Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

My first course design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first course design

I had a blast learning course design and building my first course. If anyone's interested in checking it out it's Sanctuary Lake MI (L). Its a local course to me so I was able to combine the lidar with my knowledge of the course to get it fairly accurate down to the small details. It's a hilly course with some fun elevation changes and a lot of heather. I was even able to build in the baseball fields that sit in the background of the 7th hole using the designer tools.

I'm open to feedback on the course. I'll definitely be building more courses in the future.
    TGC 2019 Published Courses:
    • Sanctuary Lake MI (L)
    • Pine Trace MI (L)

Excellent seeing more local MI courses. Tee shot on one is always fun. What’s up next, Pine Trace? That’s not done yet with Lidar. Katke Cousins would be another good one.

Comment

• rdeyer
      rdeyer commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been thinking about doing Pine Trace for sure. If I have a chance to golf another round there soon I'll likely take a bunch of photos and then make the course over the winter.

• rdeyer
      rdeyer commented
      Editing a comment
      I ended up picking up Pine Trace sooner than I thought and got it built in just over a week. It's not published yet but is close. My dad used to work there so I had him look over this morning what I built and critique some areas. Once I can knock out my punch list of minor improvements he suggested, I should be ready to make that one available. I think Pine Trace will be a really fun one for the simulator.

A few screenshots of Sanctuary Lake...

Hole 3:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hole3.png
Views:	104
Size:	812.0 KB
ID:	342326

Hole 4:

Name:	hole4.png
Views:	129
Size:	605.3 KB
ID:	342321

Hole 7 (overlooking the baseball fields):

Name:	hole7.png
Views:	103
Size:	656.9 KB
ID:	342323

Hole 9:

Name:	hole9.png
Size:	673.4 KB
ID:	342325

Hole 13:

Name:	hole13.png
Views:	102
Size:	625.9 KB
ID:	342322

Hole 15:

Name:	hole15.png
Views:	104
Size:	816.8 KB
ID:	342327

Hole 18:

Name:	hole18.png
Size:	653.6 KB
ID:	342324
    TGC 2019 Published Courses:
    • Sanctuary Lake MI (L)
    • Pine Trace MI (L)

Comment

• interpathway
      interpathway commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done on the ball fields!

Nice job on Sanctuary, i just played the front nine last night, 7 was nice with the fields in the background. Make sure to post when you complete Pine Trace.

Comment

• rdeyer
      rdeyer commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll make a separate post soon, but if you want to try it out now it's published under Pine Trace MI (L)

How about Walnut Hills ...... was an excellent course in its prime, home to the LPGA's Oldsmobile Classic ...closed now so a recreation would be like bring the past alive again....

Comment

Working...
    X