Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @simmb (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 CHRISTMAS TOUR - ProTee Tour Championship !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii. Playing 2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees) - 6378y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...open-in-hawaii
See more
See less

Course Design and Opening in Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Design and Opening in Steam

I have tried my hand at making a local course. I have followed all the steps to create a course file. The only issue that I have now is that it won't show up on the Steam version I have on my computer.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files

Did you design the course on Steam or on the sim version? If designed on Sim, it will only show up for Sim. If designed in Steam, it will work cross-platform for PC, Console and Sim.
    My Courses:

Japan Courses:
    Konosu Country Club (L)
    Olympic Country Club R&H
    Olympic Country Club F&R
    Olympic Country Club H&F
    Olympic National East (L)
    Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
    Shonan Seaside CC (LiDAR)

US Courses:
    Golf Club Fossil Creek L - Dallas, TX
    The Tribute (LiDAR) - The Colony, TX
    Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - Boca Raton, FL
    RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - Runaway Bay, TX
    River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - Burkburnett, TX

Other Courses:
    Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

I designed it on my pc using Chad's tool. I am trying to open and look at it on the Steam version.

Comment

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        As stated above, a course designed on Sim can only be seen on a Sim. A course designed on Steam is visible on all platforms.

• mikewohlwend
        mikewohlwend commented
        Editing a comment
        And that's what I am trying to figure out. I used this tool to design it. https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...n-lidar-import

Does that mean it is only designed on SIM? Or does that mean it's designed to be played anywhere?

I did not design the course on either Steam or SIM.

The tool pulls everything together but you have to publish a course within the tgc software, either sim, steam. Etc. The lidar tool is just that, a tool that pulls the OSM and lidar together. I see you have Skytrak so I assume that you have tgc for your skytrak?
      My published Courses, all on Sim software, all Lidar:

Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
      Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
      Boyne Moor Lidar
      BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
      CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
      Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
      Marco Island CC Lidar3
      Wilow Metropark Lidar5
      Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Comment

• mikewohlwend
        mikewohlwend commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct I have a Skytrak. But I am working on a completely different pc that what I run it off of.

I don't want to publish the course. Can't I view the course in the unpublished area of the game? Where I can flatten tee boxes and make minor changes. If not then I guess I need to figure out how to even publish a course on Steam.

I also don't want to publish the course since it's my 1st attempt at all of this. There's no point in having a crappy course out there.

Once you have created the course file using chads tool you need to copy it to the Courses folder in TGC. In the Steam version this is located at: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses
      From memory this folder may not exist if you have never created a course before. If that's the case then within the game go to the Designer tab and select "New Course". Once you have created a course like this the folder will exist and you can copy your "chads tool" created course into it.

If you want to edit the course go back in to TGC, go to Designer again and select "Unpublished Courses". You will see a page with your course files displayed, select the one you want and select edit. Good luck - the tool takes some learning!

If you want to play your course you can do this without having to publish it. Go to "Play Now", then "Local Match". Select "Change Course", "More Filters", scroll down a bit and you should see an option called "Unpublished Courses". Click it and you will be able to select your course and then play it.

You can also copy your unpublished course file across to the PC with the protee version of TGC, put it in the correct Course folder and play it using the Skytrak as above. The only difference is the Course folder is in a different location in the Protee version. Off the top of my head I can't remember the location.
      Last edited by gojoholo; Yesterday, 11:07 PM.
      My Courses:
      North Hants UK(Lidar RCR)
      Remedy Oak (L)
      Bramshot 2020

Comment

Originally posted by gojoholo View Post
        Once you have created the course file using chads tool you need to copy it to the Courses folder in TGC. In the Steam version this is located at: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses
        From memory this folder may not exist if you have never created a course before. If that's the case then within the game go to the Designer tab and select "New Course". Once you have created a course like this the folder will exist and you can copy your "chads tool" created course into it.

As you can see from the pic I posted in the original post. I did save my file in the directory you are referencing. The only difference is that I have TGC and not TGC19. Is that causing the issue?

If you want to edit the course go back in to TGC, go to Designer again and select "Unpublished Courses". You will see a page with your course files displayed, select the one you want and select edit. Good luck - the tool takes some learning!

Again, the course does not show up as a course I can edit. You can see in the videos that when I add it to the correct folder, it knows it's in there. But doesn't show up.

If you want to play your course you can do this without having to publish it. Go to "Play Now", then "Local Match". Select "Change Course", "More Filters", scroll down a bit and you should see an option called "Unpublished Courses". Click it and you will be able to select your course and then play it.

You can also copy your unpublished course file across to the PC with the protee version of TGC, put it in the correct Course folder and play it using the Skytrak as above. The only difference is the Course folder is in a different location in the Protee version. Off the top of my head I can't remember the location.
        https://imgur.com/Q1dzdaU
        https://imgur.com/s5mkkJC
        https://imgur.com/LiqiaGn

I couldn't get a video of me copying the course into the folder. The last video shows it's in there but not showing up.
        Last edited by mikewohlwend; Today, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewohlwend View Post

https://imgur.com/Q1dzdaU
          https://imgur.com/s5mkkJC
          https://imgur.com/LiqiaGn

I couldn't get a video of me copying the course into the folder. The last video shows it's in there but not showing up.
          Unfortunately, I don't believe you can use Chad's Tool for publishing in TGC. You need TGC2019 to be able to use that tool. It is not a cheap upgrade but I would say that it is well worth it considering the designer, Chad's Tool and all of the fantastic LiDAR courses available on TGC2019 and more and more popping up every day.
          My Courses:

Japan Courses:
          Konosu Country Club (L)
          Olympic Country Club R&H
          Olympic Country Club F&R
          Olympic Country Club H&F
          Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba

US Courses:

Other Courses:

Comment

Originally posted by gojoholo View Post

gojoholo Thanks for this! Wow, I learn something new every day. I had no idea that you could playtest unpublished courses on the Sim. I had always been designing, playtesting, and publishing on Steam and then hoping and praying that my published course would be playable on the sim, haha.

For anyone who is interested, the ST courses folder is located in: Users > [user] > AppData > LocalLow > HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_ > The Golf Club 2019 ProTee > Courses
            My Courses:

Japan Courses:
            Konosu Country Club (L)
            Olympic Country Club R&H
            Olympic Country Club F&R
            Olympic Country Club H&F
            Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba

US Courses:

Other Courses:

Comment

Originally posted by sirish19 View Post

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can use Chad's Tool for publishing in TGC. You need TGC2019 to be able to use that tool. It is not a cheap upgrade but I would say that it is well worth it considering the designer, Chad's Tool and all of the fantastic LiDAR courses available on TGC2019 and more and more popping up every day.
              Thank you for the help and the info about testing. I may get the Steam version of 2019 and try it out.

I missed my chance for the free upgrade when 2019 came out for the Skytrak. The email for it got sent to my junk folder and by the time I saw it I missed out.

Comment

Just wanted to update this. After downloading TGC19 I can open the course just fine. Thank you for the help sirish19

Comment

Yes chads tool only works with TGC 19. And I believe he has said in another forum that he will not be porting it to TGC 21. We all need to try rectify that. I hope Protee/HB studios are working on that. They would be silly not to be. The ability to recreate simulations of real courses with relative ease has made the software so much more in demand. I am a little surprised a large player has not bought the franchise to date. That would be bad for us. Hope it does not happen. The precedent is already there with Trackmans acquisition of another software a few years ago. Then they made it proprietary. Bad news.

Comment

Working...
                  X