X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Alpha version TGC2019

TGC2019_ScreenGrab

Hi awesome forum members!

With pride and joy we are happy to announce we have just sent out the first few invites for the alpha of The Golf Club 2019, so quickly check your Private Messages.

We will start to send out more invitations each day, more every day.

Haven’t received an invite to the alpha yet? It’s on its way, so please wait patiently.

For those lucky players that already have there invitation, please share your experiences in this topic.

Those who haven’t received it yet, please enjoy the content that gets shared while we work on your invites.

• Playing cooke23 's new beta course on TGC 2019 alpha...

Attached Files
    Last edited by bob chung; 03-04-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Sascha1818
      Sascha1818 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's really cool, how did you do that? How do you get it transparent to that degree?

• Jtangm04
      Jtangm04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really cool Bob. Now when my wife shakes her head that I get too ridiculous with my golf sim setup, I will pull up your video and tell her I am not that bad.

• calebm1001
      calebm1001 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so legit! I love how you overlayed the video. Impressive!

• Sascha1818
    I am using OBS. There's some color correction filters I played with to make it transparent..
    wish I could get some more color, so I am searching..
    Some of people said There's time delay feature for video on OBS...If I can get that to work, my swing and the ball flying will be in cink, and could look real cool..

Comment

• ulmaniac
      ulmaniac commented
      Editing a comment
      ChadGolf his video for the lidar course designer tool .......he has himself projected on the video...not sure how....looks great

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bob, great swing! I've subscribe to your channel ha ha. Question, your carry seems farther in perfect golf with the driver buy 20 or 30 yards then the golf club is that my imagination did you just get red hot and that one video and or conversely cold in the golf club swings?? What's going on there

• Wow, that could be really cool.

Comment

• Really cool transparency effect and I like the course. cooke23 what else needs to be done to the course? Should I take it as complete even though it has a funky beta name.

I saw that hot first bounce even when you hit Fairways sometimes . I'm pretty good at hitting low Line Drive Screamer's when I'm under trees, which happens a lot, and it snags the Fairway and shoots up into the sky halfway through its travel it's really bothersome and not realistic.

​​​​That issue, aimline, and thick Yellow Tracer are at the top of my alpha concerns.

Comment

• cooke23
        cooke23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to find some resources to allow me to add a couple fences and areas where it was just bushes and whatnot. basically, spots where you hit it IRL....you take unplayable. I've since gotten those added to my BETA 3 but haven't published it yet. waiting for other bugs to be found. I'll get an official forum post for it. may get more play doing that.

• Originally posted by Solstice72 View Post
      ​​​​That issue, aimline, and thick Yellow Tracer are at the top of my alpha concerns.
      I’d like to see a black tracer or the ability to select a color! I also feel that club data should be separated from ball data (select what you want as a menu option) on the post shot analysis screen.
      It’s a lot of noise.

Comment

• Solstice72
        Solstice72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ball and Club head should be separated, cherry picking which ones show would be bonus.

• Has anyone tried the designer? On mine, the cursor is like right of where it should be. Very bizarre. I actually use The video game designers which don't do this.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• I think that is a known bug with HB studios version of the software that is due to resolution settings. Try going to standard hd res or search the HB forum for this issue.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          It only happens on the ProTee version so I just use the HB version.

• I did come across another bug today with regards to rewound shots playing head to head.

If you are playing head to head and your opponent rewinds his shot, and you happen to turn off turn order it really screws up who is hitting which ball. In the case today I was supposed to putt from about 8 feet away. My opponent rewound his shot (but since I had turn order enabled it seemed as if it was stuck on his previous shot) I shut off turn order and then magically he had my 8 foot putt and I ended up having to make his 17 yard chip.

Still haven't played OG TGC since getting alpha!

Comment

• Sledge0001
          Sledge0001 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also seemed to have lost my opponents animated character. He is there just doesn't move anymore! I still get the tracer though..

• Solstice72
          Solstice72 commented
          Editing a comment
          You know I conceded a hole with my buddy the other day and it conceded both of us and kicked us both out to the next hole.

• Sledge0001
          Sledge0001 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also think there maybe an oddity when someone gets moved on to the next hole for being 7 over par. The scorecard on my opponents side didn't seem to reflect an accurate over par score. Again this may have something to due with the rewound shot.

• Where do the .course files go when you save them in 2019 sim software?
        I'm trying to start this lidar course stuff but can't for the life of me find the course file I built and saved

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          yup, that was the issue. thanks

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          it's locallow/HB STudios then you'll see TGC2019 then course folder

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          got it now, my Appdata folder was hidden that's why I had no clue where it was

• Bob,. Nice video. I'm just curious what launch monitor you are using. I noticed that you were getting ridiculously low backspin numbers with your driver that weren't realistic at all. I saw one in the 900s and another around 1,050.

Comment

• Is there something I'm missing,, some courses seem to have course time of day locked. Some of the course I want to play are locked it seems into morn or eve (darker screen) times of day. Take Old Head Golf Links, awesome RCR, 5 tees too, has some cliffs like Cabot Links that is currently in design so really desirable.
          But it's too dark for my tastes in the Sim. Won't allow noon golf lol. You have to eat "the design, the vision" , of the delicate genius designer than made it

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I find that practice mode goes dark a little early for me...… No way to change it,

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting

• BUG: "On Green" gimme doesn't auto forward to the next hole when gimme conditions are met and autorewind is on.

All the other gimme choices will auto foreward to next hole when their conditions are met if auto rewind on. I believe this is a new feature in tgc2019 and very useful for short game practice or par 3 challenges.

Comment

• Anyone want to confirm that they find courses that the time of day is locked to the default set up and if so this would be considered normal or intended by the designer in their opinion? There's just no indication in the program that it is locked it just won't move to an alternate time of day

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
              BGCurtis2nd commented
              Editing a comment
              Never thought about that, would be nice to know. When I did Viburnum I set the time of day to 3:30 just because that is the time my nephew gets off work and the time we normally play. I wanted to see how much it was like playing the real course so just set it for the time we normally play to see just how well it matched up.

• Any Updates from TGC?

Comment

• After playing Cabot Cliffs yesterday, the big issue that needs to be fixed is the low LA shots nosediving into the ground and bouncing straight back up. Had it happen twice during my round, once with a 3 wood and once with a Hybrid. Neither were lower than 6 LA. 3 wood was from light rough, Hybrid from the heavy rough.

When we have no rewinds in the tournaments, this is gonna be an issue for people if it's not fixed.

Comment

• mikeingp
                mikeingp commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm sure it will be get fixed in the beta or final release. Regardless, with no rewinds wouldn't everyone be affected equally?

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah they would but it's an obvious issue. If it was protee dojng the fixing I wouldn't worry about it, but it's not unfortunately
            Working...
            X