X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC2019 challenge your scoring game

Buckthorn precision range.
    Gimme rule distance
    Set both gimmie 1 and 2 to the distance of your choice. I used 4yds.
    Auto- rewind shot on (check box)

Play through all 18. This is going into my favorites and will surely help my wedge game heading into this coming season.

Give it a try

Does the gimme override the auto rewind and move you on to the next hole? This sounds like a great plan.

Comment

Looking forward to giving this a go when I get home. So if I understand correctly, its 18 holes, set auto rewind so that I can keep trying to get one within a set distance. Once accomplished it will move me onto the next hole. I assume the shot/green is different on each hole. In a perfect world I'd complete 18 shots within say 10 feet and finish the course. Realistically, going to be more like 100, then work to achieve my personal best. LOVE IT. Way to take advantage of the TGC2019 difference in processing auto rewinds on a hole out!

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
        Buckthorn precision range.
        Gimme rule distance
        Set both gimmie 1 and 2 to the distance of your choice. I used 4yds.
        Auto- rewind shot on (check box)

Play through all 18. This is going into my favorites and will surely help my wedge game heading into this coming season.

Give it a try
        You will need it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
          Does the gimme override the auto rewind and move you on to the next hole? This sounds like a great plan.
          Yes once you hit it inside your gimmie range it moves you to the next hole. It's the closest work around to get me back to my skytrak range practice sessions. It worked great. I played the masters par3 last night too. You could do this anywhere. Great practice and a real hoot.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Ill take that as a compliment triple. Thank you

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            You don't need any more practice you're done. You need to take a few months off actually. You shot -3 in your own tournament round. Actually what do you think of the wedge play the carry and the number is you're getting relative to the sky track

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Wedge play is real close to the same. Im not sure I can tell a difference.

Originally posted by Laboroflove View Post
          Looking forward to giving this a go when I get home. So if I understand correctly, its 18 holes, set auto rewind so that I can keep trying to get one within a set distance. Once accomplished it will move me onto the next hole. I assume the shot/green is different on each hole. In a perfect world I'd complete 18 shots within say 10 feet and finish the course. Realistically, going to be more like 100, then work to achieve my personal best. LOVE IT. Way to take advantage of the TGC2019 difference in processing auto rewinds on a hole out!
          Yes so if you finish your like at least 18 under barring any aces. It's a great way to work on getting your wedge carry exact. I was able to do it with 4 yards/12ft. Some of them were difficult, you had maybe a 2 yard landing zone to get it in there, some were easy. I would start with 12ft or more depending on your wedge control. The course was easy on the eyes too.

Comment

Just gave this a try. Had the gimmes at 2 yards...… after staying on the first hole for 15 minutes I changed them to 5 yards. Think twice before finishing the round. It will inflate your birdie stats. I made this mistake on a putting course. Now I have 10 holes in one more than I should.

My thoughts on this course...… It is a great little course for practicing the short game. I have set it to my favorites. Thanks Coz for bringing this to our attention. A course like this could be great for tournament play. No autorewind of course.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
              Wizard of Coz commented
              Editing a comment
              oops thanks for the heads up but I did finish it. Hole 18 would be a perfect place to quit.

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good idea, cut it off at 18

Did TGC1 have this behaviour when rewind is on? That it will proceed to the next hole if the gimme criteria is met? Or is this new in TGC2019? Very nice in any case.

I tried gimme set to "on green" but it never proceeds to the next hole. All the other gimme choices go to the next hole when the gimme criteria is met but not "on green". Too bad since Distance and On Green both seem useful gimme choices for this.

Comment

I think it did but I don't remember for sure. Set it to distance for the both 1 and 2 same distance and try it (try 5yds for both that will be ez). Ill try it in a bit if I can get connected to tgc. I'll use fants par 3.

Comment

No it doesn't move to the next hole in tgc

Comment

What is needed for TGC 2019, is to have practice mode available for all courses. Drop the ball anywhere, auto rewind, go to any hole, and the stats should not count for practice mode. For the designers that build the ranges...… have practice mode only for those courses. That course has some tiny greens. It was great for short game practice.

Comment

How do you handle swinging on 18, but trying to get out of the round before it registers your stats?

Comment

• keither5150
                      keither5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I guess you can shut gimmes off while on the 18th tee. Then just quit the game after you are on the green. Any other nice par 3's ?????

That was actually helpful I got serious last night and I feel I'm improved. Nice course

Comment

yea great, all i need is TGC2019.......

Comment

OMG,,,, this is my new favorite way to practice the short game. Autorewind on, gimmes set to distance , 4 or 5 yards. Pick any par 3 course. The one mentioned at the top is great. The masters LIDAR is also a really good one. While I really enjoy putting with TGC, And my sim is about as accurate as you can get when it comes to putting. I really don't feel the need to practice putting as much as the rest of my game. Thanks to the Wizard of Coz for bringing this way of practicing to my attention. Be careful not to finish the course as it will give you a bunch of undeserved birdies. You can avoid this by shutting gimmes off when at the 18th hole.... and don't hole out.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                          Wizard of Coz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Your welcome keither. I'm new to the gc2 and just trying to find a way to get a practice session similar to my skytrak practice session. It was easy to set greens size and distance on the skytrak range. This works well and is fun at the same time!!

• Wizard of Coz
                          Wizard of Coz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          One thing you have to be careful with is changing it back to gimmies 6ft when entering tournament. I had to exit this weeks tournament to fix it cause when your in the tournament you can't check your putter settings. You should give me a 1 stroke penalty this week.
                      Working...
                      X