TGC2019 Lidar Course List (& RCR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC2019 Lidar Course List (& RCR)

Since you can't easily search and there isn't an agreed upon naming convention, I decided to start a tracking list of the Lidar courses for TGC2019 as well as some of the well done RCR courses. I will keep this list updated and posting to this thread.

I went through all the threads and believe I have captured all of the courses so far. Since some of them haven't been migrated over or released yet, the TGC Name is blank.

If you see any errors or courses that aren't listed, send me a PM and I will correct it.

You can filter by designer, State and number of holes.

Hopefully it's useful for some.

Lidar Real Course Name,TGC Name,Designer,State,Country,Holes The Harvester,Harvester IA cooke23 LD,cooke23,IA,USA,18 Newport Country Club,Newport CC LIDAR,Laboroflove,RI,USA,18 George Wright Golf Club,Laboroflove,MA,USA,18 George Wright Golf Course,George Wright Golf Course,Joseph Leonard,MA,USA,18

OK folks. As requested, here is a link to google docs. Let me know if this works. People should only be able to view. I haven't used this before, but I'm assuming the link never changes even if I keep making updates.

Lidar Real Course Name,TGC Name,Designer,State,Country,Holes The Harvester,Harvester IA cooke23 LD,cooke23,IA,USA,18 Newport Country Club,Newport CC LIDAR,Laboroflove,RI,USA,18 George Wright Golf Club,Laboroflove,MA,USA,18 George Wright Golf Course,George Wright Golf Course,Joseph Leonard,MA,USA,18

Comment

• orangeman
      orangeman commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct and thanks for doing this!

• caldiver
      caldiver commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!!!

Originally posted by wbond View Post
    OK folks. As requested, here is a link to google docs. Let me know if this works. People should only be able to view. I haven't used this before, but I'm assuming the link never changes even if I keep making updates.

I'm in. Good stuff. Thanks for pulling this together. Super helpful
    -KillaCale8

Comment

Can someone do my home course with Lidar? (River Creek Club in Leesburg, VA)

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not that hard to get the process going if you check out ChadGolf tutorial step by step. I'd be happy to help along the way . If there's lidar, it's as simple as mapping the course out in Open street maps and then compiling everything together in the tool he created. You'd know better than anyone how the course should look as far as trees, grasses, hazards, etc....

• orangeman
        orangeman commented
        Editing a comment
        River Creek is a good track. One of these days I want to give Springfield a try - that was my former home course.

How about the golf club at Snoqualmie Ridge...champions tour stop.

Comment

• Rockstar1974
        Rockstar1974 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am working on that course. Have it all laid out with water down. Working on decorating.

Google drive file continues to be updated.
      See post 31 for link

Comment

• FaultyClubs
        FaultyClubs commented
        Editing a comment
        Suggest asking gsf adm to update first post with the link.

Wiscogolfnut recommends I add Sunday river to a society event. He said it was lidar and a good track. I haven't played due to back pain but I did schedule it.

Comment

Is there a way, and if so does anyone know how, to unpublish a course after it has been published? Or to overwrite the published course? Just getting into building some Lidar courses and was curious.

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          No, it's best to play it yourself some and then name it something unique to get feedback and then publish a final version with the final name you want to call it.

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone that has published a course has said “crap, how do i replace that?” You can’t.

I published a fictional course recently. Taurus GC.
        With 5 tees and 4 pin positions, i designed it for sim users.
        I would like to hear comments if anyone plays. wbond maybe you can add it to your fictional courses list.
        DOC

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          It's been added. Thanks.

I came across the course a couple of days ago and really enjoyed playing it . The graphics are really crisp and colorful. Im not sure why different courses play smoother than others, but my graphics card cannot handle some courses, but yours I have maxed out and it played beautifully. Thanks for creating it, its in my favorites Click image for larger version

Name:	20190417_185830.jpg
Views:	1541
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	201838

Comment

• DOC
          DOC commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Lynchdpm , nice to hear that you enjoyed the course.

my previous pic is a bit blurry and washed out...too much ambient light in my sim...photographer error. just wanted to show how crisp the graphics are in a darkened roomClick image for larger version

Name:	20190417_191343.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	201866
        Loving TGC 2019

Comment

I just completed my first Lidar course. It is only the front nine holes but is a pretty straight forward course... approximately 2900 yards and 35 par.

Course is located in Door County, Wisconsin. The title is Maxwelton Braes (Front 9).

Should be a nice course for those looking for something a little easier. No water.

Here is a link to their website: https://www.golfmaxweltonbraes.com/golf

If you check it out let me know if you find any errors or have feedback. Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by DOC View Post
            I published a fictional course recently. Taurus GC.
            With 5 tees and 4 pin positions, i designed it for sim users.
            I would like to hear comments if anyone plays. wbond maybe you can add it to your fictional courses list.
            DOC
            Just played this course. Well made and very playable. Good job DOC

Comment

wbond this is Awesome! Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Where are people getting the lidar data? I'd love to build some of my local courses but can't seem to find the data for my area. I'm in the Buffalo, NY area.

Comment

Hi wbond,

I just finished my homecourse and maybe you want to add it to your list.
                  It is called WBGC 2019 Lidar. There ist another Version called WBGC 2019 Backtees Lidar (because of a different par on two holes). The designer is called ElPrimero and the real name of the course ist Wittelsbacher GC Neuburg Rohrenfeld. It is located in Bavaria, Germany.

Cheers

Ivo
                  My courses:
                  Wittelsbacher WBGC GC 2020 L
                  WBGC 2020 Backtees (L) V2
                  Donauworth 2020 Lidar
                  Hamburg Falkenstein

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are on the list. Thanks