List of Bugs Fixed in TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Bugs Fixed in TGC 2019

I'm just curious if anyone has a list or knows what bugs were fixed from Alpha Testing TGC 2019?

I'm not seeing the ball carrying further than my GC2 readout. If anything on most shots it's carrying less than what I'm getting by a few yards.

it doesnt bother me though because it seems like I get a few extra yards of roll out more than I would IRL perhaps so it all evens out in the end.

my advice would be to just play and not worry about a couple yards here and there, as you know Leo Mode, every flight algorithm is different.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      When the terrain is set to firm, I find that the rollout more closely matches my local conditions ( Alberta @ 3600 ft ) It is great to have the option of customizing the playing conditions. Everyone should be able to match their local conditions.

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post
    I noticed carry distance is slightly longer than GC2 throughout all clubs on 2019 (not just a driver as notoriously known on Foresight products for low spin). On TGC1 i also found out that the carry distance can be more or less vs GC2 - but still very similar which is not a good sign for driver shots especially - and yet on 2019 it is even longer than GC2.

I was thinking if the high bounce on the first roll would be the cause for TGC2019. But even with no wind and medium ground settings, the distance seems to be inflated than IRL (verified using ball flight model algorithm and Trackman outdoor numbers). Sorry to burst if you don’t or can’t believe me.
    What GC2 firmware and GSX version are you using? They greatly impact carry.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      I use 4.0 due to HMT. I may be wrong but I’d bet heavy money it’s longer. I just adjust. I’m not talking about a lot but half of my tour birdies are gimmies so I think I’m right. Could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. lol.

• Stingreye
      Stingreye commented
      Editing a comment
      Leo, as far as I know, the only questionable carries for a gc2 are low spin drives under 2k spin. Not aware of anything else.

• LEO MODE
      LEO MODE commented
      Editing a comment
      stingreye after discovering it further with various people, i noticed that the spin decay starts around 2600rpm to be precise. and the discrepancies get larger and noticeable around 2200rpm.

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
    I'm not seeing the ball carrying further than my GC2 readout. If anything on most shots it's carrying less than what I'm getting by a few yards.

it doesnt bother me though because it seems like I get a few extra yards of roll out more than I would IRL perhaps so it all evens out in the end.

my advice would be to just play and not worry about a couple yards here and there, as you know Leo Mode, every flight algorithm is different.
    It’s not just a couple of yards here and there. It’s 25yds at the most than IRL, which is the reason why I brought it up. After searching the forum it looked like this was talked about with TGC1 too many times. I am currently talking to protee about drag and lift so hopefully I can help incorporating this soon in the right way.
    Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-30-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• LEO MODE
      LEO MODE commented
      Editing a comment
      mthunt, that's something i never heard before, that outdoor they all match same numbers on low spin shots. I would love to see your proof on that and u just wrote up there that you saw a difference in carry on different GC2 firmware.....
      Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-31-2019, 01:04 AM.

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      When I say a difference I’m talking a couple of yards with a 7 iron. Maybe 4 yards. A difference of 2-4 yards between anything is nothing to think about. I’m not a scientist.

• LEO MODE
      LEO MODE commented
      Editing a comment
      7 iron shouldn't be any different between GC2 and TM4. In fact they are awfully closer than 4 yards sometimes. I'm talking about low spin driver shots.

I just hit 30 shots on mthunts range from 7 iron to driver good and bad and tgc matched gc2 typically within 2 or 3 yards with several being exactly the same. Tgc was sometimes higher sometimes lower. There were some 5 yd differences higher or lower and the worst discrepancy was 10 yards once on a 1400 rpm driver shot. I didnt see tgc as having a particular bias longer or shorter.

I do see bigger differences when playing a round but that's expected as lie, wind, elevation etc come into play.

Not really seeing a problem in tgc2019. They will never be exact on every shot. Tuning the algorithm to one persons swing could make it worse generally.

Comment

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      And make it wrong to my game which matches up to TGC

• LEO MODE
      LEO MODE commented
      Editing a comment
      ok you're comparing with gc2 again which already has a bias ingrained....not here to stir things up but just wanted to tell the truth (and to be honest sometimes nobody wants to know the truth which I understand). I wasn't talking about the course and total distance either; pure standard no lie no nothing on a flat range. I am already seeing something interesting as I've been playing rounds and I'm sure people will start to notice. I have a lot of passion to fix and help everyone, not to start some war.
      Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-31-2019, 01:00 AM.

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Again, today considerable less on gc2 than game, but very happy with software results and the play. But I like truth (maybe I can't hit shit and gc2 is right), and if there's more truthiness here to unearth Leo I'm eager to find out.

Now where was I.... back to that bug up my butt about course lighting elsewhere on this forum......
      Last edited by Solstice72; 03-31-2019, 03:30 AM. Reason: Missed placing a word

Reviving this thread just to ask for distance to pin in the “side bar scorecard” (lots of room there) and an “up next” with distance to pin in the after shot card?
    -KillaCale8

Comment

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep yep yep, really would move the group sim experience along allowing ready golf,

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      For some reason the other players ballpositions and distance only shows for like 3 seconds then fades away. Is there a toggle I'm missing, I thought I remembered it longer and durable when it first launched

Originally posted by calebm1001 View Post
    Reviving this thread just to ask for distance to pin in the “side bar scorecard” (lots of room there) and an “up next” with distance to pin in the after shot card?
    I have to believe that there is way way bigger fish to fry. Distance to flag is already there.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• calebm1001
      calebm1001 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would agree. Tons of fish to fry. Just some more random things that seem forgotten from the development of the game that would be nice to have someday. I have to believe if it’s not physics related or entire game type (think scramble) that a a few lines of code to showcase information readily available wouldn’t be a big time suck.

The high first bounce is just ridiculous and hard to explain to people that come to use my sim. I wish that bug would be fixed

Comment

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that uphill bounce problem goes down badly with friends, have to do some quick explaining

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      Solstice72 Even if it's in the console version, why can it not be fixed here? As I understand it, there are sim specific items in the software that we use. Is this really not the case?

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya wbond, I hear ya. For that issue it's not clear if it's legal, technical, or a lack of will.

In TGC I used to employ the "E" key followed by the "V" key quite a bit when putting to get differing angles and side views of the putt. In 2019 it does little or nothing.
    Also, does ANYONE get the flag stick to pull/replace using the recommended "C" key in 2019 or the "F" key from TGC??? Is that just my install or is it a glitch?

A show/hide minimap hotkey would be a nice touch.

Comment

mthunt Everyone hates the first bounce because it just is super unrealistic. Sometimes you need to hit a low punchout shot or you're short sided and want to hit a chip/pitch shot into a hill to kill some speed and it just reacts so horribly.

Like others have said, it is very frustrating to try to explain it to guests when they come over.

The main frustrating thing for me is that Protee hasn't really addressed it at all.

If they can't fix it, tell us why.
      If they won't fix it, tell us why.
      If they are trying to fix it, tell us when they plan to have it fixed.

We just want some kind of communication on the issues.

As well as maybe a feature road map for the future(scrambles, # of players, more tournaments).

It seems our main feedback is mthunt , who mainly just defends protee.
      As well as Protee_max on discord, but he is mostly just handling discord stuff, and troubleshooting issues with TGC.

It seems TGC is getting more and more users, and they will all be asking these same questions.

Comment

Originally posted by JackedUpSwing View Post
        mthunt Everyone hates the first bounce because it just is super unrealistic. Sometimes you need to hit a low punchout shot or you're short sided and want to hit a chip/pitch shot into a hill to kill some speed and it just reacts so horribly.

Like others have said, it is very frustrating to try to explain it to guests when they come over.

The main frustrating thing for me is that Protee hasn't really addressed it at all.

If they can't fix it, tell us why.
        If they won't fix it, tell us why.
        If they are trying to fix it, tell us when they plan to have it fixed.

We just want some kind of communication on the issues.

As well as maybe a feature road map for the future(scrambles, # of players, more tournaments).

It seems our main feedback is mthunt , who mainly just defends protee.
        As well as Protee_max on discord, but he is mostly just handling discord stuff, and troubleshooting issues with TGC.

It seems TGC is getting more and more users, and they will all be asking these same questions.
        I’m on the list of everyone that hates the first big bounce and ProTee is trying to fix it. What I said was it’s in the HB game so HB has to fix it.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

JackedUpSwing It's mainly because protee has no control over the software, from my understanding they are basically just a reseller that fronted money to HB to make the game work for a sim. HB studios has went dark on the steam/xbox/ps3 version; those people are unhappy with HB.

Comment

Don't we have some sim specific options in our software vs the console? If so, then who updates that software and if it can be updated, then address the high bounce and the other smaller items.

Comment

Is there a video of this first bounce issue I can view? I have the Steam version and I have not noticed this first bounce issue. Is it only in the ProTee version? I'm thinking about buying TGC2019 for SkyTrak.

Does this video show the issue?

I've hit that shot in real life many times on that hole. The bounce seems legit.
              Last edited by Jerome; 01-14-2020, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                No that shot was just not good lol, sorry 😁

• trhuke
                trhuke commented
                Editing a comment
                If you didn't say HUH? WTF??? when you first saw it you probably haven't seen it. It is totally unrealistic to an absurd degree.

That’s not it. When you see it, you’ll know. It’s nearly vertical and happens even when there is no slope

Comment

I'm kind of wondering if TGC 2019 is getting orphaned....... No info, no fixes, even on minor simple things (flag in/out key not working for example), no updates for 8 or 10 months now?

I really like the game but I'm kind of wondering if its just been abandoned by its seller with no plans for bug fixes or improvements.

Comment

• aja
                  aja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Certainly seems that our requests are falling on deaf ears. Unless of course I've missed some updates or notifications.

I'd like to see more convincing graphics on the shot results page. Those are surely under the control of ProTee and not HB.
              Working...
              X