List of Bugs Fixed in TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Bugs Fixed in TGC 2019

I'm just curious if anyone has a list or knows what bugs were fixed from Alpha Testing TGC 2019?

Mini map aiming is fixed. I just played 4 rounds and that is all I could tell that was different. I didn't really do any testing, I just played some rounds.

Comment

Any idea if the low shot high bounce was fixed? Or the greenside bunker was fixed (no penalty applied)? Or the on green camera? haha i guess I could go on.

Comment

• stevnkrn
        stevnkrn commented
        Editing a comment
        I reported in the installation thread thread that the low shot bounce issue is still there. With that said, I was not one of the alpha testers so I don't know exactly what the alpha testers saw. What I can tell you is that I had guests playing with me yesterday and they were both low ball hitters. When a hard, low shot hit the ground the bounce was high and very unrealistic looking. Other than shots like that I thought the ball physics were quite good, and an improvement over the previous version of TGC. I hope they fix that bounce because it really detracts from an otherwise realistic golf experience.

wbond its better. I wouldn't call it perfect, but I havent played on a very soft course. I played at Tarwa and it was a medium bounce.

One thing I noticed is the lack of carry numbers while on the range.

ProTee Max is this one of your features?

Comment

Has anyone been able to test multiplayer game modes yet?

Comment

Yeah I haven't gotten around to installing the new one so the bunker penalty is as important as the high first bounce issue.
          ​​​​​​
          actually is there any difference in any of the penalty from rough or fescue?

Comment

I played 4 rounds this morning and I went in plenty of greenside bunkers. I always try to double what it tells me the distance is and it worked out every time. Looks like it's could be fixed.

Comment

• PunchoutPro
              PunchoutPro commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought I read somewhere it was a 50% penalty in greenside bunkers/sand under 40 yards (play a shot at 150% the stated distance) and add a club for fairway bunkers. During alpha testing, we had trouble with what was defined as sand or a bunker. I just got up and running tonight with the newest version and will see how it plays tomorrow and this weekend.

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that's probably more in line with what I do. If it's a 20 yard greenside bunker I'll try to hit it about 32 or so. So not exactly double

• Trickle007
              Trickle007 commented
              Editing a comment
              My skytrak keeps going into putting mode on greenside bunkers.... is this normal?

If you concede , you get a warning now that you could have approximately 11 or 12 added to your score before you accept.

The warning makes sense but why oh why can't a stroke limit be manually altered still....

​​​​

Comment

Low shot high bounce is still there and the green camera hasn't been fixed/changed to behave the same way as TGC.

Still need to check if you go to a range, move the aiming target and then turn on autorewind to see if changes back to the original target line after each shot.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that bounce. They didn't want to get into the physics maybe at this time. Nor the thick yellow line

• Trickle007
                Trickle007 commented
                Editing a comment
                The bounce is definitely there and pretty unrealistic I never seen my golf ball bounce that way on a flop shot into a green. As for the yellow tracking line I shut mine off I just don't like it.

Yep bounce on low shots still there. I hit a couple low screamers on purpose and saw basically the same bounce from alpha. While it's not earth shattering and still playable, it's not realistic for most shots like this. IRL it occurs occasionally but not every low shot like here. Also ball tracer does not seem to be changed from alpha. Replay menu still not reliable and hard to use IMO. MIni map fixed, that helps and is great for playability. Much improved from TGC1 still, and hopefully Protee will try and patch any items over time.

Comment

• gkkling
                gkkling commented
                Editing a comment
                In the last video ProTee put out, Jaime (the host in the vid) was selling that as a feature. "Improved physics". I got the impression that the funky bounce was intended. It will be interesting to see if that ever gets addressed.

• Fhacker
                Fhacker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I remember that comment also and my thought was.....Really?

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Wasn’t that just a guy with ProTee? I was like, dude, take less club already.

Tried tgc 2019 for the first time yesterday. Definitely an improvement from the original. Graphics are much cleaner and the short game play is more realistic with longer rollouts on the chip shots.

I agree that the bounce is still unrealistic. I had a few hits that should have stopped very quickly in the rough but bounced out very fortunately onto the fairway or green.

I tried some local multiplayer set ups by myself. Was thrilled to see that the camera offset automatically switches between right-handed and left-handed players.

I had the sky track get stuck once in trying to send information. This happened when I was in q scout cam mode and forgot to hit the q button again. Skytrak reset after I hit the rewind button so didn't have to exit the game.
              My courses:
              Aldeen
              Butler National
              Cantigny
              Canyata
              Cog Hill #4
              Harbor Shores
              Harborside
              Naperville Country Club
              Prairie Landing
              Rich Harvest Farms
              Ruffled Feathers
              Shoreacres

Comment

• Jtangm04
                Jtangm04 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the tip. Just starting to Chad's lidar tool and begun mapping the bunkers and fairways on a nearby course on open street map. Will keep in mind adjusting the rough when I start the tgc course designer.

• Fhacker
                Fhacker commented
                Editing a comment
                Jwheels9876. Yes I know about the rough setting and this was in an course I designed and I believe I adjusted those settings but I will check again. But the bounces I referred to above were in fairways not rough

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, I was referencing this post with the rough bounces.
                I still see the huge bounces on low shots also in the fairway. I gotta hit better shots to make it not happen though 😁

Did I miss this in Alpha or is it a new feature? When in a multiplayer game the distance remaining to the flag shows under the players name where their ball lies (not in the HUD). So today I hit my drive and whilst waiting for my PP to hit I could see my ball down there in the rough with the distance I had left to the flag. Not a bug I know but it's a nice feature to have added. Maybe I missed it in Alpha but I don't remember seeing it before.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't I think

They did fix the autorewind bug for ranges. For instance if you use mthunt's range that has greens on the side, you can move the aiming stick to the side and it now stays there for autorewind.

They did not fix the club selection. When you select 8 on the keyboard it gives you 9 iron.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                A bug I think I liked, at least when I like it. That BUCKTHORN Precision course and Masters par 3 course now lost some luster that it doesn't auto proceed to next hole when gimme conditions met with rewind on. That scenario made for some of the most concentrated practice I've ever had.

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, no..... Solstice 72..... did they change that " gimme conditions met.... move to the next hole with auto rewind on" I really liked that. Not a big problem. A player can just concede and move to the next hole. And yes..Mthunt's range is pretty great,

• colinjm18
                colinjm18 commented
                Editing a comment
                The keyboard isn’t a bug. It’s like it because you can customise you bag and if you take the 5 wood out like I have all the clubs become 1 number less on the keyboard.

Originally posted by GarySatterwhite View Post
              Has anyone been able to test multiplayer game modes yet?
              Yes I've played many head to head matches against my old man. So far it's great.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                DirtyGarry24 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was wondering about 4 person game modes. Some of us tried it awhile back during alpha and it didn't seem to work. Hoping that would be fixed soon.

I noticed carry distance is slightly longer than GC2 throughout all clubs on 2019 (not just a driver as notoriously known on Foresight products for low spin). On TGC1 i also found out that the carry distance can be more or less vs GC2 - but still very similar which is not a good sign for driver shots especially - and yet on 2019 it is even longer than GC2.

I was thinking if the high bounce on the first roll would be the cause for TGC2019. But even with no wind and medium ground settings, the distance seems to be inflated than IRL (verified using ball flight model algorithm and Trackman outdoor numbers). Sorry to burst if you don’t or can’t believe me.

Comment

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Firmware and GSX impact carry. Always have. If you find it long use 3.7. 3.5 is dead on and 4.0 is long.

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                So which GSX do you have Mt?

• LEO MODE
                LEO MODE commented
                Editing a comment
                Solstice72, I think I'm seeing some patterns here. But need to test more.
            Working...
            X