List of Bugs Still in TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Bugs Still in TGC 2019

After being an Alpha Tester and playing 9 holes tonight, the following things still need to be fixed.

1. I went to the chipping training area and had a 40 yard shot from the sand and I hit multiple 60 yard swings that would normally be reduced by 40% and all of the shots went 55 to 60 yards without any yardage penalty. Once I started my 9 holes the penalty started working again. I'm wondering if it's just the training area.

2. I had a few shots on the driving range that clearly went left, but the after shot display showed they were way right.

3. The overhead yardage on the course is still shifted when you press 'E'.

4. Yardages are still wrong in the main upper left corner of the screen after you continue a round. I was playing White or blue tees, but when I continued the same game it was listing the yardage for the red tees.

This is all I have for now.

It says hit the "C" key to pull/replace the pin, which is a great tool for trying to line up a tricky putt. Although it prompts me to do it, the game doesn't respond when I hit the "C" key at all, maybe a little click but no flagstick. The "F" key does this in the last TGC version.
    Is it just on my install??

Comment

• Davey
      Davey commented
      Editing a comment
      I have ST and "C" (previously "F" on TGC) doesn't work when putting on green for me either. There is a workaround...switch to non-putter club and "F" key will get flagstick in and switch back to putter.

• trhuke
      trhuke commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Davey, if you click on the "C" in the box at the upper right corner of the screen it will remove/replace pin too. Stumbled over it today. Makes putting much less of an guessing game.

• Davey
      Davey commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool thanks!

Items that could be improved:

1/ There is no graphic representation of the ball impact position on the clubface on the "Shot Anaysis" screen (The Deviation image shows the same centered crosshairs representation without an image of the ball position regardless of off center hits).

2/ The club representation for hybrid and woods on the Shot Analysis screen could definitely be improved. Graphics look like they are from the 50's

3/ On the mini map water hazards should be shown as blue. I played a course where the water hazard could not be distinguished from the rest of the course since it was shown as a slightly different shade of green!

4/ The useless "Ready for Swing"

5/ Give us back the flagstick on the green.
    Last edited by aja; 04-14-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• joelogan
      joelogan commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, especially 1 and 4

• JB3
      JB3 commented
      Editing a comment
      3! this has always drove me and friends crazy, blue stands out can not tell you how many times we hit to water we didn't see because its dark and blends in.

• LEO MODE
      LEO MODE commented
      Editing a comment
      Having a caddy selection based on customized yardage will be very convenient for stats tracking for sure.

Originally posted by aja View Post
    Items that could be improved:

1/ There is no graphic representation of the ball impact position on the clubface on the "Shot Anaysis" screen (The Deviation image shows the same centered crosshairs representation without an image of the ball position regardless of of center hits).

2/ The club representation for hybrid and woods on the Shot Analysis screen could definitely be improved. Graphics look like they are from the 50's

3/ On the mini map water hazards should be shown as blue. I played a course where the water hazard could not be distinguished from the rest of the course since it was shown as a slightly different shade of green!

4/ The useless "Ready for Swing"

5/ Give us back the flagstick on the green.
    1. How would they know where you hit the clubface?
    2. Never even noticed, kind of irrelevant IMO.
    3.agree, if that's the case, should be blue for certain and OB should be white.
    4. I could do without that as well.
    5. Cant you just hit the toggle flag on/off button ??

Comment

• aja
      aja commented
      Editing a comment
      Jwheels9876 - You don't have a ProTee, do you?

1. ProTee knows where the ball was struck. That's why the info is there on the screen.
      2. Because you don't have a launch monitor that gives TGC2019 club data, you probably would never look at this. Irrelevant for you, maybe. Not irrelevant for me, thanks a lot!
      5. Tried that - no flag!
      Last edited by aja; 04-14-2019, 04:56 PM.

Originally posted by Dizzle71 View Post
    Conceding Hole -
    Was playing a round with 3 people. One of the guys had to leave after nine. On the tenth hole, he was up on the teebox and we conceded the hole for him and it ended the hole for all of us.
    This kills the match play, this is what i wanted to play most as I mostly play here with my bud. When we concede the hole it basically kills the entire round on match play.

Comment

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a big problem no doubt. Playing with friends and having one unable to concede the hole otherwise everyone concedes is not good.

I was stuck in a bunker 135 yards form the green with a low lip. The Flag was +7 ft and the Bunker was not deep, but every shot we tried (9i / Pw) went straight up in the air and about 30 ft forward. Also I think the same issue is on the fairways when the green is up hill you have a great chance of the ball just flying straight up and not really going anywhere, this is to me an issue with the bounce being so bad. anyway these little things kinda just kill the rounds.
    Spin seems broken , we have set up so many shots trying to produce back spin and its almost impossible to get any pull back. You really have a hard time attacking flags because its bad at 15/35/60/90/110 all attack yardages and getting one hop and stop on the lower shots and full backspin on the longer shots. I think the spin and the bounce are game killers, we all agreed to move back to TGC.
    It kills us because 2019 looks amazing and the a lot of the feel and play are really good but we can play golf with out spin and unable to hit balls uphill all the sudden in the middle of rounds, I know some will not worry about these things but we love golf here and are very competitive.

Back Spin
    Concede hole in match play
    Bounce on uphill lies can not allow normal shot
    Bounce in the Ruff can be very excessive
    set up keeps erasing its self (tired of setting my guy up and editing my clubs)
    % off shot from lie - If you are adjusting % hit for a lie tell us what it is
    shot track line, should just add a slider so people can pick the transparency and thickness of the shot trail

I certainly have to change my game a lot to play 2019, lots of shorter shots trying to now bounce its way to the hole.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      JB3, I suggest that you try Taylormade TP5's or Project A's The balls play similar to ProV1's but last way longer in the sim room. Scuffed and cut up balls can wreck the screen in a hurry.

• JB3
      JB3 commented
      Editing a comment
      yea, I was just discussing this with someone else. The V1 definitely scuffs and cuts easy. Maybe i will give those a try.

• FaultyClubs
      FaultyClubs commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried the project a's when Keith first mentioned them some time ago. They are lasting better than my pro v1 for sure.

Did anyone else lose the SkyTraks ability to hit high flopping shots like a bunker shot? Mine used to read them for the most part and now it won’t read any of them no matter where I place the ball.

Comment

Just getting back off vacation so only had a chance to play 19 a few times. It is really nice the graphics are great. What would be nice is a sticky on recommended settings getting started that others have found useful. I am finding I am spending more time in settings than playing and reading through all the old posts just takes too much time.

Comment

• colinjm18
        colinjm18 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apparently there is something you can select in the setting but I’ve not found it yet.
        I just hit the windows key and it brings up the taskbar.

• FaultyClubs
        FaultyClubs commented
        Editing a comment
        If you in windeed mode (one of the settings) then yes. If you are in full screen mode then not directly but alt-tab switches you to any other application or the desktop.

• Nasdaqsam
        Nasdaqsam commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect thanks

On TGC1 the display would be in a normal MicroSoft wiindow, which could be minimized. In TGC2019 there is no boarder, no minimize button, nothing. I've tried Windows Key + M thinking that it might minimize, but no. Is there any way to get that turned on in TGC2019?

Comment

Yes, in settings, there is an option to enter "Windowed" mode.

Comment

Look under graphics settings for windowed mode

Comment

The big bounce.
            I’m not sure what’s causing this but it’s exactly as others described: low shot goes 30 yards like you drilled it into the ground. I wonder if it’s related to the course bc on the course I played today it happened with high frequency whereas others it didn’t happen often. Perhaps since it was a Lidar course the terrain irregularities plays a role. Alternatively, perhaps if the game sees a lower launch angle then it was expecting it tremendously penalizes the shot (I.e. hit a 5 iron when it has 8 iron displayed). IDK just guesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua1745 View Post
              The big bounce.
              I’m not sure what’s causing this but it’s exactly as others described: low shot goes 30 yards like you drilled it into the ground. I wonder if it’s related to the course bc on the course I played today it happened with high frequency whereas others it didn’t happen often. Perhaps since it was a Lidar course the terrain irregularities plays a role. Alternatively, perhaps if the game sees a lower launch angle then it was expecting it tremendously penalizes the shot (I.e. hit a 5 iron when it has 8 iron displayed). IDK just guesses.
              This happens in the video game version as well. It's not a ProTee thing
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Is it possible to better define the conditions that cause this to occur? Is it related to club selection or purely based on launch angle? Perhaps a combination of launch angle and lie?

Comment

I think launch angle. Club selection has nothing to do with it.

Also, they need to fix the scout cam to go to the location that you moved the aiming stick. Played a few holes last night and it just kept going to the flag.

Comment

If you guys are talking about the big bounce, I only get it with a shallow decent angle. Im in the woods quite a bit and get it when i'm punching out. Ive learned to carry the punch a lot further and that big bounce lands softer on the green.

Comment

• calebm1001
                      calebm1001 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the type of shot that caught my eye at first. Low punches under a tree shouldn't bounce higher into the air than actual apex. The physics just aren't correct at the moment. How's the back btw?

• Wizard of Coz
                      Wizard of Coz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's like 98% better the 2% is probably just internal fear that it could come back. Crossing my fingers.
                  Working...
                  X