GC2 & TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 & TGC 2019

There are so many GC2 users who play TGC, Some of whom appear to have been Alpha users of TGC2019, so I have to assume that TGC 2019 will actually work with GC2.

However, on Protee web site it says;

IMPORTANT:
    1] This software is NOT compatible with Foresight GC2.
    2] SkyTrak users need to order from SkyTrak directly.
    3] R-Motion users need to buy the full version through the R-Motion app.

Are there any GC2 users who have TGC2019?

If so,

How do you buy it?

Does it work ok or any issues ( experiences thus far or known of ) ?

Also - anyone who had SkyTrak Licence and then changed it to GC2..... do you get upgrade through SkyTrak, and then transfer over???? ( hoping I don’t have to go back to using on my SkyTrak....)

Thanks

So many, including me have GC2 using it to great fanfare on both TGC1 and TGC2019. Pick Protee on the drop down box if you ever come across one. On comments you can state gc2 but I don't think that's necessary

Comment

Piggybacking on this thread. Current skytrak owner. If I upgrade to TGC2019 via skytrak, will I still be able to transfer the license to a Gc2 in a couple months or next year?
      ProTee United

Comment

I bought TGC along with another launch monitor I got back in 2016, that launch monitor never did live up to it's claims so I never got much use out of TGC, I got my GC2 and pre-ordered TGC 2019 back in February. Just am now getting my sims room back up and going, but love the way TGC 2019 plays on it, just use the Pro Tee interface and GSX. I have had some problems with the interface seeming to stop working but by simply shutting it down and restarting it with everything else still running and then reconnecting GSX it picks up the last shot and continues on with no problems, and as my wife says compared to the problems we had with the last unit this is a piece of cake and only takes a few seconds to do.

Comment

• Solstice72
          Solstice72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you having that bluetooth dropping problem with GC2 or something else?

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          Solstice72 It appeared to be the Bluetooth, but that is clearly not the case, not sure what is going on. So far I have had it happen at lest once in a round and as many as four times, I also had the Xbox controller dropping out but I have gotten that fixed, just haven't been able to pinpoint what is going on with the interface.

Long time happy GC2+HMT+TGC user here, and a very happy GC2+HMT+TGC+TGC2019 user now. No hiccups, no issues. Pick Protee along the way, and make sure your PC gets very good wifi signals.

Comment

• Ports
          Ports commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto, couldn't agree more

BGCurtis2nd Many of us are using this to lock the GC2 bluetooth signal to the PC to prevent drops. Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious and this is not what you're talking about Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190409-203556_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	6234
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	199551

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          I have that and tried it, and got the same results with it as I get with my internal Bluetooth so I went back to my internal, less stuff to sift through easier to find the problem. I do not believe it to be a Bluetooth issue in TGC, but I had to go to the USB cable to get FSX to work, it would connect but after two or three shots it would drop the GC2 and not be able to find it without a restart. I am sure it is something in Windows 10, have been playing with the setting trying to find out what is going on, got my Xbox controller back working but lost all the work I had done on setting up my avatar and golf bag.

Originally posted by Solstice72 View Post
        BGCurtis2nd Many of us are using this to lock the GC2 bluetooth signal to the PC to prevent drops. Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious and this is not what you're talking about Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190409-203556_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	6234
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	199551
        I will try anything.... I can’t even get my refurbed GC2 to work with TGC yet..,,, can see the GC2 as paired, but can’t get connected. Doesn’t see it in FSX either.... so if this boosts the Bluetooth signal, will give it a go.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          I just removed that cord moved my pc to the ceiling next to my projector used a 6ft non active usb 3.0 extension placing the Asusbt400 dongle to 1 foot from my gc2 and crossing my fingers but so far so good!

CBDBOZ what are seeing in gsx? Connected and not connected? This cord likely won’t fix that. Post a pic of your setup like this.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Thanks for posting this thread. I currently have JNPG with GC2 but want to give TGC 2019 a shot (was waiting for JNPG2 but don’t think that’s going to happen anytime soon). If I’m understanding correctly, I just need to buy TGC 2019, select Protee from the drop down menu, and my GC2 will connect? Thanks!

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe that's true

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
          CBDBOZ what are seeing in gsx? Connected and not connected? This cord likely won’t fix that. Post a pic of your setup like this.
          Status input Disconnected

Status output Connected

Can’t quite see your pics but I have windows 10, and don’t get the same view for Bluetooth settings ( which I think is your top left pic)

Comment

ChadGolf might have something for you to try and test.

Comment

• ChadGolf
              ChadGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              I sent a PM.

Originally posted by CBDBOZ View Post

Status input Disconnected

Status output Connected

Can’t quite see your pics but I have windows 10, and don’t get the same view for Bluetooth settings ( which I think is your top left pic)
            In windows 10 go into your Bluetooth settings. There is an option for more settings and it's there.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            London Hunt Club L mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

In windows 10 go into your Bluetooth settings. There is an option for more settings and it's there.
              Thanks - found the settings - COM3 & 4. But still have issues on not being able to get working with FSX; or TGC due to issues noted.

Looks like can only use USB cable for FSX; and TGC is a no go if can’t work via Bluetooth

Comment

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Post the pic or call ProTee support. Good luck.

Resurfacing this post.

Just got my GC2. It works from the stand point that I turn it on and it reads the balls.

I haven’t gotten it to connect to GSX yet.
              - is that through Bluetooth or the usb cord I got with it?
              - what do I do with GSX?

i have TGC license updated and ready to rock
              - going to purchase a usb extension and Bluetooth dongle
              - then what do I do? Does the GC2 unit automatically connect to the dongle? I didn’t see a setting to “turn Bluetooth on”

it took me a minute to figure out Skytrak to TGC but there are at least videos on this

there doesn’t seem to be any short videos helping get Gc2 connected to TGC. If there is one, can someone please link me?

any additional things I need to do to get this working?
              -KillaCale8

Comment

I can make one.
                gc2 bt is on you need to connect in pc or get chad connection its easier. Mthunt has it.

Comment

• calebm1001
                  calebm1001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think im running into trouble with Protee. I got my license key, downloaded a bunch of stuff and am stuck with the Interface.

The TGC Console file lets me access the game and says my key is active. But I can't connect to GSX bc the TGC Interface file says my license is invalid.

Both files (Console and Interface) have different Machine ID keys. Working with Protee on this now but haven't heard back from them since my last post.

I was able to get the Bluetooth and all that working so I should be ok... We will see. Not sure why i have two different Machine ID keys.

• calebm1001
                  calebm1001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got it figured out!! It was the license key... didn't realize I needed two - one for the console and one for the interface.

Get ready!! I'm coming to crack the top 50 on the tour!
              Working...
              X