WizardofCoz Noonan Club Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WizardofCoz Noonan Club Society

Chambers bay gopher hunt this week 18 holes 6,417 yards super soft greens, moderate green speed and firm terrain.
    handicapped shooting this week

bring your A game your going to need it

I would have shot under par if I didn't double bogey the first hole. Great setup.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
      Wizard of Coz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks that's how ive set all of them up except for the masters. I'll keep setting them up that way but i'm out for a bit with some lower back pain. Got the first round in at harbor town tgc1 but I doubt I swing a club for awhile now. This really sucks!! Good shooting

This week it's 2 rounds at Buckthorn precision range. Mostly little wedges and pitch shots. It won't take you long to play and it's really good practice for your short game.

join the society and enter

good luck at beating the wizard!

Comment

What? Nobody can dethrone the wizard!
      c'mon guys is that all you got
      Attached Files

Comment

• Beau Lester
        Beau Lester commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a great idea. Unfortunately I separated a rib trying to get my second round in at Beth Page. I hope for a fast recovery but man it hurts. I guess that means first place will be up for grabs in all the tourneys. LOL.

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Cmon Beau just wrap it and go. My back isn't 100% yet. No drivers here just baby wedges. Take a painkiller with a jack and coke and you will be fine!

Hey Wizard, What are the game settings at for the Buckthorn event? I usually play soft and slow greens.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        I set it for my usual moderate speed very soft greens. My mistake was I needed to do it for both rounds and I didn't so the second round is default. Boy did I find out real quick on my first 2 holes of the second round.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Soft and slow seem to react like my local greens so those are my go to settings.

• Murph
        Murph commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew something was different that second round looking at scores. I kept blowing balls past the hole until I figured out the green speeds were different than the first round. Dropped a 9 on that hole sitting at the top of a hill with water on the back.

Just played round 1 that included an Ace!!! But was followed up by more than a few bogies.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        What hole did you ace? That's awesome!

Thanks, It was pretty early.....like hole 4,5,or 6. I think I was in the running for about 2 holes. Can we choose ghosts like TGC1? Not sure how to lookup the scorecard. John had different things to say....so that was cool.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Should be able to add ghosts

• frodaddy00
        frodaddy00 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I added Wizard Bob and someone else shooting near par while I shot +25 hitting 45 yd pitches for 18 holes... those greens are the stuff of nightmares. You better hit within 6 ft or you are boned.

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        @frodaddy00
        Yeah but the first round was much better conditions don't you think?

Wizard of Coz - Buckthorn was AWESOME! I love that. Since I can only use my Hybrid, it was a breath of fresh air to play a par "3" course. Found my name on the leaderboard after 2 rounds!
      -KillaCale8

Comment

That little course kicked was quite humbling.......

Comment

Congratulations Murph on that 1 shot victory. Somebody had to keep me from winning my own tournament! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190520_201416.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	206724
          Attached Files

Comment

This week is at Valhalla and is a net tournament. Just put up a 67 for a net 72. Current standings below Click image for larger version

Name:	20190520_210938.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	206726 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190520_210938.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	206727

Comment

Who is Murph? Does anybody know who Murph is?

Comment

Finally back in the swing of things had to take a long break (somehow a few weeks ago I caught a bad case of the shanks, so bad that I pondered just quitting the game entirely). I figured best course of action was to walk away for a few weeks. I decided yesterday to log on to tgc 2019 and jumped right into wizards society to play this weeks event and just like that the shanks were gone. What ever I was doing before I am not doing now. Anyway shot an ok round over in Noonan's Society, I really did not care what I scored I was just happy that I was flushing my irons again. Good to be back in the swing of things.

Good to see you back as well wizard. Last time I was playing you were sidelined with a back issue, seems you have resolved that.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So far so good. I never had back pain before and never want it again! I played my society event last night and 36 holes at tgc event. 54 holes and pain free. Yippee-ki-yayyy

I don't like to use the s word but I would take those over back pain. Hopefully you don't get those back.

The second season is just beginning. The first tournament is scheduled at Sunday River as requested by wiscogolfnut.

Conditions moderate speed, very soft greens with firm terrain. 6500 yards

Bring your A game

Comment

Current leaderboard lead by chief and fantastish st 5 under par
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X