TGC 2019 Control Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Control Buttons

I got tired of going to the keyboard and wanted something easier to use and programmable to use for other software. Next step is to put a shift button to let it do another set of commands.The control board is completely programmable and can load other profiles to it. It also supports macros, but there is no delay function to slow the key presses like to automate a rewind shot ESC, Down, Down, Enter. It was very easy to wire. It works extremely well.

Info on board iPac2 Keyboard Emulator

Arcade Buttons
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Control Board
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ok so im not the only one having problems getting my button system to do “ESC, Down, Down, Enter”. So its because its too fast? No way at all to make this happrn that you’ve figured out? Thx. Looks great! Steve

Comment

I can do it with an autoit script that the key triggers. It has ability to tell it to pause between keystrokes. I can post the code once I get my laptop on. So I have the button send the [ keystroke and the script picks that up and does the auto rewind.

Comment

oh good idea. Yup would appreciate the code so i can execute it. thx -Steve

Comment

That’s pretty cool!

Comment

Here is the Autoit script for the rewind. The ] key will trigger the macro.

; Set the HotKeys
            HotKeySet("]", "_rewind")
            HotKeySet("[", "On_Exit")

; Now keep the script active
            While 1
            Sleep(10)
            WEnd

Func _rewind()

; Unset the HotKey
            HotKeySet("]")
            ; Send the keys
            Send("{ESC}")
            Sleep(200)
            Send("{DOWN}")
            Sleep(100)
            Send("{DOWN}")
            Sleep(100)
            Send("{ENTER}")
            ; Reset the HotKey

EndFunc

Func On_Exit()
            Exit
            EndFunc

Comment

• Supraracer
              Supraracer commented
              Editing a comment
              I was going to tweak this further to launch TGC and the script at the same time. I am leaving for Vacation. Maybe when I get back. I will share the script.I also wanted to use the controls for my camera setup and was going to write a script that knew which program was running and make the buttons program based.

• zooliu
              zooliu commented
              Editing a comment
              Neat idea on using the buttons for the cameras! What were you thinking about doing with them? I use a Kinovea setup w/2 cams that autorecords shots and plays them back in slow-motion using inorku's autoit script. BTW the button program i use, joytokey has functionality that allows you to associate button profiles with applications so you may not need to code anything for that part. -Z

• Supraracer
              Supraracer commented
              Editing a comment
              I am using kinovea too but haven't dug into it too much. I haven't used joytokey. I can check it out. I was going to use the buttons for rewind, play, record, and frame advance.

This is incredible. This is like the 3rd or 4th user developed "keyboard" in this forum. So many smart and capable people here. I can't do shit like this... But, if you ever need help marketing and trying to sell your ideas, hit me up!!
            -KillaCale8

Comment

Originally posted by zooliu View Post
              Ok so im not the only one having problems getting my button system to do “ESC, Down, Down, Enter”. So its because its too fast? No way at all to make this happrn that you’ve figured out? Thx. Looks great! Steve
              i'm trying to do the same thing with joytokey and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I have been able to get it to go down once but the 2nd down arrow goes all the way to the bottom.
              any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• zooliu
                zooliu commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey so I think what you have to do is play with the sleep values in the autoit script above. I had to really bump the sleep Values in my set up for it to work.

Yeah Script should be this.

Here is the Autoit script for the rewind. The ] key will trigger the macro.

; Set the HotKeys
              HotKeySet("[", "On_Exit")

; Now keep the script active
              While 1
              Sleep(10)
              WEnd

Func _rewind()

; Unset the HotKey
              HotKeySet("]")
              ; Send the keys
              Send("{ESC}")
              Sleep(2000)
              Send("{DOWN}")
              Sleep(1000)
              Send("{DOWN}")
              Sleep(1000)
              Send("{ENTER}")
              ; Reset the HotKey

EndFunc

Func On_Exit()
              Exit
              EndFunc

Not familiar with JoyToKey is it allows delays between keystrokes. You need a 1 - 2 second delay between strokes.

Comment

hope I'm not hijacking this thread about buttons as most of the comments are about Autoit. I have a solution for the Joytokey shareware. Thanks to Mark Nagel (who also provided the joystick/button box).

Comment

• FaultyClubs
                  FaultyClubs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya that msec time is very dependent on the system. I used 80ms for tgc1 and gave up on tgc2019.

Instead I have one button for the ESC key and then use my joystick for the up/down since it already does up/down/left/right. That way I can do any of the menu items easily.

The problem is joy2key doesn't have a delay between keystrokes. If enough people ask the developer he might add it.

• retired_18
                  retired_18 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the delay between keystrokes is the msec setting.

• FaultyClubs
                  FaultyClubs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That delays during the keystroke, not between keystrokes.

Voice attack works well for keyboard movements.

Comment

Not to be off topic but these boards will work and cheaper - it is what I'm using if you need help with the code let me know

Here at SparkFun, we refuse to leave 'good enough' alone. That's why we're adding to our line-up of Arduino-compatible microcontrollers once more! The Pro

Comment

The "zero delay" arcade packages are dirt cheap ($10-$20) and dead simple since they don't require any programming. Anyone can do it. These things work great on the floor. Lots of older threads on the subject.

Comment

• Mxwoodman
                      Mxwoodman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh I looked at the one linked in the topic and it was $39.99

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
                    That delays during the keystroke, not between keystrokes.
                    it works tho

Comment

Working...
                    X