TGC 2019 Q School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Q School

I am getting excited that the tour will be starting on TGC 2019 soon. I like that the course specifics can change from round to round. That said, I really had a hard time with the fast greens. I know others (Bob Chung) did great so maybe it is just me but I was wondering if anyone else think that "Fast" greens are too fast?

Yeah tough. I know slow greens. So if it's moderate I take 10%off distance and fast 20%. Try that and they won't seem fast every thing stays relative.
    40ft putt slow
    = 36ft putt on moderate
    =32 ft putt on fast
    then adjust a little more if severely downhill
    respect that for sure.

Comment

The green speeds used for the Q-School are perfect. Slow is way too slow, its not fun having to take a slap shot from 15 feet.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you mess with settings on gc2 interfaces? When I play slow its not that slow and wayyyyyy easier than moderate for making putts. Less break.

• JackedUpSwing
        JackedUpSwing commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah all my settings are stock.

• Solstice72
        Solstice72 commented
        Editing a comment
        What happens if you play with the settings for rough on the gc-2 in GSX for instance?

Cypress round 2 had some challenging pin placements. Strong breaks but nothing I would say was unfair.
      My courses:
      Aldeen
      Butler National
      Cantigny
      Canyata
      Cog Hill #4
      Harbor Shores
      Harborside
      Naperville Country Club
      Prairie Landing
      Rich Harvest Farms
      Ruffled Feathers
      Shoreacres

Comment

Were the greens faster in R2 than R1? They sure seemed like it. And by challenging pin placements, if you mean that if you putt a few feet past the hole and it rolls 15 yards away (I forgot which hole it was) I think that goes from challenging to unfair.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes 10% faster is how I played then 2nd round.

Tough to really say why I felt the pin placements for R2 were tougher than R1. I'm not nearly that good of a golfer to say I'm aiming for the left front of the green. I'm more of a just get the ball anywhere near the green player. I just felt that R2 had a lot of pin placements right at the edge of a front or side drop off. I had a few bogies since I was going for the birdie but went past the hole and realized too late the ball wasn't going slow down anytime soon. That said it could have been me being "luckier" in the first round and playing on the friendly part of the green. There have been multiple tournaments in TCG where I thought the greens were easy in round 1 and realized I just got lucky and the greens were much more difficult in round 2.

I thought the green speed played the same between the 2 rounds.
        My courses:
        Aldeen
        Butler National
        Cantigny
        Canyata
        Cog Hill #4
        Harbor Shores
        Harborside
        Naperville Country Club
        Prairie Landing
        Rich Harvest Farms
        Ruffled Feathers
        Shoreacres

Comment

I prefer moderate green speeds. Slow is just that slow, irl I play greens that are very fast and firm especially this time of year so slow is no good for me personally on the sim

Comment

Had a rough 2nd round. Hit the ball well but had a couple holes bite me. Greens were tough on some holes but everyone’s got to play them.

Comment

How do you enter the tournament on TGC2019? I thought your could only play on the original TGC?

Comment

Originally posted by String_NZ View Post
                How do you enter the tournament on TGC2019? I thought your could only play on the original TGC?
                You have to join the ProTee Society in the society section. There is the regular ProTee Society which will have the tournaments and the ProTee Q School society which has events so that you can establish a handicap if you want prior to doing any of the official tournaments. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                X