TGC2019 Profile keeps resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC2019 Profile keeps resetting

My profile and settings in TGC2019 seem to randomly reset. This has happened 5+ different time now. I first noticed this when I opened up the game and attempted to continue a round that was already in progress and it didn't start me where I left off.

By "profile" I mean the following settings.
    • Nickname (config file and in TGC)
    • Graphics settings
    • Golfer customization
    Also, when this happens the setting to run on a game controller is set which means I can't use the keyboard.

My HDC is still set which is odd.

Anyone thoughts on what's going on here?

I've had this same or similar issue after windows 10 pro updates.

Comment

Mine resets on Windows 8 as well.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

When this happens do we have a way to restore the settings? Backup file or config file?

Comment

Have you switched between TGc and TGC 2019 or used the video game version then The sim version?
          mine used to do it all the time also and it hasn't in a while but I haven't had much time to build in the videogame version so that could be the cause on my end at least.

Comment

I haven't played anything other than TGC 2019 since I downloaded it. I restarted the game and it reset. Its driving me nuts. I like to change the HUD and defaults. So its kind of a pain

Comment

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear ya, I make alot of changes also and hate when it happens. Hopefully it gets worked out soon.

• Wizard of Coz
              Wizard of Coz commented
              Editing a comment
              I saved my settings to a folder on desk top. Just in case that happens. I have my tournament clothes picked out for every tournament day. It would be too much work to keep dressing wizard up from scratch. With that said I haven't had reset in a long time.

I added a folder that I named "playerinfo" then after I had everything setup the way I wanted for my avatar I put a copy in it, that way when windows resets it I just copy my version back into the TGC 2019 file, also I save any up dates when I play to keep as current player info as possible.

Comment

Oh this is great - goofy we need to do this but good to know there’s a workaround until they fix this problem. Whats the file name and location of the settings file that you make a copy of?

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                BGCurtis2nd commented
                Editing a comment
                C:\Users\(NAME)\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Club 2019 ProTee\Common

By swapping out these files we can change profiles/settings. When I play with my buddies we set it up differently than when I play tournaments or me practicing solo.

This makes it easy to change configurations quickly.

Comment

Working...
              X