Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TGC 2019 in 4k maxed out, will a GTX 1080 or RTX 2070 card be sufficient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 in 4k maxed out, will a GTX 1080 or RTX 2070 card be sufficient?

Hi everyone I tried to search for a definitive answer to no avail. Can anyone please tell me if a GTX 1080 card with 8GB of ram or RTX 2070 with 8GB ram will support 4k at max details?

Thanks in advance

I have a 2070 super and a 3440x1440 monitor. On my computer when I max all the sliders the frame rates still drop to 20's. That said I can't tell any difference in the graphics. Render scale I set to 110% and everything else maxed for fps in 65-70.
    My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

Comment

A 1080ti cannot get 60 frames per second on 200% Render. I'm hoping a 2080ti will

Comment

How do you check your fps?

Comment

Download Fraps
          Originally posted by 968Cab View Post
          How do you check your fps?

Comment

It's been awhile since i got that setup but I recall using MSI afterburner and Rivatuner. I think Rivatuner is the actual program of the two but can't say for certain. A google search with Rivatuner and FPS has some instructions listed.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

I thought I had my nvidia geoforce card showing fps in one of the corners while playing. I turned it off eventually?

Comment

Because you are talking graphics I want to ask you team this. I have 2015 macbook pro running windows. It has Intel Iris Graphics 6100, you think that will work ? It’s also i5 processor with 8gb ram.

Comment

• trhuke
                  trhuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd check around and see if a MacBook running windows will work. I was considering it but did some research that made me doubtful, I can't remember the exact details, its been a while.
                  Can't hurt to double check.

Originally posted by robocop View Post
                Because you are talking graphics I want to ask you team this. I have 2015 macbook pro running windows. It has Intel Iris Graphics 6100, you think that will work ? It’s also i5 processor with 8gb ram.
                The Intel Iris 1600 pales in comparison to the minimum recommended card for TGC 2019, the GTX 1060: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...e/3639vsm25925
                - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

I have a 2080ti and 9900k setup. Read my signature for my hardware list.

graphics: 3840x2160 60hz, FXAA, vsync off
                  advanced: Render 100%,100, 2, 2,100,100, 2, 1
                  Only about 48FPS at Tarwa, 1st hole tee box. It can go above 60FPS around the course at times, but this is an honest FPS number sitting at hole 1's view. Usually it's in the 50's and looks great.

Changing only the resolution, render scale, and fog quality had the following results. All other advanced settings were maxed as stated above.

@2160P
                  Render Scale = 200% , Fog Quality = 100% , FPS=16
                  Render Scale = 200% , Fog Quality = 50% , FPS=23
                  Render Scale = 100% , Fog Quality = 100% , FPS=48
                  Render Scale = 100% , Fog Quality = 50% , FPS=57
                  Render Scale = 50% , Fog Quality = 100% , FPS=97

@1080P
                  Render Scale = 200% , Fog Quality = 100% , FPS= 47

Render scale seems to be very clear on its impact.
                  The FPS numbers vary and can have a +- of 3.
                  I show server.exe using and QED IGNITE using about 5% of the total GPU.

Tarwa was chosen as a test course because it was easy to find and usually on the first page. Most other courses are very similar with my default setting.
                  Last edited by Will; 11-08-2019, 01:45 PM.
                  Uneekor QED / The Golf Club 2019
                  Epson L1300UNL (8000 Lumen Laser 2160P) ELPLU03 Lens (0.69 Throw Ratio)
                  Dell P4317Q (2160P) x2
                  PC (Watercooled 2080 TI / 11700k / 16GB)
                  Par2Pro Stealth Screens

Comment

• SkeetShooter
                    SkeetShooter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Will, that is a legit setup! I did some reading and it appears that TGC2019 is just not an optimized game for higher FPS. I think the lesson for just about anyone is that yes... You can run TGC2019 in 4K. For my money, I think I'd run at your Render scale of 100% and fog quality of 50%... 60FPS is the sweet spot, and most people who have projectors are going to have refresh rates that are at or around this.

I'd be willing to bet I could run TGC2019 on my RTX 2070/AMD 2700X system at 4K probably around that. Who knows. I might try that this weekend for giggles.
                Working...
                X