Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @ArborMan (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii!

Join this weeks TGC 1 2020 SPRING TOUR - The American Express with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Saturday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

Backspin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backspin?

What is the secret to backspin? I see you guys backing it up. I have a very hard mat that I hit off of and often suffer from bounce. But regardless would love to know if I am missing a setting or something. If its a mat, please reply with suggestions. Thank You!

1) Turn off the high backspin correction in TGC settings
    2) Use a ball capable of producing high spin (I often play with Taylormade Project a balls but when playing competitive rounds switch to Bridgestone XS, my on course ball)
    3) With my Fiberbuilt insert I routinely get spin numbers that match the shot optimizer (roughly 1k spin per iron number: 9 iron = 9,000, wedges 10,000+). I haven't tried any other type of mat to see if the numbers drop.

Comment

I don't hit that high of spin. I plan on 8-9 low trajectory wedges 1 hop and stop. Any urethane ball will do. Im hitting off fiberbuilt.

Comment

Ok, thank you! I figured the mat but not the ball. Also, the high backspin setting is interesting too. I'll make some changes and report back.

Comment

How much spin do you generate on a typical 100 shot? To back it up your looking at 10k upwards

Comment

I'm going to piggy back off of this thread.

Has anyone figured out how to make the bounce / spin / roll out with mid irons seem realistic in comparison to bent grass or even Bermuda greens? I find myself having to take off 10-20 yards with my 4-8 irons. For reference I hit a 8 irons about 170 irl.

Comment

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              You can add 5% spin in GSX and make the greens and terrain softer. In Settings you can make softer greens. Set to 0 and in game set to very soft.

I haven't messed with spin it all what's commonly done by most of you guys either casual play or in the tournament?

Comment

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              Most set everything at 0 and play golf

Thanks for the responses. I changed to a rawhide mat and it made a huge difference! The club isn't bouncing anymore. I do not get 10k spin like some of you guys so I can't replicate what I see but it is so much better!

Comment

Working...
            X