Are we getting Close to Scramble Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we getting Close to Scramble Mode

Hey there , was wondering if we are getting close to scramble mode yet , And if not , what is the next best software that I could buy that would let me do 2 man best ball and 4 man best ball?

thanks

I think E6 has it. Wish tgc would hurry up and put it in along with some much needed bug fixes. Not sure how long it's been since the last update but I believe the post by protee asking about scramble was about a year ago.
    ​​​​

Comment

Not likely going to happen it would seem.

Comment

man thats a big one missing , I really like the software but its missing some game modes , Long drive , closest to the hole and also the ability to save more then one profile.

Comment

Guys,
          PT are listening and there are things all listed to be looked at next opportunity round.
          These have to be worked out with HB studios so not just a case of PT adding etc.

These things can take some time but nothing is being neglected trust me

Comment

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Is the big first bounce an HB Studios thing, or ProTee thing? How about the uphill lie issue with a 3-wood (not being able to clear the small hill you’re hitting up, like the lie angle isn’t being used for the shot)? Those two issues account for 90% of the grief I hear about TGC19.

Also, if you guys could put out a definitive guide to all the options in the TGC settings file, that’d be awesome.

• Chanman
            Chanman commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome , thanks for the reply Pro Tee... , when do you think the "next opportunity round" will be ? like in 2020 or later ? Should I be purchasing second software in meantime for scramble mode ?? hate to spend 2600 bucks on e6 to find out you TGC will have it out like next month? Thanks again

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            Big bounce happens in video game so not ProTee.

Originally posted by PROTEE UK View Post
          Guys,
          PT are listening and there are things all listed to be looked at next opportunity round.
          These have to be worked out with HB studios so not just a case of PT adding etc.

These things can take some time but nothing is being neglected trust me
          What about the friends list that doesn’t work? Or the glitch that deletes your profile?

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I'm glad for the response above. But still those glitches like the profile thing, and other low hanging fruit. I have to open and close 3-4 times the game before it will open the software successfully.

...How about the uphill lie issue with a 3-wood (not being able to clear the small hill you’re hitting up, like the lie angle isn’t being used for the shot)?
          ​​​​​​
          Not a bug, IMO. We always hit off flat lies in our Sim.

Comment

• calebm1001
            calebm1001 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s a bug from the Sim POV. This doesn’t happen in the video game because the video game is accounting for the slope and the Sim version is not.

This should be addressed if possible.

• FaultyClubs
            FaultyClubs commented
            Editing a comment
            Disagree, appears to be a conscious decision. Hopefully it's left alone. We can't see or feel the slope as in real life so we don't know where our shot will go if they started affecting it with a lie. Don't forget the lie angle isn't going to be just straight up, it may be a hook or fade lie. A real nightmare of unexpected effects given we often can't tell what the lie actually is in the game. Better to have no lie effects so it always matches our real life hitting conditions.

As V8 says, we can't tell what the slope is on a Sim which only make having a lie effect more annoying.

Neither approach is perfect from accurate simulation pov, for that you'd need your stance mat to tilt to match the lie angle in the sim.

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            of course its a bug. if you hit a shot with a VLA of 8 degrees it should not be hitting the earth like you're trying to hit it up the side of a mountain when you have like 6 inches of up slope. .

PROTEE UK I second what GungHoGolf said above in his comment. I realize the complications between protee and HB, but those are the biggest issues.

Comment

PROTEE UK thanks for the update. That is refreshing to see that u r aware of issues and moving forward to alleviate same. HB has had total radio silence for awhile now about future upgrades etc. this just reaffirms my choice of TGC for simulator software. Keep plugging along. Thanks

Comment

Had people over for new years. Having 6 golfers makes it kind of awkward so we had to just do long drive and closest to the pin contests.Has protee explored the idea of increasing the limit to ~8 players?

Comment

• Supraracer
                Supraracer commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the Uneekor courses can do 6 players.

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                8 people in a sim round would be horrible. Try alternate shot with auto putt. I'll speed things up.

• JohnnyBill
                JohnnyBill commented
                Editing a comment
                Ability to play up to 8 players is great. I have been playing Saturday nights in the winter months for years with e6 scramble mode. Four 2 man teams. Takes about 4.5 hours. Great time.

the alternate shot is probably the best way to go with more than 4

Comment

5 or more.... Alternate shot only way to go

Comment

• calebm1001
                  calebm1001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mtc6409 you don’t do it through the game. Just with your group. Player A and Player B are on the same team and play alternate shot between placer C, D, and E.

• JackedUpSwing
                  JackedUpSwing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda sucks for players C,D,E. They get less golf

• calebm1001
                  calebm1001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JackedUpSwing in my example C D and E play single against A and B. So a and b get less golf.

It is what it is though. Someone is getting less golf but that’s what happens if you play more than a foursome like some heathens.

If there are 6 playing we have 3 2 man teams. Just play with 3 players.
                With 5 we usually have 2 players and the 3 players alternate on one player and 2 alternate on the other

Comment

There are a few different software options for scramble mode that I know about.

E6 Connect / E6 1.6 is probably the best option. Allows up to 8 players, They have a lot of other game modes as well. If price isn't an issue It would be my first choice. $2500 plus $300 or $600 a year subscription.

The Trackman simulation software allows up to 8 players and also offers scramble mode. Software is pretty much locked into Trackman though. So also very expensive.

Foresight FSX 2018 also offers scramble mode & up to 8 players. However as of this moment the scramble mode has some really big glitches which make it pretty terrible. Also expensive. But personally I give this software a thumbs down. Too unreliable for the price they charge. Graphics look like from 10 years ago too.

Comment

Any update on this? I’m considering E6 but huge part of that is scramble mode.

I appreciate there is a weird dynamic now with HB and COVID has an influence the last couple months but I have read through various threads scramble mode, bug fixes and improving club data calculations are on the go however it’s feeling like they’ve stopped updates in general.

I know I’ll get argued with but this is why I’m not against annual fees like so many. Without ongoing revenue it gets harder to justify improving software. I’m not sure how much of Protee’s revenue is software vs hardware but it feels like there may be another version every couple years (assuming the HB angle doesn’t tank their engine) and limited updates in the interim.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      E6 has scramble for local play but there was some kind of bug in it with drops from what i read and it does not work online yet either.

• Gresh12
                      Gresh12 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I only have the included package from Mevo+ for E6 and it only seems to have stroke play which is a big reason I’m considering upgrading to the paid subscription.

I doubt I’ll keep paying for multiple softwares over time (I envision a new TGC will come out at some point and I think they’ve rightly clarified their position on lifetime licenses to the point most/all should be expecting to pay something when that happens).

I wasn’t aware the E6 version was buggy as I can’t use any mode except stroke right now so I guess I’ll be waiting for them to fix it also (although they seem to be actively making updates where I don’t think there has been an update from TGC since basically release).

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ProTee put out a feeler a while ago about Scramble Mode and there was some interest but they haven’t commented. If Scramble is important E6 will give you that. It’s up to you to figure out your balance of Scramble vs no scramble and what TGC provides. If Scramble was coming soon I’d think ProTee would have told us.
                  Working...
                  X