Graphics on 2019 not looking correct, original TGC looks better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics on 2019 not looking correct, original TGC looks better

I have a high spec PC (Intel Core i7-9700KF Processor 3.6GHz; NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4 RAM) and for some reason regardless of if I choose Ultra graphics or Custom with all settings turned up the the game doesn't look that great. The original TGC looks so much better for whatever reason. Has anyone ran into this issue or know anything I should try to troubleshoot? Thanks.

You need to trouble shoot, something is wrong in the settings somewhere TGC 2019 blows TGC out of the water on graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by BGCurtis2nd View Post
      You need to trouble shoot, something is wrong in the settings somewhere TGC 2019 blows TGC out of the water on graphics.
      I have tried changing all the settings in the graphics menu of TGC 2019, I also tried to changes in my PC's nvidia control panel, the game continues to look bland, I'm not sure what to try and adjust at this point.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
        BGCurtis2nd commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what to tell you, I just know that on my system the graphics on TGC 2019 are much better than what I have on TGC. Would seem to me the settings in the game or display are off or some thing on that line.

perhaps post a few screenshots
      2019 looks amazing compared to TGC

Comment

Are you looking at new courses or are you trying to look at early non lidar Era courses equivalent to TGC. Ie Whistling Straights. Some courses didn't look next generation early on.

Comment

I have the same issues as I’ve do not see the great graphics in TGC 2019 as I was hoping for. I’ve messed around with TGC and projector setting but I’ve found nothing that makes a big difference. Let me know if you find any answers.

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Try TPC Deere Run, it's bright and you'll get a good sense of things

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            See my comment below for Cabot specifically and ReShade in general.

The graphics can look bland on a lot of bland courses. Most of the lidar recreates are pretty bland in my opinion. The top end fantasy courses show up the graphics better.

Comment

Are you sure your projector display HDMI jack is using your graphics card, and not your integrated graphics?
            - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

I remember thinking the same thing that the TGC one popped a little bit better than 2019. But I think you guys have already zeroed in on the best of the best courses on TGC and those look terrific and are the best offerings. You'll want to find the similar level best offerings on 2019. As far as Cabot Cliffs awesome course, it's kind of dull colors I have to amplify the saturation and brightness and mess with ReShade. These seems more necessary in 2019 to make adjustments.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                In TGC1 the sun you could set high in the sky and forget about it but you need to manually change sun setting in 2019 and if the course the designer set the sun low there's nothing you can do about it. It'll be darker than you'd want often

Solstice72 What settings do you recommend for the saturation adjustment? On my PC it looks fiine, but I think the projector green washes evrerything a little.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's course (designed theme /colors used) and lighting specific what changes. But unless you have same projector & screen as me my recommendations won't mean a ton.

I would say a general trend if the colors of the grass are dark and doesn't jump enough for me or the lighting it's not optimal. I tweak settings. For TPC Deere Run noon my projector is at like 56 brightness, saturation like 60, ReShade checked only using "levels". However with Cabot Cliffs, maybe 60 brightness, Saturation is around 72-77, believe it or not I've actually settled on afternoon for time and overcast. Overcast actually has intermittent sun and has a I've decided is preferable sometimes to work the other settings deeper. and it's great for this Newfoundland course with the other settings tweaks. Finally reshade should have "levels" checked and colorfulness "optionally" checked. It looks pretty great on my projector.

You can make no judgment on a PC monitor as to how it's going to look on the simulator screen.
                Going in the projector settings and see if you can tweak individual green levels may be helpful. Also everyone should run Reshade I think, it's extra graphical help sometimes to fix a look you can't seem to get right. If for nothing else HDR and levels and Lightroom all can immediately brighten your default course look and I won't play without it

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, brightness 66 on Cabot

Over the past several months I have made adjustments within my PC and in the game and now don't have any issues with graphics or FPS on TGC 2019, however I do now notice that sometimes towards the end of the ball flight there is some screen tearing at the bottom of the screen. I have tinkered with several settings and not sure how to fix this, has anyone ran into this and been able to resolve? I'm not sure why this happens as no other game including Modern Warfare has ever had this issue, its only with TGC 2019.

Also I have a 144 hz monitor with G-sync enabled.
              Last edited by HTTR; 04-30-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think I've seen the screen Tear
            Working...
            X