Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 - "Go online" problem

Hi All

I've recently upgraded my Skytrak sim setup to include TGC 2019 but I'm experiencing a very frustrating issue - I can't "Go online" so I'm currently restricted to the offline option only.

I have a high speed wifi internet connection and the skytrak is happily connected to the PC in network mode with no drop out issues - I can play the offline courses with no disconnections or misreads - so I'm confident that my actual internet connection isn't an issue.

TGC loads in offline mode and when I click the "Go online" button on the main menu screen I receive the following message "You have lost your connection. Please reconnect from the Main Menu.” In reality I haven't lost any connection as the Skytrak continues to work.

Has anybody experienced this before or have any idea what to look for? I'm not the most IT savvy but can follow instructions

Thanks

The only time I get that error message is when my laptop disconnects from the wifi or lacks internet access d/t weak signal. Make sure your computer is connected to the correct wifi network and you are able to browse websites etc. Are you positive the Skytrak is in network mode and not direct mode or USB connection?

Comment

• Rich S
      Rich S commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yes 100% in network mode.

Computer also fully able to browse websites.

I agree with above, this sounds very much like you're connecting to the Skytrak wifi, rather than connecting them both to your network.

Specifically, can you browse the internet while TGC is running and you're connected to Skytrak?

Comment

100% my Skytrak is connected via network mode.

I am fully able to browse the internet while TGC is running and I'm connected to Skytrak (and there is no ethernet connection to the PC - it is a single wifi connection).

Comment

When i had my skytrak i had the computer hardwired to the router and then labeled the 2.4 wifi band a unique(simple) name and connected skytrak to only that unique name. Pretty much never had any dropped connection.

Comment

OK, so I'm thinking it's maybe firewall related? What are you using, and can you turn it all off and try it out?

Comment

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions. The helpful guys at Protee took a look for me. Turns out my ISP is blocking the IP addresses that TGC uses for some reason.

Comment

There are free VPN which you can use like ProtonVPN which can sometimes help in that situation. ISP sometimes see the traffic as similar to torrent traffic and throttle it. I’ve never heard of one blocking it entirely before, but obvs they could. Did Protee check for a software firewall blocking it from your PC?

Comment

Yes they did. I also checked whether a firewall on my router was the issue. Unfortunately it is my ISP. I live in the Middle East so this type of thing isn't uncommon.

Running it through a VPN now and everything working fine

Thanks again all.

Comment

Working...
                X