TGC 2019 in 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 in 3d

How nice would it be to have some depth perception; especially around the green? The technology exists, so why hasn't anyone figured this out yet? I will happily donate.

Are you willing to donate millions? I mean, the sim market is small. Very little profit.

Comment

One thing I have always wondered why they do not try to improve is the perspective on putts and short shots.

Every sim has different sized screen, distance from ball to screen, and different height users. It would be awesome if your view when putting more accurately reflected what the golfer would see IRL.

For instance on a 10 ft putt. If you have 8 ft between ball and screen, I would love the sim to just show the last two feet to the hole for as realistic a view as possible. Now you might need to zoom back to see the break, I am ok with that.

Sliders in the game interface could let you dial this in.

Edited to add: Full Swing w/ E6.1 I think does the best job at this. Other sims are just lost. Showing the ball and hole on screen for short shots and putts.
      Last edited by WadeH; 01-20-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Should not cost millions for basic stereoscopic support(I was a 3D game engine designer/programmer). For it to be really effective I think it would need some head/gaze tracking system also. It would be fun to code. To bad there aren't and open source golf sim packages.

Comment

Originally posted by WadeH View Post
          One thing I have always wondered why they do not try to improve is the perspective on putts and short shots.

Every sim has different sized screen, distance from ball to screen, and different height users. It would be awesome if your view when putting more accurately reflected what the golfer would see IRL.

For instance on a 10 ft putt. If you have 8 ft between ball and screen, I would love the sim to just show the last two feet to the hole for as realistic a view as possible. Now you might need to zoom back to see the break, I am ok with that.

Sliders in the game interface could let you dial this in.

Edited to add: Full Swing w/ E6.1 I think does the best job at this. Other sims are just lost. Showing the ball and hole on screen for short shots and putts.
          Great point. I agree with this fully. Not sure why there isn't a view option for this where you can adjust for your sim length to the screen for putts, would love that

Comment

Protee can't even get HB studios to put in scramble mode, or lateral hazards lol, or know the basic rules of golf. It would take a lot of money to get them to implement something like this.

Comment

I suggested a 360 degree "fly around" from a set height and distance that would orbit around the green months ago to one of the ProTee guys and he said it sounded like a great idea. Be able to essentially walk around the green and see it from differing angles. Haven't heard a word since.
              Another thought I had was a key that would make the grid lines on the green several times larger while you held it down, that seems like it would make envisioning the putt and slopes easier too. Oh well.

They haven't even fixed the simple non-functioning hot keys in 2019 that worked in TGC, I'm not hoping for any major improvements. Kind of disappointing the lack of progress.

Comment

• calebm1001
                calebm1001 commented
                Editing a comment
                The hot keys LOL some real simple stuff that just fell by the way side. Things that were pointed out in beta over 12 months still haven’t been addressed. Let’s hope for some great updates soon.

HB studios did make The golf club VR. No sequel so guessing sales were too low.
              My courses:
              Aldeen
              Butler National
              Cantigny
              Canyata
              Cog Hill #4
              Harbor Shores
              Harborside
              Naperville Country Club
              Prairie Landing
              Rich Harvest Farms
              Ruffled Feathers
              Shoreacres

Comment

• DejaVu
                DejaVu commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow. You just hit the nail on the head and if they could do that then there's no reason that they couldn't apply it here. I have seen it on VR, but why would a real golfer want to play "air golf?" So, I never purchased it on Steam/VR, and probably why you didn't either I'm guessing..

Let's say they swallowed their pill for the wrong market (awesome intentions though) and then they reapplied in into the right community (here) and charged $100 for the upgrade. I would guess 75% of the 20,000ish TGC+ owners would go for the upgrade. So @ 15,000 x $100 = $1.5 mil. So, I will donate my $1 or more shwag33 haha blah and they will be closer to millions than not for the development. As Jerome said, it doesn't take millions to get it going, but just a dedicated team if they want to continue/increase their revenue. Maybe they or an open source development team could chime in here and take a poll if that's allowed/possible...?!?

Hey @HB Studios, ProTee United, PROTEE UK, ProTee Max @Optoma @BenQ #Letsgoits2020

Do I get to wear the stupid glasses while playing?

Comment

And most people with simulators are using projectors which many support 3D. The stupid glasses would probably be worth the depth perception.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X