Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

PC players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC players

I'm putting together a golf simulator with SkyTrak and thinking about TGC 2019. But TGC 2019 is available for PC players, too, who are playing with joystick, keyboard, etc. So I'm wondering - are simulator players and PC players in the same universe and participating in the same tournaments, etc.? Or are they totally separate? I hope totally separate; I want to be playing against sim players only.

They are separate. You will only compete against other sim players.

Comment

You’ll also see people refer to “sim playable courses”...

ALL the courses are available, but some are obviously made for the PC/console players. Verrrry narrow fairways, crazy sized landing areas, terrible lighting conditions (sun low on horizon), etc.

You kind of develop a feel for this after sampling enough courses. And obviously, the ones advertised here are usually built for fellow sim players

Comment

• FierceVibe
        FierceVibe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, 968Cab. So you're saying that, technically, PC players could play any course intended for sim players, correct?

• 968Cab
        968Cab commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, I’m almost sure it comes down to what platform it’s published on. PC/Console published courses are available for sim players. However, built/published using sim software will only be available to sim players.

Just had this issue last week, as I was trying to play test a course for somebody and couldn’t find it on PS4...he built it on sim platform.

• FierceVibe
        FierceVibe commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. I wish there were some filter I could turn on to screen out the PC/Console courses.

I actually have TGC 2019 and PGA Tour 2K21 for PS4. I'm just now in the process of starting to put together my simulator; so maybe what's what will be more clear for me once I get everything running.

Grateful for your help.

No worries. Good luck with the build. 👍🏼

Comment

FierceVibe you don't want to filter out PC courses because many sim designers actually build the courses on the PC. As mentioned above, courses that are built on PC with the Steam version of 2019 are available for everyone to play, regardless of the platform, so that is the most diverse. As for playing made for console courses on the sim, there are actually some really fantastic courses out there (even some of the fantasy courses are pretty cool to play on the sim), so I wouldn't necessarily exclude them. You can always adjust the lighting to be more favorable conditions for your projector and impact screen.

I would recommend getting the Steam version of 2019 and then play courses on the game version first to determine whether or not you want to spend the time playing it on the sim. You can quickly get a feel for a course in just a few minutes whether it would be worth playing.

Also, if you are really only interested in playing RCR courses, look for courses with LiDAR, (L) or L in the name.

My Courses:

Japan
        Konosu Country Club (L)
        Olympic Country Club R&H
        Olympic Country Club F&R
        Olympic Country Club H&F
        Olympic National East (L)
        Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
        Shonan Seaside CC (LiDAR)

US
        Torrey Pines South Course - LiDAR
        Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY