Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you lighten shadows?

Hello,
    this may be a stupid question or maybe even already answered, but I can't find it... Anyway, while playing TGC 2019 I've noticed it is very dark in the shadows. Like if I'm in the trees, it might as well be 1a.m... Even with the the settings on noon and clear. I can't seem to figure out how to change this, but watching other people play on YouTube, they don't seem to have this problem. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this?

Some courses were created with the sun in the wrong inclination early on using a popular Lidar tool and are designed on monitors which don't translate to our setup well. There is a program called reshade I think. Google reshade too.

Comment

I can't say that I've ever experienced this. Sometimes the contours of the green can be a little tricky to see well because of shadows. But nothing like you describe.

Are you talking about on an impact screen with a projector or with a monitor? Some older monitors can have this problem with shadows.

Try opening your video card driver settings and looking for Gamma, which can help some by turning those numbers up a little.

As mentioned above, you can install reshade. Reshade really brightens everything, not just the shadowy areas.

Shardak Hey there, I moved the topic away from TGC2019. So I got ReShade to this point in the screenshot, but no farther. I hit home key to remove this

Comment

At the moment, I'm running it on a TV and also a monitor. The monitor is pretty new and both have the same problem, so maybe it is a video card adjustment that is needed. I'll also check out the Reshade. Ive heard that before. Its just weird. I watch Wizard of Coz on YouTube, and he doesn't seem to have this issue. Everything is visible and what not. Even in deep shadowy areas. I asked him if he used Reshade and he says he does not.

Comment

I assume you already tried graphic settings in the game itself. So since it's happening on two different displays you can just try a windows color calibration. It might be a universal thing and you're only noticing it in TGC?

Go to your windows search bar and type "DCCW" and click on the icon that comes up. Run through the steps, It will allow you to tweak some settings independent of your TV/Monitor.

Comment

Another vote for Reshade

Comment

To me, Reshade seems to darken things. I normally have it on because it generally makes courses look much better, almost HD. But I find that dark courses, such as Cabot Cliffs, are too dark to play on my sim with Reshade running. Cabot Cliffs is almost too dark anyways, similar to many courses that have low sun angles.

Can Reshade also be configured to lighten? I have not tried that.
              My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
              Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
              Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
              Boyne Moor Lidar
              BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
              CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
              Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
              Marco Island CC Lidar3
              Willow Metropark Lidar5
              Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
              Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
              Meadowbrook Northville (L)
              The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
              Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
              Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
              Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
              Ottumwa Country Club
              And Many More...

Comment

Another vote for reshade. I also set the sun at noon when I start a game. Far better.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

Okay I made some Graphics card adjustments and things are much better. The Contrast and Gamma were both all the way down... I'm also going to download Reshade this weekend. Sounds like that's the way to go. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

• Celeras
                    Celeras commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome, I figured that was it. Good to fix the problem before Reshade so it's fixed everywhere. Enjoy!

Once I downloaded reshape, I had to turn the brightness up on the projector. It's fun getting everything dialled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas MacEwan View Post
                    Once I downloaded reshape, I had to turn the brightness up on the projector. It's fun getting everything dialled in.
                    This raises another possibility that I didn't think of. Make sure your projector is not set to "eco." The eco setting extends the lamp life but projects an image that is not as bright.

Comment

Working...
                    X