Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Control TGC 2019 with a Galaxy Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control TGC 2019 with a Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased a Galaxy Watch Active. So of course, I wanted to see if I could control TGC 2019 with it. I was able to using a couple different apps on my Android phone. I wear a watch on the course and now I have a reason to wear one in the simulator. Below are instructions on how to get it working using an Android phone. This should presumably work on any Galaxy Watch but I have only tested this on my Galaxy Watch Active.

This is assuming the watch is connected to your phone via the Galaxy Wearables App. You need the following software, 2 Android Apps, a Windows App, and a watch app. I believe the pro versions of the Android apps are $5 each.

Android:
    Unified Remote
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US

Wearable Widgets
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US

PC:
    Unified Remote
    https://www.unifiedremote.com/download

Watch:
    Wearable Widgets (from Galaxy Wearables App)

Install Unified Remote on:
    1. The phone your watch is connected to
    2. On the PC you run TGC 2019 on

On your phone, connect the app to your PC by click Menu Button->Servers and selecting your PC.

Install Wearable Widgets on:
    1. The phone your watch is connected to
    2. On your watch via the Galaxy Wearables App

Open the Wearable Widgets App on your phone
    Hit the + sign to add a new widget
    Select Unified remote->(3x3)

You can make your own remote here using the edit button and selecting each button and giving it a command:
    1. Select Edit
    2. Press the Key you want change
    3. Under Actions press: "Change Action" (This will bring up the Action Wizard)
    4. For Type of Action select: "Remote Action"
    5. For Remote select: "Keyboard Core.Keyboard"
    6. For Action select: "Press Press keys(s)"
    7. Click the + sign and select keyboard key you want the button to us (Keyboard shortcuts can be found here: https://gunghogolf.com/articles/tgc-keyboard-shortcuts)
    8. For server select your server
    9. Add a Label or Icon (You can have a label OR an icon, click the trash can to delete the icon and show the label text)
    10. Select a Color
    11. Click the checkbox to save the button
    12. Rinse and repeat for each button

If you want to use my keyboard layout:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210430_134847066.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	332038
    From top to bottom:
    PageUp-Up-PageDn
    Left-Zoom/Scout Cam-Right
    Club Dn-Down-Club Up

1. Select Import Widget
    2. Copy and paste the following in the box:

Code:
    AQJEZWZhdWx0AAZDaGlsZHJlbgACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgACAAZDaG lsZHJlbgAABUNvbG9yACM1MjhhYjIACEljb24AFgJPblRhcAAF VVJJAHVyOi8vaW50ZW50L3JlbW90ZTpDb3JlLktleWJvYXJkL2 FjdGlvbjpwcmVzcy9leHRyYTpwZ3VwAAAIVHlwZQADAAIABkNo aWxkcmVuAAAFQ29sb3IAIzdBQjI1MgAISWNvbgACAk9uVGFwAA VVUkkAdXI6Ly9pbnRlbnQvcmVtb3RlOkNvcmUuS2V5Ym9hcmQv YWN0aW9uOnByZXNzL2V4dHJhOnVwAAAIVHlwZQADAAIABkNoaW xkcmVuAAAFQ29sb3IAIzUyOGFiMgAISWNvbgA7Ak9uVGFwAAVV UkkAdXI6Ly9pbnRlbnQvcmVtb3RlOkNvcmUuS2V5Ym9hcmQvYW N0aW9uOnByZXNzL2V4dHJhOnBnZG93bgAACFR5cGUAAwAACFR5 cGUAFQACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgAABUNvbG9yAC M3QUIyNTIACEljb24AAAJPblRhcAAFVVJJAHVyOi8vaW50ZW50 L3JlbW90ZTpDb3JlLktleWJvYXJkL2FjdGlvbjpwcmVzcy9leH RyYTpsZWZ0AAAIVHlwZQADAAIABkNoaWxkcmVuAAAFQ29sb3IA IzViNWI1YgAISWNvbgAnAk9uVGFwAAVVUkkAdXI6Ly9pbnRlbn QvcmVtb3RlOkNvcmUuS2V5Ym9hcmQvYWN0aW9uOnByZXNzL2V4 dHJhOnEAAAhUeXBlAAMAAgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4AAAVDb2xvcgAjN0 FCMjUyAAhJY29uAAECT25UYXAABVVSSQB1cjovL2ludGVudC9y ZW1vdGU6Q29yZS5LZXlib2FyZC9hY3Rpb246cHJlc3MvZXh0cm E6cmlnaHQAAAhUeXBlAAMAAAhUeXBlABUAAgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4A AgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4AAAVDb2xvcgAjNTI4YWIyAAhJY29uABcCT2 5UYXAABVVSSQB1cjovL2ludGVudC9yZW1vdGU6Q29yZS5LZXli b2FyZC9hY3Rpb246cHJlc3MvZXh0cmE6egAABVRleHQALS0tAA hUeXBlAAMAAgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4AAAVDb2xvcgAjN0FCMjUyAAhJ Y29uAAMCT25UYXAABVVSSQB1cjovL2ludGVudC9yZW1vdGU6Q2 9yZS5LZXlib2FyZC9hY3Rpb246cHJlc3MvZXh0cmE6ZG93bgAA CFR5cGUAAwACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgAABUNvbG9yACM1MjhhYjIACE ljb24AKQJPblRhcAAFVVJJAHVyOi8vaW50ZW50L3JlbW90ZTpD b3JlLktleWJvYXJkL2FjdGlvbjpwcmVzcwAABVRleHQAKwAIVH lwZQADAAAIVHlwZQAVAAAIVHlwZQAUAAA=
    Here is my second page (buttons are self explanatory). To add follow the steps above and copy/paste in the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210430_134851829.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	332039

Code:
    AQJEZWZhdWx0AAZDaGlsZHJlbgACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgACAAZDaG lsZHJlbgAABUNvbG9yACM1MjhhYjIACEljb24AFgJPblRhcAAF VVJJAHVyOi8vaW50ZW50L3JlbW90ZTpDb3JlLktleWJvYXJkL2 FjdGlvbjpwcmVzcy9leHRyYTpwZ3VwAAAIVHlwZQADAAIABkNo aWxkcmVuAAAFQ29sb3IAIzdBQjI1MgAISWNvbgACAk9uVGFwAA VVUkkAdXI6Ly9pbnRlbnQvcmVtb3RlOkNvcmUuS2V5Ym9hcmQv YWN0aW9uOnByZXNzL2V4dHJhOnVwAAAIVHlwZQADAAIABkNoaW xkcmVuAAAFQ29sb3IAIzUyOGFiMgAISWNvbgA7Ak9uVGFwAAVV UkkAdXI6Ly9pbnRlbnQvcmVtb3RlOkNvcmUuS2V5Ym9hcmQvYW N0aW9uOnByZXNzL2V4dHJhOnBnZG93bgAACFR5cGUAAwAACFR5 cGUAFQACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgAABUNvbG9yAC M3QUIyNTIACEljb24AAAJPblRhcAAFVVJJAHVyOi8vaW50ZW50 L3JlbW90ZTpDb3JlLktleWJvYXJkL2FjdGlvbjpwcmVzcy9leH RyYTpsZWZ0AAAIVHlwZQADAAIABkNoaWxkcmVuAAAFQ29sb3IA IzViNWI1YgAISWNvbgAnAk9uVGFwAAVVUkkAdXI6Ly9pbnRlbn QvcmVtb3RlOkNvcmUuS2V5Ym9hcmQvYWN0aW9uOnByZXNzL2V4 dHJhOnEAAAhUeXBlAAMAAgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4AAAVDb2xvcgAjN0 FCMjUyAAhJY29uAAECT25UYXAABVVSSQB1cjovL2ludGVudC9y ZW1vdGU6Q29yZS5LZXlib2FyZC9hY3Rpb246cHJlc3MvZXh0cm E6cmlnaHQAAAhUeXBlAAMAAAhUeXBlABUAAgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4A AgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4AAAVDb2xvcgAjNTI4YWIyAAhJY29uABcCT2 5UYXAABVVSSQB1cjovL2ludGVudC9yZW1vdGU6Q29yZS5LZXli b2FyZC9hY3Rpb246cHJlc3MvZXh0cmE6egAABVRleHQALS0tAA hUeXBlAAMAAgAGQ2hpbGRyZW4AAAVDb2xvcgAjN0FCMjUyAAhJ Y29uAAMCT25UYXAABVVSSQB1cjovL2ludGVudC9yZW1vdGU6Q2 9yZS5LZXlib2FyZC9hY3Rpb246cHJlc3MvZXh0cmE6ZG93bgAA CFR5cGUAAwACAAZDaGlsZHJlbgAABUNvbG9yACM1MjhhYjIACE ljb24AKQJPblRhcAAFVVJJAHVyOi8vaW50ZW50L3JlbW90ZTpD b3JlLktleWJvYXJkL2FjdGlvbjpwcmVzcwAABVRleHQAKwAIVH lwZQADAAAIVHlwZQAVAAAIVHlwZQAUAAA=
    You can also use my widget as a base and then edit it to your liking.

Inside the Wearable Widgets App I have the following selected to make the buttons a bit bigger:
    Settings->Round Screen Sizing->Sizing Type->Fit Widget to outside of screen

Once you have created the widgets in the Wearable Widgets App on your phone, open the Wearable Widgets app on your watch. You will see the remote you created and can use it to control TGC 2019. You can scroll through the pages by swiping left and right.

Fantastic post! I have a Galaxy 3 watch and was able to get it working with your instructions. Game changer!

One tip I found is that the left and right buttons take a long time to change your aim with single clicks. I made my buttons to do multiple key presses when you click the arrows. That seemed to make it more usable for me.

Comment

Does your connection to the server drop when your phone goes to sleep? I noticed that the controls on my watch stop working during the round and I need to wake up the phone and then it starts working again. I looked in the settings and everything about being able to run in the background I have checked. Have you experienced this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by rdeyer View Post
        Does your connection to the server drop when your phone goes to sleep? I noticed that the controls on my watch stop working during the round and I need to wake up the phone and then it starts working again. I looked in the settings and everything about being able to run in the background I have checked. Have you experienced this problem?
        Thanks for the tip about left and right. I plan on making a new widget with 2 sets of left and right keys, one with a single press for the menus and fine aiming, and one with multiple presses for the majority of the time.

I am having the same issue with Unified Remote disconnecting when the phone goes to sleep. I enabled the following settings but it would still disconnect:
        Preferences>Connection>Keep Alive
        Preferences>Power>Wake Lock

What did work was connecting to the computer via bluetooth. You may need a USB bluetooth dongle if your PC doesn't have bluetooth already. You 1st need to connect to your phone from your computer and then you can select the bluetooth server in the app. Instructions are here: http://help.unifiedremote.com/articl...oth-on-windows. When I tested while connected to bluetooth there were no drops at all. I'm not sure if it was just connecting via bluetooth or a combination of that and the settings above that fixed the issue. Let me know if connecting via bluetooth works for you as well and I'll update the original post with new instructions.

You could also keep the screen on by using another app like Screen Alive or Stay Alive to not let the screen fall asleep.

Another thing I did was I updated the Settings>Display>Show last app setting on my watch to Within 1 hour. That way when the screen on my wach turns off, It will go right back to the remote when turning back on, instead of opening the watch face.

Comment

This is a fantastic idea for controls and great instructional post.
          Uneekor QED
          Epson L1300UNL / ELPLU03 Lens (8000 Lumen Laser 2160P, 0.69 Throw Ratio)
          Dell P4317Q (2160P) x2
          HP Omen 875-1022 (2080 TI / 9900k / 16GB)
          The Golf Club 2019
          Par2Pro Stealth Screens

Comment

I figured out how to keep the connection after my phone goes to sleep. On my pixel phone if I go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special App Access > Battery Optimization, then set the Unified Remote Full app to "Don't Optimize". The issue was the phone was turning the app off to save battery when it went to sleep and overriding all the other spots where I was telling it to keep that app running. I tested it for a full round and it worked the entire time. It didn't seem to drain barely any battery either.

The tip davekos said a couple posts above about setting your watch so it opens the last app you used within 1 hour is a great tip. It allows you to get back to the controls in one click after your watch has gone to sleep.

Comment

Working...
            X