Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Using cheap arcade joystick as simulator control box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using cheap arcade joystick as simulator control box

Instead of paying a lot for a custom golf simulator control box or making my own which I really could not be bothered to do, I searched and bought this PXN 0082 arcade joystick and mapped the keys to what I wanted using keysticks (keysticks.net). I've mapped the stick with left/right being arrow left/right, and up and down with Z/X for club selection.

It's working brilliantly with my Mevo+ and TGC 2019 combo and couldn't ask for more for $40. Reason I picked this particular one was I wanted one with coloured buttons (though not necessary), and one with great reviews which this had. Buttons have good travel, and are clicky (not mushy) and responsive.

P.S. In case you buy the same or similar joystick, I've uploaded my profile called "P229 - TGC 2019 Simulator PXN 0082" to the keysticks server, so you can simply find it and load it from the profile browser within the keysticks app.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2021-09-21_14-32-07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	342909

Just wanted to say that having this is a godsend when playing Tgc 2019. It's night and day difference in simulator experience when playing and practising, being able to check target view, shot info, change shot mode etc all while just standing on the hitting mat and using the golf club. It's a must have!

Comment

Brilliant idea

Comment

Thanks for sharing. This is awesome!!!

Comment

I just realized that I didn't mention where I bought it from!
          Here the link. It should be about $40 shipped globally.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000288954394.html
          Last edited by aussiebenny; 09-23-2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

And here's a short clip of me using this joystick with tgc 2019. Not really necessary but I like to change the coinn that's displayed within the game so I tap down on the joystick to change the club also.

https://youtu.be/vDywgtmV76w

Another tip is the usage of the air purifier as you can see in front of me. The turf mat and the net creates a lot of dust and particles with each shot which is really bad and I could feel it with every breath. Since I added that purifier few days back, it's made a world of difference to the air quality in my garage. So imo, an air purifier is a must have also.

Using a temporary screen (drop sheet) as I ordered a 3 layer poly screen (below) and still waiting for it to arrive:
            https://www.golfsimaustralia.com.au/...-mesh-material
            Last edited by aussiebenny; 09-24-2021, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• rjheard
              rjheard commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for sharing! I have one on order now.

• aussiebenny
              aussiebenny commented
              Editing a comment
              rjheard Np! Let us know how you go once you get it.

Just a quick update that I've now been using it for number of weeks, and have hit the buttons and stick with my club hundreds of times, and it still works as good as when it was new. Highly recommended for every sim player. BTW, I've changed the Putter button mapping to Escape key instead as I found I needed it more often. And to note, while in the menu of TGC, the joy stick still works like a direction key (e.g. up/down) to be able to navigate the menu items which is great.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation!

Edit: works as you described. I switched a few buttons...this isw awesome.

Thanks agian.
              Last edited by Love2Golf; 10-23-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• aussiebenny
                aussiebenny commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad to hear it's working well for you also! It's become an invaluable part of my sim setup now and I'm sure will be for you as well.

Anyone use this with FSX2020? Any reason it might not work?

Comment

Originally posted by jasonreg View Post
                Anyone use this with FSX2020? Any reason it might not work?
                This joystick (any joystick) & app (keysticks) combo will work with any game that has keyboard shortcuts.
                Basically, the app can emulate all the joystick buttons into a keyboard press.

Comment

Interesting. That said, I do not use that many keyboard short-cuts, not saying they do not exist, I just do not know about them. Likely though because I use a touch-screen and/or mouse for most selections. Does anyone know of a chart or list of FSX2020 keyboard short-cuts?

Comment

Interesting. That said, I do not use that many keyboard short-cuts, not saying they do not exist, I just do not know about them. Likely though because I use a touch-screen and/or mouse for most selections. Does anyone know of a chart or list of FSX2020 keyboard short-cuts?
                    Looks like this post lists them all. https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...682#post288682

Comment

Originally posted by aussiebenny View Post

Looks like this post lists them all. https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...682#post288682
                      Excellent - many thanks for posting that.

Comment

OK - so finally have time to set this up. I am missing how to map the keyboard shortcuts. I don't really see any instructions as to how to do this. Can anyone point me to a source?

Comment

OK - so finally have time to set this up. I am missing how to map the keyboard shortcuts. I don't really see any instructions as to how to do this. Can anyone point me to a source?
                          From the OP - P.S. In case you buy the same or similar joystick, I've uploaded my profile called "P229 - TGC 2019 Simulator PXN 0082" to the keysticks server, so you can simply find it and load it from the profile browser within the keysticks app.

So you have to download a program called "keysticks" and once it's installed there will be a browser in the program with already published/shared profiles. Look for OP's, download it, and then set it for your configuration.

Comment

Working...
                          X