Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Using cheap arcade joystick as simulator control box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using cheap arcade joystick as simulator control box

Instead of paying a lot for a custom golf simulator control box or making my own which I really could not be bothered to do, I searched and bought this PXN 0082 arcade joystick and mapped the keys to what I wanted using keysticks (keysticks.net). I've mapped the stick with left/right being arrow left/right, and up and down with Z/X for club selection.

It's working brilliantly with my Mevo+ and TGC 2019 combo and couldn't ask for more for $40. Reason I picked this particular one was I wanted one with coloured buttons (though not necessary), and one with great reviews which this had. Buttons have good travel, and are clicky (not mushy) and responsive.

P.S. In case you buy the same or similar joystick, I've uploaded my profile called "P229 - TGC 2019 Simulator PXN 0082" to the keysticks server, so you can simply find it and load it from the profile browser within the keysticks app.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2021-09-21_14-32-07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	342909

I just ordered one. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Thank you! I have purchased the PXN and downloaded your profile. You mentioned you changed the putter to the “Escape key” - which button is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom3putt View Post
        Thank you! I have purchased the PXN and downloaded your profile. You mentioned you changed the putter to the “Escape key” - which button is that?
        Oh, in my photo of the controller on the OP, see the purple key that I mapped as Putter? I changed that to ESC keyboard key mapping instead as I found sometimes i get stuck in the menu during a mulligan and having a bigger ESC key was more convenient.

Comment

So I am playing around with this - I have the profile P229 downloaded so I get that - but how do I reprogram the buttons to suit FSX 2020?

Comment

aussiebenny

Thank you for confirming that this device works and for setting up a generic profile in "keysticks".
            I totally get bumping the controller on the floor and used it for a bit in that manner. Our garage is operational and we park here daily and wanted a permanent fixture off the floor in this space.

If you open the inside of the controller, there are two plastic support columns, and holes can be drilled and bolts mounted. Two bolts, plus the suction cups for padding, made this super easy for placement. A few holes were drilled and it was mounted to a board on the wall (8 feet behind the ball). This position is usually near my bag and I get to preview and aim for a hole before club selection. The angled mount is tucked out of the way and behind the ball.

The large button mounted below the joystick is a wired remote power button for the pc. The pc is mounted overhead and between the garage door rails, just behind the uneekor. Grey "wire duct" conceals both the controller and power button cabling and was used to hide all wiring to the monitors and keyboard etc.

Will
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Will; 04-09-2022, 09:07 PM.
            Uneekor QED / The Golf Club 2019
            Epson L1300UNL (8000 Lumen Laser 2160P) ELPLU03 Lens (0.69 Throw Ratio)
            Dell P4317Q (2160P) x2
            PC (Watercooled 2080 TI / 11700k / 16GB)
            Par2Pro Stealth Screens

Comment

Help...I bought the PXN, downloaded keystcks, went to your profile and added TGC 2019 Simulator PXN 0082 to my computer - plugged the usb in my computer but I cant control anything but the enter button. Am I missing something that lets my computer or the program know to use the PXN? I am really bad with computers so please dumb down any answers....thanks!

Comment

Tom3putt

Did you resolve your issue?
                Make sure the PXN has the switch in the upper left side switched down. (at least mine works in this state)
                Search for "game controllers" on your system and see if the buttons respond.

There were some issues with the joystick in the original shared profile because momentary press and release and persistent hold and release options had to be reconfigured in keysticks to get my desired outcome. Aside of that, the buttons functioned, although they were also moved a bit.

After configuring the keysticks software, it has been proven to be an easy way for myself and guests to adjust there aim and review the course.

Again, thank you to aussiebenny for making the initial experiment public.
                Uneekor QED / The Golf Club 2019
                Epson L1300UNL (8000 Lumen Laser 2160P) ELPLU03 Lens (0.69 Throw Ratio)
                Dell P4317Q (2160P) x2
                PC (Watercooled 2080 TI / 11700k / 16GB)
                Par2Pro Stealth Screens

Comment

Working...
                X