Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Help me like TGC 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me like TGC 2019.

Hello all, we're running a Mevo+ on an indoor set up (not short indoor). We subscribe to E6 and play it about every day. I kept seeing how everyone likes TGC so I bought it but just can't seem to like it. I don't like the fact that there is only one player and the other three are guests and the fact you can't play a scramble (I knew the scramble wasn't an option when I bought it). Compared to E6, the in play menu's don't seem as good. We use a 24" touchscreen monitor mirrored to the impact screen to pick clubs, point the shot, etc. I'll admit the graphics are more pleasing to the eye, but I wouldn't say they're better. And I like the fact that E6 has a portal where I can see all my analytics from past games. Maybe we're the minority, but my buddies and I play together and no scramble is more of a problem than I thought it would be. Then I contacted TGC to see what would need to be done if I wanted to sell my license and, as most of you probably know, you have to purchase a transfer for almost 1/2 of the total price so who would want to do that? Am I missing something? I know there are 10,000 more courses than E6 and no subscription but what is the main draw that attracts people to this over E6. Anyway, sorry for the venting, I'm just trying to justify my $950 purchase, LOL.

When the PGA tour is in full swing, I enjoy playing the same courses the pros are playing. I also enjoy the tournaments run out of TGCs societies on GolfSimulatorTours. Most of all, I get realistic course simulation for a one time fee that doesn’t break the bank.

Comment

I have never seen E6. I have a GC2 and the FSX 2020 courses and play are crap. I've never played more than 3 or 4 holes of FSX without switching back to TGC. Sorry for the tangent...

went with TGC 2019 for the # of courses and open design. I like playing local courses or courses I have played rather than Pebble Beach or Sawgrass, which seems to be the staple in many other setups. Like already mentioned, it is also fun to follow the PGA Tour during. I also designed my regular course from Lidar, which took me about 100 hours. Cool process and fun to see how it all comes together.

I like playing my own ball and posting a score. So I have no desire for scramble, etc. I do play online with a friend and that works great.

Comment

You guys are right, its nice to just buy it and its yours. No subscription is one of the reasons we went with the Mevo also. The course designer is a good point. It would be nice to play local courses too.

Comment

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the Course Designer is fantastic and one of the reasons that I own TGC2019. Especially when you can use it with Chad's Tools and pull in any local LiDAR course to play any time you like. It sure makes playing golf a lot more fun when you can also play courses you are familiar with.

I don't think anyone can help you like TGC2019 -- you either like it or you don't. I have both TGC2019 and E6 and I do not play E6 at all. I played it quite a bit when I first subscribed but I just ended up playing TGC all the time. Course selection and graphics are both major factors for me and TGC2019 is miles ahead. I have a DIY control box so the in-game menus/controls work well for me. I don't ever switch my club unless I am putting from the fringe. I do, however like a lot of what E6 has to offer. I like scramble mode (I wish TGC2019 had) and I do like the web-based stats dashboard and the game play is pretty good. I find the ball physics a bit more accurate in E6. TGC2019 is close but they need to fix a lot of things and add the other online formats so who knows if that will ever happen.

Comment

I've tried both E6 and TGC 2019.

After I got the TGC 2019, I never run E6.

To me, TGC 2019 has better graphics than E6. And that's not about pixel peeping. It's about the overall atmosphere, and in the details. It has better looking camera work, more realistic bounce and roll (some think it's unrealistic but I reckon it actually is), realistic ball roll marks on the sand, pitch marks on the greens etc. Also it has better sound effects, and also commentary that I actually really like. Even has standing crowds and gallery stands etc in tournament modes, with different commentary and crowd sounds that change the atmosphere also. So it has the overall audio visual experience that others cannot match right now.

TGC 2019 isn't as good for practice maybe, as it doesn't constantly show the shot data as a HUD in the driving range or shot groupings etc, but yeah, the ball flight tells me enough of what I need to know anyways. and if I really need to practice to dial in my swing and profile my clubs with data etc, I just use FS Golf instead as it's much better than both E6 or TGC 2019 for that specific purpose.

Also, after adding the control box (more info here), TGC 2019 is just so much more enjoyable to play and practice with than ever before. It completely revolutionized how I play TGC 2019, and it's a must have if you don't have one already. Not needing to go to my latop everytime for common actions is a godsend. e.g. I just I just hit the "R" button (shot preview) whenever I want to just hit few balls from where I am on the course. It makes me hit a lot of balls during a round for various clubs and shot type, enough to not needing any separate practice session. All while enjoying new courses and/or my local courses that I've made using chad's tool with lidar data.(I bought a separate Steam version of TGC 2019 (about $5) to design.) Makes practice so much more fun and imo, more effective.

You should definitely try making your own local course if it doesn't exist already. The course I designed may not be as high quality finished as done by the top designers, but still gives me all the right feelings of playing my home course, and just makes it feel even more realistic simulation as a result. I play my own shoddily-designed local course more than Augusta or Pebble Beach on TGC 2019 lol.
          Last edited by aussiebenny; 10-14-2021, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crashxx View Post
            Then I contacted TGC to see what would need to be done if I wanted to sell my license and, as most of you probably know, you have to purchase a transfer for almost 1/2 of the total price so who would want to do that?
            I think this is a disgraceful policy:
            1. If they are confident in their product people wouldnt want to sell/transfer it in large numbers.
            2. It is a digital license transfer, almost 0 cost to them.

I didnt know this at the time I bought my license but I will never buy another version of TGC as a result.

The course selection and graphics are excellent but in most other regards this feels like an incomplete product; it doesnt even have proper practice facilities or data logging despite claiming to be a simulation product...

Comment

Originally posted by James James View Post

I think this is a disgraceful policy:
              1. If they are confident in their product people wouldnt want to sell/transfer it in large numbers.
              2. It is a digital license transfer, almost 0 cost to them.

I didnt know this at the time I bought my license but I will never buy another version of TGC as a result.

The course selection and graphics are excellent but in most other regards this feels like an incomplete product; it doesnt even have proper practice facilities or data logging despite claiming to be a simulation product...

I agree 100%!

Comment

I have played both. I prefer e6. But TGC is still very good and you own it outright. Surely your friends will find some other mode that they like?

Comment

Yea, we're going to give it a fair shot. We don't scramble much, unless our wives play. They aren't very good, (neither am I) so it speeds up the game.

Comment

• Fhacker
                    Fhacker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Play alternate shot in TGC, fun with wives/ friends. Rounds take about half the time. U can play up to 8 people/couples. U can Set 4 t teams in game, 2 per team.

Scramble on simulator would be dreadful IMO for more than 4 people. Would take forever to play nine holes. I find group simulator play to take at least as long as real golf.

Comment

It does take longer, but we're not trying to see how fast we can play. We generally play after work so indoors this time of year is the only option. Its more about something to do and socialize with friends.

Comment

• PUNTE
                      PUNTE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very curious to see which formats go over with your friends group. I’m hoping to launch something similar in my neighborhood once my simulator is more idiot-proof.

Last night we scrambled on E6 with our wives. They are not golfers so that worked out pretty well. Not sure how well it will work with TGC, but I set up a 24" touch screen monitor by our bag stand which makes it very easy to point the pointer and select clubs.

Comment

I like TGC 2019 as a golf purist who wants to play my own ball on course I am familiar with. For sure, sim golf is not real golf. However, it is a "simulation". There is no simulation better than on a course you are familiar with the accuracy of Lidar. I prefer to play by myself. I agree that multiplayer is not linear in time consumption and the more players are added the quicker it takes as long to play simulation as it does real life unless you forgo putting, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X