No announcement yet.

Does club selection affect ball flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does club selection affect ball flight?

I've seen posts here stating that club selection in TGC19 does not matter, that the launch monitor does all the calculations regarding ball flight.

Then I just read this on the ProTee site--
    ProTee Golf Interface release 2.90g and higher supports custom launch angles for all clubs. To play with Hybrids you can modify one of the unused clubs, like the Wood 2 to be used as a Hybrid.

Find the Settings.pgs file in the C:\Program Files(x86)\ProTeeGolf Interface directory. Open de settings.pgs in notepad. Look for a line called: Wood_2_LA=12. Change the 12 to whatever launch angle the hybrid has.

Save the file and restart the interface and game. Now in the player bag make sure the Wood 2 is included and select this when you play with your hybrid.

Does club selection only matter only in video game play, or does this change ball flight read by a launch monitor also?

From my testing on the sim the only time it matters if picking between putter and wedge when playing from the fringes. Which this might be a skytrack thing as I know it has a short game mode setting.

Comment

Also it depends on your equipment. If you have boost %% on clubs. When I had a Skytrack I had 3% boost on the woods so if i had a driver chosen and hit a wedge it was a little to long.

Comment

Working...
      X