Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop for the 2019

Hi guys,

Sorry, I know a thread like this has been posted a million times! I was wondering if the laptop linked below would be ideal for running tgc 2019 (with skytrak). If not does anyone have any alternatives at a similar price which they could recommend.

Thanks

The laptop only has integrated graphics, so it will not run TGC 2019 well if at all. Go with one with at least an RX580/GTX1060 6GB or better. 10th generation or later Intel CPU will also work well.

Comment

Generally look for a gaming laptop with a solid state drive. It will open windows at start up in a few seconds. I have a hp pavilion gaming laptop I bought 2 years ago for $900.

Comment

I finally broke down and spend a lot on a Win 10 Pro machine with a Nvidia 3060 Graphics card in it - mostly because I know it's close to $400 just for the graphics card by itself...

Here's the one I purchased:

Comment

Here is the one I picked up and it has worked great so far. Also, down $100 from when I bought it. Just my luckā€¦.

Attached Files

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9FBWL4...roduct_details, I bought this one and it works great.I put extended maintenance on it too. still real reasonable I thought.

Comment

Can I ask why you want a laptop? Usually they are not upgradable, in particular the graphics cards, because they are integrated into the boards. I made this mistake the first time around. I ended up having an issue and bought a desktop the second time around. Since then I upgraded the graphics card with ease.

I keep the desktop in my SIM room which is in my pole barn and have no issues with cold or heat. I was originally concerned about the winter months which is why I bought the laptop.

My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
              Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
              Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
              Boyne Moor Lidar
              BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
              CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
              Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
              Marco Island CC Lidar3
              Willow Metropark Lidar5
              Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses: