This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor overhead golf monitor

This is what I have been waiting to see the entire PGA show. New launch monitor products at lower price points!

Its an over head launch monitor, with club data, ball data(spin axis!), high-speed video playback of club at impact and course software for $6000!(sensor only costs $5500).

Depending on accuracy, I could see this product really taking off, especially if they allow some integration with TGC/E6.

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com.http://www.par2pr...

• Ok guys, got an email from Austin Lee, who introduced himself as my point of contact for technical issues or questions. He attached several PDF's including installation guide, Calibration Process, Newtwork Setup Guide, SpaceRequirements, and ProductSupport guide. All professionally put together and easy to understand. I should get the tracking information and license key today or tomorrow.......it's getting exciting!!!!!!!

Comment

• ProTee Dennis ProTee Max ProTee Max
      Can you confirm that TGC/TGC2019 is ready for Uneekor? Also, will the club data that is read on the Uneekor be passed to the post shot data screen in TGC or will only the ball data be transferred?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wbond….. I would expect that all data would be passed to TGC. It looks like Uneekor is handling their own integration similar to what GSA did. GSA sends ball data and club data to TGC. Not sure if Uneekor's video will be able to be seen while playing TGC.... Probably not. unless it runs in a separate window on an extended desktop.

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        TGC has no option to display pictures of the ball spinning like they do in their own software, so its either shown on a seperate screen, pushed to the front after a shot or not shown at all. I'm sure a video will popup somewhere at some point showing how it all works. Best to ask Uneekor.

• Can you publish the literature? I don't see any reason they would mind if you shared.

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        If you go to the Uneekor website, the contact email is listed near the bottom and Doug is very responsive.

• Originally posted by wbond View Post
      ProTee Dennis ProTee Max ProTee Max
      Can you confirm that TGC/TGC2019 is ready for Uneekor? Also, will the club data that is read on the Uneekor be passed to the post shot data screen in TGC or will only the ball data be transferred?
      We have no idea what data is being passed to TGC. All we heard is that they finished the integration. We have not seen it working. We also do not have a test unit, so will not be able to support it.
      Hopefully they will post a video somewhere at some point or someone on the forum will be able answer your question.

Comment

• Fhacker
        Fhacker commented
        Editing a comment
        @proteemax. I was also curious about this. How can they integrate TGC sim software which I understand to be your domain by way of license with HB studios. Seems to be a problem to me. And based on your comment above about no support, raises more suspicion. How can they sell your software?

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        Did not say we did not know about the integration. We heard from Uneekor they finished the integration. The question was if Uneekor is passing club data, and our answer is that we do not know. The minimum TGC needs is ball data.

• Originally posted by ProTee United View Post

We have no idea what data is being passed to TGC. All we heard is that they finished the integration. We have not seen it working. We also do not have a test unit, so will not be able to support it.
      Hopefully they will post a video somewhere at some point or someone on the forum will be able answer your question.
      ....yea, I'm definitely holding off for a while on this one, that's not encouraging.

​​​​Also don't see how any marked balls won't mess up your screen too. Even the truvis balls leave marks on your screen.

I'll be all in for this monitor like a year from now if it all works out, but way too nervous too get into anything quickly in this world after seeing all the es16 mess in the past, even though this one looks a million times more encouraging with the videos and all that are out there.

Having said all this, really intrigued by it and dying to see videos and reviews from those that get it.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Keep us posted on the progress. Good luck and hopefully it works well.

Comment

• Going to split up Wbonds' question into 2 parts because for some reason our answer is causing confusion:

Q, Can you confirm that TGC/TGC2019 is ready for Uneekor?
          A. Uneekor told us they finished the integration. Contact Uneekor if you want this confirmed.

Q. Also, will the club data that is read on the Uneekor be passed to the post shot data screen in TGC or will only the ball data be transferred?
          A. We simply do not know. You will need to ask Uneekor.

Here is how it works.

1. We provided the SDK to Uneekor and instructions on how it integrate it.
          2. Uneekor made all the changes to their interfacing. We are not involved in this process.
          3. The minimum TGC needs to launch a ball is ball data.
          4. If a system is able to read club data then this can be integrated as well.

We have not seen it working. We did not test it. Uneekor told us they finished the integration and tested it, so we assume its working. We do not know if Uneekor is passing club data because we did not see any post shot analysis screen or video of it. We do not have a Uneekor system, so we can not test this and see it working.

If you hit a ball and it's not launching we have no idea where to look so you will have to contact Uneekor to get this sorted.

Best to invite Uneekor to the forums so they can confirm the if/when/how/when

Comment

• Brettster
            Brettster commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, we’ve all been communicating with Doug, has he been invited up here? It would be best suited to have his answers here - and to see that setup literature posted here as well - Doug are you listening? Or Mr. Austin Lee at Uneekor?

• Thanks for the response, i have been emailing back and forth with them and have passed along your response to get their input. I will post their answer when i get it.

Comment

• Just saw this video of 9 hole game play. I hope the comment and ready indicator sounds can be turned off.

https://www.qed-golfsimulator.comhttps://www.golfsimulator.shophttps://www.golfsimulator.kaufenhttps://www.golfballs.at/Golf-Simulator

Comment

• Ok, I got an answer from Uneekor. They transfer both ball and club data to TGC. Here is their response. They also sent me videos for both how to start TGC and one showing the shot data but I can't attach mp4 files. One thing I noticed though was the face relative to path seems to be incorrect, I just think it's the face angle itself and it seems like this should have produced a slight fade instead of a draw.

Q. How do you start TGC with uneekor?
              A. If you install the icon, there is an exe file called pod in the installation folder.
              To use TGC, the pod must be executed.
              The name pod can be changed. It's something I put up temporarily.
              Currently, no icons are created on the desktop.
              It is not difficult to make an icon when you install it.

Q. What data do you send to TGC?
              A. I am sending ball and club data to TGC.
              The data that we cannot send at present is deviation.

Comment

• Here is a screenshot of the uneekor data transfer to TGC. Click image for larger version

Name:	uneekor tgc shot analysis screenshot.JPG
Views:	1288
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	207084

Comment

• So based on what I see, this can be just like GC2+HMT:

Ball Data
                  *Ball Speed
                  *Ball Launch Angle
                  *Ball Path
                  *Backspin
                  *Sidespin or Spin Axis

any simulator software only need those 5 parameters above to get the ball launching. Now on to the club data:

Club Data
                  *Club Speed
                  *Smash Factor
                  *Swing Path

That is for Protee SDK. You cannot transfer the launch monitor data to Protee interface on the following parameters:

*Club Face
                  *Deviation (horizontal impact location only, no vertical)
                  *Face Relative to Path

Last but not least, those 3 club data above that are transferable (Club Speed, Smash Factor and Swing Path), might not even be the real numbers, if Uneekor developers weren't smart enough to integrate that (can't find a better word here, but it's a bit tricky).
                  Last edited by LEO MODE; 05-23-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Uneekor is not using the ProTee Interface or ProTee SDK. They use the TGC Simulator SDK:

All the club data and even face relative can be transferred.

Comment

• LEO MODE
                      LEO MODE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the confirmation. That's great news! Although it seems like they were only able to achieve what Protee interface transfer could achieve (i see those 3 club data parameters not being transferred). They must not done something right there if they were using TGC Simulator SDK.

Hope other launch monitors which uses protee interface can migrate to that as well so club information can be transferred too?
                      Last edited by LEO MODE; 05-23-2019, 09:55 PM.

• gene438
                      gene438 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm hoping that by going direct and not using protee interface that we can get minimum shot delay.......

• Doug called me a few minutes ago and gave me the same info wbond posted. I have also been in touch with ProTee support. The bottom line is that there is an agreement in place. I think there was some confusion as to who was suppose to do what plus throw in the communication logistics between the Koreans and US counterparts. Doug stressed that he is on top of it and it is a top priority of everyone in the organization. The testing has been done and completed by Korean team as evidenced by the video. I'm confident we will have procedures with a few days.

Comment

• I’m completely new to simulators, but have recently had my last kid fly the coop, so now have a great room to work with. I’ve been really intrigued by this product and all of your comments have been extremely helpful, thanks. I think I have a pretty good handle on which simulator bay components I’m going to consider, but had one question I could use some help on. I like the approach of TrueStrike mat system (but haven’t tried it), it made me wonder about how big of an area the ball can be placed in such that an overhead monitor like this can reach ready state. It seems putting on TrueStrike would be best done to the side of the iron strike area. Can an overhead launch monitor tolerate several inches of distance between iron shot and putting (and perhaps even tee shot) ball placement? Or do I need a mat system that works for all shots from the same spot? Many thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X