This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor overhead golf monitor

This is what I have been waiting to see the entire PGA show. New launch monitor products at lower price points!

Its an over head launch monitor, with club data, ball data(spin axis!), high-speed video playback of club at impact and course software for $6000!(sensor only costs $5500).

Depending on accuracy, I could see this product really taking off, especially if they allow some integration with TGC/E6.

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com.http://www.par2pr...

• Does anyone know if the markings on the balls are in a specific pattern? I.e. can the pattern be replicated without going through Uneekor?

Comment

• Originally posted by wbond View Post
      One thing I noticed though was the face relative to path seems to be incorrect, I just think it's the face angle itself and it seems like this should have produced a slight fade instead of a draw.
      This is what currently concerns me about this unit. I'm. not sure the club data will be accurate. The GC hawk is mounted in front of the strike area and uses stickers to help capture the club data. This unit is mounted behind and doesn't use stickers. I'm not sure if the position of the mounting/stickers makes a difference, but at this point club data from this unit is suspect/unknown....until detailed testing is performed. If the company acknowledges this, but states that it has potential via software or to use of stickers to make it more accurate this would sway my decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunserotti View Post

This is what currently concerns me about this unit. I'm. not sure the club data will be accurate. The GC hawk is mounted in front of the strike area and uses stickers to help capture the club data. This unit is mounted behind and doesn't use stickers. I'm not sure if the position of the mounting/stickers makes a difference, but at this point club data from this unit is suspect/unknown....until detailed testing is performed. If the company acknowledges this, but states that it has potential via software or to use of stickers to make it more accurate this would sway my decision.

Like I have always said, let’s wait and see what testing shows. I must be honest that in these forums I am always a skeptic when it comes to reading a first post from someone criticizing a product. I can’t recall but thought Hawk did not require ball markings to get accurate spin, but all other ceiling mounted units do require the ball to be marked to get accurate readings. Does this make the Hawk inaccurate when compared to other Sources? I don’t know, but will obviously be very interested in seeing an independent analysis to see if they get this right.

Comment

• Any word on whether this system can be set up and left in a non heated garage? I don't know if the extreme cold or heat would impact the system.

Comment

• emskad
            emskad commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked Doug the same question Friday and this was his response:

"My comment is that electronics are always better in evenly controlled environments. I would work to avoid the extreme temp swings to prolong the life of your system…"

I think that is the same answer you would get from anyone with electronics. It is one of the factors in my decision between this and GC2 that I can take inside when not using. Either way, I will be using a gaming laptop instead of desktop for the same reason. The projector will stay in place but that is the least expensive piece of the equation.

• blitz12
            blitz12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that makes sense and what I figured. I'll likely stick with skytrak for that reason. Don't have room indoors. I think I need to move!

• Everyone here seems to be rocket scientists when it comes to golf sim components and what goes with what? It is mind boggling to me how you all know so much about different devices when they are all are so expensive. A lot of times I can't even follow what you're talking about.

I want to add 3 and perhaps 4 sims to my bar/restaurant that's been around for 7 years. The space next to me is perfect. And either GSA or Uneekor would be the right price tag. You all seem adamant about very particular data and have strong opinions about X or Y company. And for good reason. You all are experts. I believe people like myself and my customer base won't need to have the extreme precision and the amount of data most of you talk about like it's your job. (I'm jealous) I watch Keithor5150 vids and I just get excited as hell to play golf 365 days a year, no waiting, great service for drinks and really good food with NORMAL prices. No drive time, no sweating, playing when its pitch black outside, the hassle of driving ranges, and some really good data no one can get from a driving range without a remote system. The reasons I find for this as a business plan seem endless.

Can anyone help me as to which one seems better for an established bar/restaurant that wants to add to entertainment factor: GSA or Uneekor?

FYI, my addition will not make my place a golf bar like every single golf sim business I've seen on the internet. The space will only be accessed by one doorway with a very thick brick wall separating the rest of the two spaces. I really want for the bar/restaurant side to keep its identity.

Comment

• Willie Vader
            Willie Vader commented
            Editing a comment
            From everyone I've chatted with, the expense in getting open is the key. Do you have an idea of how much it would be to make a Uneekor system into a money making bay? What all would I need to add to make it functional?

• Willie Vader
            Willie Vader commented
            Editing a comment
            I really want different hitting zones, as in rough and sand. To me, always hitting off a "fairway" mat is not even close to real golf. Can the Uneekor work with a mat that has rough and sand textures that are on the market?

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Willie, I know a little about GSA. Check out their site. https://www.golf-simulators.com/ PM me with any questions. GSA has a new system coming out soon. I will be getting mine for Alpha testing the first week in June. Not sure which software would be best for a business. GSA can run JNPG, TGC, TGC 2019, E6, and even the old Red Chain.... which I don't like... too dated. Uneekor looks like a solid system. I have never hit on one but they look good. Probably the best Uneekor video is the one at the PGA show where a golf pro hits a straight shot, then a draw and then a fade. Followed by a big slice. Most GSA users will be upgrading to the new system once available. And it should be less money than their current systems.
            Last edited by keither5150; 05-28-2019, 12:28 PM.

• keither5150 is there a thread to follow this new GSA product, also looks very promising?

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet, I was going to wait until I get my unit. Looks like I will be receiving it next week.
            Last edited by keither5150; 05-30-2019, 01:31 PM.

• Just wanted to give Uneekor QED a shout-out. Got my system about a week ago, and installing it was easy. The system works fantastic in terms of accuracy, and the 20 inclused courses are pretty sweet...might have to plan a trip to Korea to check some of them out lol. Doug was a great help with info during the buying process, and Austin has been a rock star with tech support/service. For anyone in Ontario Canada who is interested in this system, I recommend visiting InHome Golf in the GTA to check it out.

-Jake

Comment

• Can you buy this machine with a credit card?

Comment

• LondonGolf
              LondonGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t believe so. I had to wire the money. A bit scary, I’ll be honest...but all worked out just fine.

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that's a bit worrisome to me. Plus I wouldn't get all my bonus points on my Amazon card for spending 6k lol.

Kind of a bummer.

• Hi all, I am new to the Golf Simulator Forum and I am impressed with the amount of knowledge and experience this community has. I have been reading posts and topics on the Uneekor QED for months and finally bought the system a few months ago. My buddy has a Skytrak and told me I should create an account here to further help people with their questions about the system. I had tested it out extensively now. I am running it on an i7-9750H CPU @ 2.6 GHz with a GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. Overall I enjoy the system and watching my impact video. I find no issues with the hardware. Rarely do I get a no read. The response time is almost instant. Depending on your tee set up, there are 2 settings in the Z3CamTool. If you use BirdTees or regular tees "One Area Mode" must be set. If you have a permanent tee/auto tee, you make sure "One Area Mode" is OFF and set your tee position with the "red box." White drivers do not work all the time. So keep that in mind if you have white drivers. Look forward to adding to the pot of knowledge! -
            Attached Files

Comment

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome, glad to see you here.....

• jrz Here is the ball pattern not hard to duplicate, hard part is getting a marker that will not rub off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGCurtis2nd View Post
              jrz Here is the ball pattern not hard to duplicate, hard part is getting a marker that will not rub off.
              A poor mans way would be to use that template and get a hole punch (for paper) that is about the right size of the Dot. Use the template to put a small mark on the ball where the dots go. You can punch some dots from black vinyl and manually put them on one at a time and replace as needed. I used a 1/8" punch to do some testing once and they worked but may have been a bit small. That size also fit into the dimple of the ball and I also did not use the exact placement as in the template which also may have made things read a bit off, however even that ball read close to the GC2 numbers for back spin.

There is a member here that is a couple hours away that now has one and at some point will test out the smaller dot again with the right placement and see how things read. The reason the smaller dot was a better idea was that there was no way for the screen to rub on the vinyl dot as it was recessed. However direct contact with the club on the dot side would still compress the ball enough to tear off the dot. One can have a hitting side of the ball and just place it so that you strike in that area only. Short shots and putts would not matter.
              Last edited by SFR; 10-29-2019, 11:12 PM. Reason: more thoughts
              Mountain Time

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                BGCurtis2nd commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been working with a UV curable ink, just having a hard time finding a bulb that will cure it properly, also have been trying to check out some other products that may be usable.
            Working...
            X