Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @kchogan (NET) and @Wizard of Coz (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier!

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Sanderson Farms Championship with 2 rounds at Pine Valley ProTee Blue Tees by Craig118 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...gc-in-the-name
See more
See less

Uneekor - QED System - My Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor - QED System - My Review

My system arrived on Friday and I have now had a full day exploring and playing on the system. My short review is that I am blown away by this system. For those interested, I have written down some of my thoughts below because I know there are a lot of guys looking at this system. I will try not to ramble, but here goes.

Purchase Process From the very beginning, Doug Bybee has been a 1st class guy to deal with. Everything he has promised...price...product availability....features, etc has been met as promised. I paid what he said would be the price as stated at the PGA show. My unit shipped as promise and Doug even upgraded to FedEX overnight (at his expense) just to make sure I got the unit for the long 3 day weekend. He has brought on board Austin as the main technical support guy and I can tell you he too is 1st class all the way. These guys are excited about their product and it shows.

Installation. Physically installing the system took about 45 minutes and software about 30 minutes. The only hiccup I had was a bad IP address that was preventing the unit from communicating with the PC. One call to Austin fixed that and Austin said," hey, while I'm online with your computer do you want me to install everything?" Naturally I said yes, and within 1.5 hours of arriving home I had a fully functioning system. Here is a video of my sim room with the new Uneekor.

Hardware. As far as the system itself, I can find no fault. My buddy and I have played over 36 holes of golf and have had 0 "no reads " and 0 "mis-reads". I am still amazed at the technology that allows the 2 cameras to render the the ball in 3D. How they can get the shot of the club going through the ball with cameras that are 3.5 feet behind the golfer is mystifying to me. I agree with others who have tested the system side by side with trackman and GC2 that the Uneekor is on par with them if not better. I say better because in addition to the data, you get recorded, visual verification. Now the truly exceptional area that I like the most is in the putting and chipping. The system reads putts perfectly and when chipping will easily pick up flop shots, knock down shots,etc. I did a short video on putting to try and demonstrate.

Software. My take on the software is broken down into 2 areas. As far as practice, the Uneekor software is far and away the best I have played. The driving range includes a putting green and chipping area where you can move the ball around and setup any shot you like. In addition, there is a module called Short Game Complex which is super. It has 2 areas, a practice area where again, you can setup any shot you like and a game based drill that you play and try to get the highest scrore.....really fun and keeps you interested. Finally, in addition, there is a "practice mode" where you can go to any of your courses, any hole you want, and setup any shot you want....complete flexibility.

Also, another thing I like about the way they have built the system is the redundancy of data. By that I mean that you can get all the shot data, the camera through impact view, and the swing analysis in all of the above areas I have talked about....putting green, driving range, short game complex, and even the club fitting software which I did not get into very much. Here is a video I did of the Short Game Complex.

There is still much about the software that I have not gotten into.....but I have not seen any red flags or problems.

Now the 2nd area regarding software is the simulation or game playing. Specifically, let's compare to TGC2019. Honestly, there are some things the Uneekor home courses have that I wish would be brought into TGC 2019 like rough and sand play (penalties are stated on screen and are real), However, there are some things missing like hole flyover, multiple view angles, etc. As far as online tournaments and playing with others, they are not present in Uneekor system.

The good news is that within a couple of weeks, Uneekor will be integrated with TGC 2019. Here is another reason I like Doug and his group. Instead of just joining the other mfgs. and taking the easy road by using the ProTee interface, Uneekor has built their own interface directly with the HB Studies SDK which I believe will allow almost 0 shot delay. I have not been told this but it is only my opinion at this point.

Future Technology The last thing I want to point out is what will be happening over the next year or two. Doug has told me that there are many future enhancements in the works. Remember, this is not a beta product, it is a new translated product, but there are hundreds if not thousands of units out there. The Korean units already have auto-tees, moveable floor mats, rough/sand hitting mats, and much more. In fact, I believe the QED mobile app will be available soon so that you can access your data anywhere. Here is a link from the European Distributor.
    http://www.qed-golfsimulator.com/en_gb/

Finally, one of the first things you notice when you start the system is a box that lists any updates that were ran or need to be ran. Again, they have built into the system a way to push out firmware updates, etc. automatically. Austin told me that as long as I leave my unit connected to the internet, he will push out updates, etc as they happen. Again, these people do things right......

Sorry for rambling guys...but just so much stuff to report on. Let me know what you want to see and I will try to answer all requests as soon as I can.

Awesome review. I am really excited about this unit and looking at getting one for my sim. My only concern at this point is the club data and waiting for higher end balls which I hear is August. Did you notice any issues with club data? Did the guys there give you any insight to how it works without any dots and behind the club? Seems crazy but exciting if it's accurate!

Comment

• gene438
      gene438 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Doug has ordered the Bridgestone balls. I am actually going to reach out to a local guy who customizes golf balls to see what he will do. I have about 8 dozen of V1's that I have gotten from tournaments and stuff and would love to use those. I may try a V1 and mark it with a sharpie and then cover that with the clear coat that girls use on fingernails just to see the difference in numbers.

• gene438
      gene438 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not notice a big difference in club head data and the numbers I would get from my Protee which I think measure club head data very accurately, but so much has been going on I have cannot verify that 100%. I will ask the guys how the club head data is measured exactly.

For what it's worth the ProTee interface doesn't appear to add any delay on its own. The GC2 seems to have around a half second delay to calculate accurate backspin. The SkyTrak has to transfer pictures to your computer, then calculate the ball trajectory on your CPU.

Exciting to see new LMs get into people's hands! Thanks for the detailed writeup.

Comment

Gene thanks for taking time to do a great review - it's awesome to start seeing other options for sim, can't wait to see more. I know you have 17' wide screen but is there a way to do a offset for like 10' wide areas on uneekor software?

Comment

• gene438
        gene438 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not think so....if it is I have not come across it yet.

• Brettster
        Brettster commented
        Editing a comment
        Gene, I asked for the literature as well, and it shows Ideal Space Requirements of 13' wide (player in center), 12' distance form hitting screen, and 10' Ceiling height.

I am also wondering about these requirements as I don't believe there will be any way I can get to 17' wide in the space I have in mind. In fact it's only 12' wide, so I wonder if the Tech guy from Uneekor could comment on if it is possible, or how it is setup to handle 13' width?

• gene438
        gene438 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will reach out to Austin and ask the question about width and offet

Thanks for sharing great preliminary review!

Comment

Gene this is GrEAT! It’s great to hear from a long time forum member that knows other systems well. Exciting times for you!

Comment

Gene, all the hardware manufacturers are using the same sdk. Any delay is caused by the hardware needing time to process data.

Comment

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            My understanding is that Uneekor is not using the ProTee interface but has built their own interface based on the HB sdk. You guys used the HB sdk to build the ProTee interface, my point being that the other manufacturers just used yours and did not build an interface themselves.

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            All the supported manufacturers have build their own interface using the ProTee SDK like Uneekor did. The ProTee Interface is for ProTee, like the SkyTrak interface for SkyTrak, the ES2020 interface for ES2020, the Trackman interface for Trackman, etc.

Thanks for the review and the videos. You have a nice clean setup. Im certainly encouraged by your review. What did you think of the club data? Also, with no miss hits, I'm assuming the area you can strike the ball from is quite large.

Comment

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I was also concerned about hitting area but was relieved to see how big it actually is. During the calibration process, you lay down and black//white grid that is provided and you center the hitting area around it. My hitting mat is 12 x 24. I know it will register the entire width and I'm guessing about 18" of the length. It picks up the ball quickly but can sometimes lose and reregister the ball if you wiggle your club behind the ball a lot or if you stand behind the ball and block the sensor....plus the annoying voice. I will have to either find a way to eliminate that or change the voice file. I played a lot of holes with sound off.

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as club data, I did not notice a big difference from my ProTee but, I have not really paid a lot of attention to it. I will in the coming days. But my shot shaping and ability to move the ball left/right which I do primarily by altering my swing path was spot on.

Thanks for sharing. Looks to be an awesome system. The putting and short game practice looked amazing. It's great to see another option in the sim world with a product that performs so well out of the box!

Comment

Nice review Gene. I am interested in how large the hitting area is. Until you get a chance to run a GC2 side by side, you can check the accuracy of the system by measuring the ball mark on your screen and do the math using a right angle triangle calculator. http://www.csgnetwork.com/righttricalc.html Stereo cameras on the ceiling can be very accurate. LA and HA should be within 1/2 degree. My stereo GSA system can pick up HA as great as 15 degrees and LA from 1 to 59 degrees. I expect that Uneekor will be similar. Putting looks great. I bet that you can't wait for TGC. I am not liking the graphics compared to TGC but the features of the Uneekor system looks really good.

Comment

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Being that your cameras are quite close to the hitting area, Uneekor should be able to pick up the biggest shanks along with the biggest flop shots.

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              Keither, i can confirm that the system can pick up tremendous shanks......

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, I can almost miss the screen. Yours should be even more since the cameras are closer to you. Actually, if people miss the screen, they are usually asked politely to put the club away and have another drink.

Hey guys, i took a video this morning of the Ignite software which is the club fitting software. It's only been a couple of days, but I actually like hitting in this software the most...especially if I just want to flip on the system and only have a few minutes to hit balls.

Again, I want to emphasize what I really think is the hidden jewel in this system and that is the redundancy of data and technology. Once again, in this module just like the others, you get the same great camera views, through the ball impact and the whole range of data points....but in this moduel, they add in comparison tracking, various views of the ball flight, and what I think is the greatest thing which is swing analysis with the ability to draw lines, etc.

One note, Doug told me they are coming out with some fantastic cameras, but I could not wait, so I just hooked up some cameras I had laying around. I'm sure cameras they select for the system will be better....but I think my old cameras look good enough.....but full disclosure, these are not Uneekor cameras, just some I had laying around. Here is the video.

Sorry guys, the swing analysis camera was so dark, I wanted you to see what it should look like....to lazy to redo the whole video, so here is a snippet just showing you the swing analysis camera.

Last edited by gene438; 05-26-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• jrz
              jrz commented
              Editing a comment
              What cameras are you using for the swing analysis videos?

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              The back camera is Logitech HD Pro Webcam, the front camera is an ELP HD USB Camera.......

Thanks for the fantastic review. Not a fan of how the ball flies out and the flashing cursor while it does, but love the short game complex. Are there any other driving range options? Would be nice to set a target green at whatever yardage you want. Also curious if this is still ~$6000 for the hardware and software? That's a really competitive price and a good option for a dedicated golf room.

Comment

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, you can set up any target at any yardage...you can do it in Short Game Complex or you can do it in Practice Mode on one of the courses. The pricing for basic system is $6000. Does not include swing analysis cameras which are coming out later.....I just used ones I already had.

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              Gene,can you confirm the videos are with the $6,000 base system? Wow, can’t wait to get to a point I can purchase my own - probably another 3-4 months...

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can go to their website to see different packages but none come with the swing analysis cameras... those are additional.... the ones I am using are inexpensive. Uneekor will have their own available shortly but I do not know anything about them

How high does the Uneekor ysystem need to be mounted? Is there a certain distance? I have around 9.5" ceilings as well - was was wondering if the ceilings are lower if it would still work ok?

Comment

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              The stated suggested minimum is 9 ft. Mine is 9 ft. 4 inches.

Gene438, thanks for taking time to review the system. Do you mind replying back with your computer specs and whether you feel like it is powerful enough to run the software efficiently?

Comment

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              For some reason I cannot copy/paste them here. I have Intel I-7 4001 mhz, 4 core, with Nvidia 1070 card

Review much appreciated. If the face on camera part of system and included in price? What type of camera is used?

Comment

• gene438
              gene438 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, the price of the swing analysis cameras are not included...in fact, Uneekor has not put out their "official" camera yet....I just used 2 I had laying around.
          Working...
          X