Uneekor - QED System - My Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor - QED System - My Review

My system arrived on Friday and I have now had a full day exploring and playing on the system. My short review is that I am blown away by this system. For those interested, I have written down some of my thoughts below because I know there are a lot of guys looking at this system. I will try not to ramble, but here goes.

Purchase Process From the very beginning, Doug Bybee has been a 1st class guy to deal with. Everything he has promised...price...product availability....features, etc has been met as promised. I paid what he said would be the price as stated at the PGA show. My unit shipped as promise and Doug even upgraded to FedEX overnight (at his expense) just to make sure I got the unit for the long 3 day weekend. He has brought on board Austin as the main technical support guy and I can tell you he too is 1st class all the way. These guys are excited about their product and it shows.

Installation. Physically installing the system took about 45 minutes and software about 30 minutes. The only hiccup I had was a bad IP address that was preventing the unit from communicating with the PC. One call to Austin fixed that and Austin said," hey, while I'm online with your computer do you want me to install everything?" Naturally I said yes, and within 1.5 hours of arriving home I had a fully functioning system. Here is a video of my sim room with the new Uneekor.

Hardware. As far as the system itself, I can find no fault. My buddy and I have played over 36 holes of golf and have had 0 "no reads " and 0 "mis-reads". I am still amazed at the technology that allows the 2 cameras to render the the ball in 3D. How they can get the shot of the club going through the ball with cameras that are 3.5 feet behind the golfer is mystifying to me. I agree with others who have tested the system side by side with trackman and GC2 that the Uneekor is on par with them if not better. I say better because in addition to the data, you get recorded, visual verification. Now the truly exceptional area that I like the most is in the putting and chipping. The system reads putts perfectly and when chipping will easily pick up flop shots, knock down shots,etc. I did a short video on putting to try and demonstrate.

Software. My take on the software is broken down into 2 areas. As far as practice, the Uneekor software is far and away the best I have played. The driving range includes a putting green and chipping area where you can move the ball around and setup any shot you like. In addition, there is a module called Short Game Complex which is super. It has 2 areas, a practice area where again, you can setup any shot you like and a game based drill that you play and try to get the highest scrore.....really fun and keeps you interested. Finally, in addition, there is a "practice mode" where you can go to any of your courses, any hole you want, and setup any shot you want....complete flexibility.

Also, another thing I like about the way they have built the system is the redundancy of data. By that I mean that you can get all the shot data, the camera through impact view, and the swing analysis in all of the above areas I have talked about....putting green, driving range, short game complex, and even the club fitting software which I did not get into very much. Here is a video I did of the Short Game Complex.

There is still much about the software that I have not gotten into.....but I have not seen any red flags or problems.

Now the 2nd area regarding software is the simulation or game playing. Specifically, let's compare to TGC2019. Honestly, there are some things the Uneekor home courses have that I wish would be brought into TGC 2019 like rough and sand play (penalties are stated on screen and are real), However, there are some things missing like hole flyover, multiple view angles, etc. As far as online tournaments and playing with others, they are not present in Uneekor system.

The good news is that within a couple of weeks, Uneekor will be integrated with TGC 2019. Here is another reason I like Doug and his group. Instead of just joining the other mfgs. and taking the easy road by using the ProTee interface, Uneekor has built their own interface directly with the HB Studies SDK which I believe will allow almost 0 shot delay. I have not been told this but it is only my opinion at this point.

Future Technology The last thing I want to point out is what will be happening over the next year or two. Doug has told me that there are many future enhancements in the works. Remember, this is not a beta product, it is a new translated product, but there are hundreds if not thousands of units out there. The Korean units already have auto-tees, moveable floor mats, rough/sand hitting mats, and much more. In fact, I believe the QED mobile app will be available soon so that you can access your data anywhere. Here is a link from the European Distributor.

Finally, one of the first things you notice when you start the system is a box that lists any updates that were ran or need to be ran. Again, they have built into the system a way to push out firmware updates, etc. automatically. Austin told me that as long as I leave my unit connected to the internet, he will push out updates, etc as they happen. Again, these people do things right......

Sorry for rambling guys...but just so much stuff to report on. Let me know what you want to see and I will try to answer all requests as soon as I can.

Must have been a good day for Doug. I ordered mine today as well.

Comment

I ordered mine on Friday! My first simulator.

Comment

• VenturaHacker
        VenturaHacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got mine, my first as well. Couldn’t bring myself to put the trigger on cost of a gc2 combo, then this came along and Gene’s review sealed the deal. I hope he isn’t shilling for QED, just kidding Gene. What are your plans for your simulator?

• gene438
        gene438 commented
        Editing a comment
        The problem with you guys buying a QED as your first simulator is that you will have no appreciation of having to setup lights or cameras, having to control lighting in the room, having to make sure your launch monitor is level, or where is the little red dot, or why is my shot not registering, etc.etc. I could go on and on....you guys will just throw down a ball and hit and wonder why do guys bitch so much....lol...enjoy!!!
        Last edited by gene438; 06-07-2019, 09:18 PM.

Gene have you had any shots where the club data seems way off? I just watched this on YouTube and it seems way off to me

Comment

• gene438
        gene438 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerry, specifically what numbers seem off to you, I will try to devise a test for you but I would like to know which numbers do you question...

• jerry3
        jerry3 commented
        Editing a comment
        gene438 the numbers that seem off sometimes are club path and face angle based off a few videos I've seen, so far the spin seems to be good

• BGCurtis2nd
        BGCurtis2nd commented
        Editing a comment
        Black club heads are a bit of a problem for the QED, I cracked the shaft in my Mizuno and had to use a Callaway til my new shaft came in. Started seeing wild club head numbers so I put a strip of red 3/4" duck across the top of mine club head and the club information went to normal for the ball numbers.

Jerry, I noticed this today while playing... I had a drive that said 136mph club speed, but the ball flight was correct. My club speed is usually 118 to 120. I'd say 98 percent of the time it shows the right speed. Even if the club data is off the ball still flies correctly.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you planning on uploading any video of yourself playing? Maybe stream a round or something so we can check out some ball and club data as you work your way around the course.

• JG GOLF
        JG GOLF commented
        Editing a comment
        I can, I won't be home for a week so it will be a while. Good news is I'll have my custom printed ProV1s to do some testing on when I get back.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Look forward to checking it out. The early reviews look really positive so far.

JG GOLF how about the club path and club face measurements do they seem to be accurate most of the time as well?

Comment

• JG GOLF
        JG GOLF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes - those are accurate. The only thing I've ever noticed is the club speed/ball speed. Every now and then it's inflated, but the actual flight of the ball is normal... it's like there is something that is just DISPLAYING the wrong speed but it's actually CALCULATING the correct speed.

• gene438
        gene438 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with JG....I have never had the actual ball flight seem off or weird.... I have noticed some discrepancies isn displaying data in TGC....but again, the ball flight seems always solid

I would've been able to test the club data specifically since I have the HMT. Bummer.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe that's why you didn't get one?

LEO MODE
      Is there something preventing you from testing?

Comment

• LEO MODE
        LEO MODE commented
        Editing a comment
        They weren’t willing to send a test unit

• jerry3
        jerry3 commented
        Editing a comment
        LEO MODE that would be nice if they could do that, you've put together some nice reviews

Originally posted by VenturaHacker View Post
      Woohoo, Uneekor unit arrived today! Based on reading a lot of the forum posts, I’ve ordered a projector, enclosure from Carl’s and mat, all on the way for my first simulator setup! A little elbow grease and I should be good to go.
      I’m looking at getting a kit from Carl’s too. Can you take a photo of your setup?

Comment

• VenturaHacker
        VenturaHacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure, here’s the beginning. Haven’t yet mounted the uneekor or run permanent wiring. One area that’s a little more work than expected is getting the projector and uneekor mounted in a way that the uneekor line of sight isn’t obstructed. My particular short throw projector does not have optical zoom so needs to be in a specific spot on the ceiling (which happens to be over the mat). So 3.5 feet back from tee area puts the uneekor pretty close to the projector. Working it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02BE5071-E0F7-4EF2-85CB-75E1B9B74F82.jpeg
Views:	2668
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	211132

Comment

Name:	image_12794.jpg
Views:	3141
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	211152

Mine is setup pretty close to the same way. I had to buy a different mount for the projector to get it as flush to the ceiling as possible.

Comment

• VenturaHacker
          VenturaHacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great setup, unfortunately my projector needs to hang down about 2 feet from the 10 foot ceiling to get within the frame of the 8 foot tall screen, the height of which is limited by the ceiling sloping down to 8 feet. I’ll get it worked out.

VenturaHacker What kind of light is that on the rail?

Comment

Originally posted by VenturaHacker View Post

Name:	02BE5071-E0F7-4EF2-85CB-75E1B9B74F82.jpeg
Views:	2668
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	211132
        What size is your kit?

Comment

• VenturaHacker
          VenturaHacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Custom 156 by 96 screen, plus the additional margin from the frame.

Does anyone have any concerns with his projector being so close to the ceiling (ventilation wise)? My Optima manual says I need a 12" drop. I'd like to bring mine up so I have less of a chance interfering with my Uneekor when I make my sim. My projector will be at 11' from the screen and the Uneekor will be at 13.5'.

Comment

• rjd1975
          rjd1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good question but I haven't had any issues with mine and it is mounted about 3 or 4 inches from the ceiling.

• Gman17
          Gman17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks rjd1975!

• gene438
          gene438 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gman, it sounds like your system will be about the same as mine. I too have the Optima 1080 and it's about 2 feet in front of my QED. It has not been a problem at all.

Has anybody found a review/comparison of the Uneekor data with a foresight product for both ball and club data. I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a definitive review yet.

Comment

A couple questions on your build. What are you using for the synlawn to hit off from? (is it tee strike) What is the depth of your sub floor underneath the putting surface? What gel mat do you have underneath? Also what price did you pay for Uneekor and do you find the distances as good as CG2?

Comment

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did a video on the gel pad that I think answers all of your questions. https://youtu.be/rlGhJxV9UcY. But basically made top out of my NP55 turf that matches my putting surface, with 5/8 in get pad. and 2.20 of other padding. My subfloor is about 2 3/4 inch high which was determined originally to allow for a protee sensor pad.

As far as the Uneekor, I purchased the Success package which is the top package. But you can get the 6K, 7k, or the 8K versions. Look at their website for the differences.

I've had my unit now for several months and I can honestly say that I am very, very happy with it. There have been some software upgrades improving the system, but honestly once setup, the system just works...day in and day out.

I believe the ball data is as accurate as anything out there. There are some reports that the club head data can be off on certain clubs, etc. but to me I think the club head data is accurate as well.....PLUS, you actually see the Club Head coming into the ball. Can't get more accurate that that.

If you need more into on build, let me know.

• Stackchaser
            Stackchaser commented
            Editing a comment
            I use the synlawn precision putt for everything and it has held up very well. Just starting to see a little wear in color after thousands of shots. Has a gel insert under the mat and doesn't bother my cubital tunnel. Thicker than a mat at a range but you can putt on it as well.
        Working...
        X