This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor QED now integrated with TGC2019

OK guys...it's done. I'm telling you, these guys don't mess around. I received the interface from Uneekor today and ProTee converted my license over within 15 minutes of my request. These two companies together are 1st class customer driven all the way.....kudos to both companies.

Bottom line - The integrations is seamless, solid, and easy to install. There is zero shot delay and I believe all data is flowing over. As usual, I have put together a video showing how to setup and run the program, plus a couple of holes showing driver, iron, chipping and putting. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see something specific.......

Wow. Looks amazing with TGC 2019. No shot delay at all, very impressive! Thanks for sharing! Putting and chipping so real. Uneekor definitely has made a great product.

Comment

Thank you Gene. I'm sold.

Comment

Awesome Gene, thanks for sharing! As Blitz says, putting and chipping are so realistic, and accurate that it makes you feel you are really playing the course. Man, I’m getting more and more excited by the thought of getting my sim in place.. and using Uneekor and TGC. it won’t be long now!

I do wonder about one thing, with any putt that is longer than 8 feet, you have to adjust to hitting it harder, right over the hole if you want it to go straight. I wonder if Uneekor thought about another way this could work on longer putts? That seems to be the only shortcoming, which might be able to be solved, maybe a ramp for longer putts ( the way the E6 system works?) I’ll think some more on how that could work, maybe a plastic ball that you have to hit harder, so the 8 feet is really a 12 foot putt?

Overall its a great integration - Wow!

Comment

• gene438
          gene438 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well remember, the floor and putting cup or mine and separate from Uneekor.... some guys just use a hitting mat and have to visualize the entire put....your right, a ramp might help, it’s all about whatever helps you visualize the length of putt and stroke it accordingly ..... for me I just play to my cup as 10 feet
          Last edited by gene438; 05-29-2019, 12:42 PM.

• cmckelvmi
          cmckelvmi commented
          Editing a comment
          I imagine you will see a shortcoming with every simulation system when it comes to putting. My guess is you're thinking too much into it...

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          gene438 - I understand all of that, and I've played on many other simulators, all of them without cups, so I know how that goes.

I saw in your video how you use the cup to help with alignment and on using the multiple balls at 2', 4' and 6'. What I don't see is how you can look at a cup 8' out and try to imagine hitting it exactly hard enough to go 23.5', or 16.0', or any number that is longer than the 8'-9' that your cup is at? I posted a much longer response on another thread about this because I would like to know that I could use the Uneekor to practice with in all aspects of my game.

cmckelvmi - maybe to you it seems like I'm 'thinking to much' about it. Have you played a fair amount of simulator golf already, and have you ever seen that simulator golf/practice translate into improvement (or deterioration) in your game on the course? Once that happens is when you start thinking about these kind of things.

gene438 is it possible you show a lefty righty game when your buddies come over?

Comment

Any reason why you have to select R or L handed in the beginning? I'm assuming it should work for both if you have both playing.

Comment

• Ports
            Ports commented
            Editing a comment
            That was my though exactly. I think I seen lh appear in that window, maybe select both if you are using both?

Gene, at the beginning when you had to choose LH or RH, does that mean that both can't play at the same time?

Comment

Where/when do we order ours? Their website is just a landing page right now...

Comment

I posted this in the other thread but then realized I should have posted it here under TGC2019. Here is a demo of how well you can calibrate the QED to TGC2019 for putting. It really brings a whole other level to your enjoyment of the sim experience when you can putt with confidence in the accuracy of the monitor.......

Comment

I never thought about the left/right hand scenario....I know in the QED software, for each player you click whether the person is left or right. I know it handles both. You have to designate so that the system knows how to properly read the spin of ball, etc.

I don't know how that is handle in the TGC integration. I will send an email to Doug and ask.

Comment

Gene438, I actually looked at the product today and am going to talk to Doug in the morning to clarify some things. I will report back what he says about LH/RH on the integrations. Thanks for all your time answering questions.

Comment

I think it's mentioned the GCHawk has a 'dead mans zone' strip in the middle for LH/RH changes. Maybe the Uneekor has a similar area, although with how much of a FOV Gene showed it's not likely.

Comment

As more people continue to pick up this unit I am interested to see how accurate the club data ends up being. I see some small discrepancies in the videos I have been watching. For example, this putt looks definitely pushed, but TGC shows it as straight swing and square club face:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	putt.png
Views:	4283
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	208979

This drive also looks suspect to me, although admittedly its hard to tell in a video. But the ball looks pretty straight when he hits it, but it shoots straight right in TGC.

Comment

• gene438
                        gene438 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mike, I think you have some legit concerns....I really do need to do some testing on TGC integration. But I think there are some TGC issues at play. For example, in TGC, when I putt, immediately in the bottom right screen it will say for example - 7 ft. but in the followup analysis screen it will show distance of 10 ft. Now this is all in TGC. I am really not sure if the shot analysis screen in TGC is reflecting the data being sent over......

I can tell you on the drive you mention I in fact purposely hit the ball to the right and was attempting to put a slight fade....of course I really, really opened it more than I intended. That hole if you hit straight you go completely through the fairway....my shot was an attempt to hit over the trees with slight fade....I actually think the system reads were perfect on that shot.

Good to know Gene your videos are really helping me make a purchase decision! Hopefully these are just some bugs with the tgc integration that can be fixed easily. After all it's still new. I do wish they could pass deviation on the club face. I know gc2 doesn't either but it would be cool to see if you hit a toe or heel strike.

Comment

• gene438
                        gene438 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree...I will say that with the video of the club coming through the ball, I was surprised how oftern I hit towards the outside of my irons....but then I looked at my 7 iron and higher and I can see the wear pattern indicating the same...duh....but something about seeing it in the video stuck with me and I am trying to improve on it now....

gene438 Did you need to purchase a Hardware Platform Transfer from Protee? https://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-...dware-platform

Comment

Working...
                    X