Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do a Uneekor install with a little less space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do a Uneekor install with a little less space?

Just wondering if anyone has done a Uneekor install successfully with less than the recommended amount of space between the camera and the impact screen? If I do an install in my garage, there is a good place for me to mount the Uneekor system, but it means I will be hitting from only 10' from the screen at best. Doug and Travis at Uneekor say this should be fine, but just wondering if anyone has done this already? Secondly, the beam is 11' high, so I would need to find a mount that can lower it 1-2' to get it into acceptable range, which is 9-10' high. Anyone have the same issues?

Omg... Why are people not understanding camera technology.... People.... It has a hitting zone of like 2 square feet or something. THAT'S ALL THE SPACE THE UNEEKOR NEEDS!

Camera based launch monitors only care about seeing the ball in the hitting zone. They don't care what happens elsewhere.

If you can swing a club you can use camera based launch monitors.

Comment

• Stackchaser
      Stackchaser commented
      Editing a comment
      Not being the post police and I know your intentions are for the best, but give the thread starter a break. He may not understand camera tech or want to make 100000000% sure everything is going to work before he plops down $6-8k and then has to tell the wife the tech doesn't work as his space is too small. Thanks for the reply as I want to make sure as well before I order and am going to be closer than suggested. Its new tech and I do not want any issues and think original poster doesn't either.

• JackedUpSwing
      JackedUpSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      There have been so many threads/comments about this topic. Yes it's mainly because the uneekor brochure is written poorly, but if you did the least bit of research on this forum you would know better.

• Gawlfa
      Gawlfa commented
      Editing a comment
      JackedUpSwing - funny, my questions were very similar to the questions you posted to GSA. The brochure recommended a min of 16 feet and I only have around 13-14 feet. Simple question. No need to get hostile. I didn’t want to spend 8k and find out my space won’t work. I am new to sim golf and currently use a SkyTrak and hit into a net. I’m only four or five feet from the net, so I thought I’d ask the nice folks on this forum for advice.

I dont think you will have any issues with being only 10' from the screen. At the PGA show in orlando their demo setup was about that anyway.

Comment

According to Doug at Uneekor, "this is recommended mainly for safety from ricochets etc. 10 feet is fine, but does sometimes feel cramped according to some…" I wish they would just update the requirements to remove the distance from the screen altogether, as this truly has no impact on the system.

Comment

I don't understand Gawlfa's statement of "only hitting from 10' from the screen". All I have read in this forum is that the normal hitting distance is 8 to 10 feet from the screen. Am I missing something? I am currently building a sim and am curious to know.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
          JackedUpSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          You can hit from as close as the screen as you can swing without hitting the screen. The closer you are to the screen, the higher the chance you can have some bounce back issues. There are ways to eliminate most of the bounce back and have the ball drop just a few feet from the screen. (tension, memory foam backing, etc.)

It makes no difference for camera based LMs.

For radar based LMs the ball has to fly for a certain amount of time before it hits the screen for the radar based system to gather enough data to project an accurate ball flight.

• lawrencejp42
          lawrencejp42 commented
          Editing a comment
          I find this discussion very interesting as I am in the process of considering the installation of the Uneekor QED. I have had many of the same questions and more and have answers from experts that I find in some cases contradictory. One of the confusing issues is hitting distance from screen. The Uneekor brochure has an installation environment diagram showing the hitting area 12 ft behind the screen with the Uneekor 3 1/2 ft behind the hitting area. Now if I understand this discussion the hitting area can be much closer to the screen which significantly changes room length limitations. But I find no discussion of projector location and wonder if you are hitting from 10 ft or closer will the ST projector work properly. I will be interested in any comments on this subject.

I feel it was a great question Gawlfa to be honest, especially before someone would fork over 6k to 8k for a simulator. I asked the same questions prior to install myself. My mat had to be moved up due to my space behind my hitting are and I would say the center of my hitting mat is now about 7 feet from the screen. The main parameter that cannot be adjusted is that your QED sensor must be 3 feet, 6 inches behind your hitting mat. You would also want to have 9 foot ceilings or taller. There is some slight room for offset as well as I would estimate the hitting area to be around 18 inches x 18 inches. This is the area in which the ball will be read by the sensor. I had that question as well because I have the Truestrike mat and was worried about putting if the ball hit the plastic lip on the edge of the mat and popped up. The area is adjustable within the sensor range however so there is a bit of flex there that you wouldn't have with a typical launch monitor placed on the floor. If I can answer any questions for anyone here just let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X