Skytrak vs Uneekor QED Ball Flight Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak vs Uneekor QED Ball Flight Test

Newest video on our channel in which I compare the ball flight and data of both the Skytrak Launch Monitor and the Uneekor QED simulator side by side on the same golf shots to see how each of the units interpret the ball and club data as well as shot type. This is not a review or head to head video between the two but it is interesting to see how both of the units calculate and measure data and how that equates to different numbers on each system when comparing. Let me know if you have any questions on either.

Thanks for watching!

Roland (Garage Golf)

Pretty tough to play with a skytrack user who is consistently getting a 20 yard bonus on every shot!

Comment

• Garage_Golf
      Garage_Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      That is most likely only on their native app. Programs such as TGC 2019 use the data collected from the Skytrak and apply their algorithms to keep things universal between users of Skytrak vs. Uneekor etc. Overall though the numbers were close besides the difference in rollout.

• rjd1975
      rjd1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      Garage_Golf, that is a good point. I have a Skytrak right now and I had been using the 5% boost on the driver that is allowed on the tour but I recently turned it off because I would prefer actual numbers vs inflated. That said, it hard to know what is perfectly accurate.

• Garage_Golf
      Garage_Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      So very true! The only thing we can do is see how we do in normal outdoor situations and go from there when getting a feel between each. If only I had a large flat open field, Skytrak, QED with bracket, wiring, calibration, etc., a shaded Gabezo or metal workshop in which I could mount the QED and keep Skytrak out of the sun so there is not interference while still hitting out to the open field, marked balls for Uneekor that work on both units, a very long tape measure and people to mark where the ball not only landed but also rolled out to as well then I would be golden! Lol. That would be one heck of an undertaking for certain but a cool experiment. Maybe one day with enough money I'll set it up!

great comparison. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get my Uneekor!

Comment

• Garage_Golf
      Garage_Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for the kind words. If I can help answer any questions on the Uneekor just let me know. Have you already ordered yours?

Here is a pic comparing the numbers. These were taken from the final shot charts near the end of the video. Some of these readings are slightly different than what was shown during the actual shot. Click image for larger version  Name:	ST v Uneekor Readings.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.3 KB ID:	210064

Comment

• Garage_Golf
      Garage_Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that is pretty cool! Yes the numbers were different on the final screen in my video only because I took out Driver shot 1. I left it in the video to show my horrible shot but thought for data purposes I would exclude it on both units because of the poor strike. Very cool to see on Excel though wbond. I may use an image of that if you are ok with it. Thanks for posting that!

Thanks Garage_Golf . Just wondering how your real life distances compare to these two units. I have a Skytrak and find it to be about 5-8% off, on the short side. So I would be longer IRL.

Comment

• Garage_Golf
      Garage_Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Whiskeyjack. I do a lot of shots with my 7 iron for sure and can confidently say that I average around 155 carry on solid strikes with wind and elevation being as close to normal as possible on a course. For a driver that number would be somewhere between the 210 to 215 carry range on solid strikes with all conditions being the same. (Flat Surface, Little to no wind). Again very hard because conditions always seem to play a factor outdoors but I would say pretty close. From what I see with averages between the two especially with the driver I was pretty impressed with what I saw as far as them being very close to each other and accurate ball flight.

Garage_Golf No problem on using the image. Although, i meant that uneekor's numbers change on the form vs the numbers from the actual shot when you hit. Not sure why, but many times the number after the decimal changed. For skytrak on the screen when hitting you don't get decimal places but when you got to the shot history you can get it there.

Comment

• Garage_Golf
      Garage_Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh got it. Thanks so much. Good catch on your end for sure. I'll look into that further with some testing to see why that may be.

Does Skytrak always assume a certain smash factor? I may be off base but I was wondering if that could be key ingredient on a difference. If the skytrak always calculates off a fixed smash factor and simulators that measure club and ball can calculate it then that seems like it would lead to a variance on miss-hits (or on perfect hits). Does that make sense?

Comment

Differences will be based on the ball speed and spin which are bigger contributors to carry distance. Then you have each others algorithms which will also contribute to differences. Club data is completely useless with skytrak and should be ignored. They are throwing out guesses and who knows exactly what it's based on.
      Originally posted by rjd1975 View Post
      Does Skytrak always assume a certain smash factor? I may be off base but I was wondering if that could be key ingredient on a difference. If the skytrak always calculates off a fixed smash factor and simulators that measure club and ball can calculate it then that seems like it would lead to a variance on miss-hits (or on perfect hits). Does that make sense?

Comment

Thanks wbond and Garage_Golf Very interesting data below is what my observation of your data is...

Ball Speeds
        Skytrak ball speed has been known to be accurate up until the higher ball speeds (I believe 150 mph +) so it appears Uneekor is under reporting ball speed at lower swing speeds and over reporting ball speed on higher swing speeds.

Spin Axis
        Uneekor is showing quite a bit less of a leftward spin axis than Skytrak, I believe that Uneekor might be the more accurate data point here, the reason being is that GC2 and GCQ have been shown to over exaggerate the left side spin and that is basically the same tech as Skytrak. I believe that the side view launch monitors might struggle on spin axis and horizontal launch angle more than the overhead tech.

Back Spin
        Basically identical.

Vertical Launch Angle
        Uneekor seems to slightly under report the launch angle if you believe Skytrak to be more accurate, and I do because the side view tech should be very easy to measure vertical launch.

Horizontal Launch Direction
        Uneekor shows more of a right launch bias, which I believe to be more accurate than Skytrak because overhead tech should be better at measuring this than the side view tech.

Carry
        Uneekor seems to under report the carry distance, this is most likely because of the ball speed issue and the vertical launch difference.

I'll be very interested to see a few other people post there comparisons to either a GC2/GCQ or a Trackman.

Comment

• Garage_Golf
          Garage_Golf commented
          Editing a comment
          Great observations Jerry! I look forward to continued testing on this and keeping everyone updated.

I currently have a GC2 and will be receiving my Uneekor on Friday. I would like to compare, but I believe I saw somewhere that the flash in the GC2 messed with the Uneekor's readings when running both simultaneously. I'll find out for sure on Friday.

Comment

• Garage_Golf
          Garage_Golf commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep me posted on your test. If you have any questions post install please don't hesitate to reach out. You can email me anytime.
          Last edited by GSF_Admin; 06-13-2019, 09:47 AM. Reason: Do not post personal details please. Thank you.

Love your videos Garage_Golf. Do you have any friends with 150mph+ ball speeds? Would love to see a Skytrak vs Uneekor driver test with that.

Comment

• Garage_Golf
          Garage_Golf commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me see what I can do Paul. I may be able to get Danny from our channel to see if he can get the driver ball speed up that high. He normally hits his drive 275 to 300 range so I'll put him on the sim and see if we can test that out.

Hey Roland,

Which sim do you like better?

Comment

• Garage_Golf
          Garage_Golf commented
          Editing a comment
          Sim company or Simulator Program? If you are asking which sim company I like better that is a bit of a loaded question, Lol. One is priced at $1695.00 in Skytrak and the other at $8000.00 in Uneekor QED for their top end model. I love what both companies are doing but neither are perfect, as we can obviously say about all of us as well. I have been a loyal Skytrak user for over 4 years now and that's how I got started with everything in my setup and my channel and how I was able to afford to do so. Now that I have some additional options I am thoroughly enjoying Uneekor QED and am loving the camera that records the swing at impact and where it makes contact with the ball. For a top end setup that is purely meant for sim use or training purposes it is ideal. For the portability aspect and being financially able to afford to build out an entire simulator from the ground up from scratch for under 8k or so that is where Skytrak really shines and as you can see from the video the ball flight is very close minus some rollout.
      Working...
      X