Two Part Ball Marking Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Part Ball Marking Question

1Could you use a dry erase marker on Uneekor and have it read the results? 2. Can dry erase marker be easily removed from an impact screen? Seems like it would be a lot of work to use this method because you would have to reapply all the time and then wipe the screen...but could it work?

The impact screens are kind of like cloth, cleaning it would be terrible.

Comment

I don't see anyone going down this path. Way too much work even if it could read. Screen would be a mess before you'd finish one round.

Comment

• rjd1975
        rjd1975 commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably right...I was just fishing. I really want one of these systems but the ball is holding me back more than anything. I believe a solution will present itself soon. I think the E series Bridgestone ball in August is a step in the right direction but I want either are premium option or the ability to get my own ball done.

I'm working on a new method to mark the ball of your choosing for use with the Uneekor. Working great but still testing.

Comment

• JG GOLF
        JG GOLF commented
        Editing a comment
        HarryB I'm intrigued... What method are you using?

• HarryB
        HarryB commented
        Editing a comment
        JG: I'm basically using a custom decal methodology with an extra layer of adhesive. What's cool about it is that the ink faces inward with a layer of clear over, so it will never come near your screen. In this regard, these balls are safer than custom logo'd ball.

Once you guys get uneekor and sell gc2/hmt just keep your hmt stickers and stick away. That might start to shred your impact screen though. Maybe cheaper to do that $100 a dozen gig.
      what a conundrum for you lefties that should just become righties. Rjd1975
      Last edited by Wizard of Coz; 06-16-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
        Once you guys get uneekor and sell gc2/hmt just keep your hmt stickers and stick away. That might start to shred your impact screen though. Maybe cheaper to do that $100 a dozen gig.
        Uneekor doesn’t use reflective markings so pretty much a waste of the HMT dots. Not sure if it would even work as it is using the pattern to track spin, I’m sure it’s going to be much more difficult to identify location of the dots as the definition of the dots will not be great as they are reflective. I’m sure their image processing is tuned for high contrast black in white.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry man. Im just full of sarcasm and giving the business to my match play partner Randy whom is a lefty.

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe just use a black permanent marker and just mark deep into the dimple so it hopefully doesn't mess up impact screen.??

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
        I don't know what you are are talking about. HMT stickers will not work with the Uneekor because they are not black. I get it that you love your GC2/HMT but the marked balls for the Uneekor are just not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wundej View Post

Uneekor doesn’t use reflective markings so pretty much a waste of the HMT dots. Not sure if it would even work as it is using the pattern to track spin, I’m sure it’s going to be much more difficult to identify location of the dots as the definition of the dots will not be great as they are reflective. I’m sure their image processing is tuned for high contrast black in white.
          very true. need black dots not reflective.

Comment

I wonder if this is a software issue that Uneekor can tweak. I used an AboutGolf sim once and their balls had these random black lines throughout. It didn't appear as there was a specific pattern to the lines.

Comment

Here is one of their balls. They must sell them to their customer....one would think.Click image for larger version

Name:	AG Golf Balls.JPG
Views:	846
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	210966

Comment

Gman17 for the win! I could have sworn the pattern seemed more random than that. Of course I am going off memory from the Toledo Golf Show in February.

Comment

The AboutGolf pattern is not random.

Comment

Does anyone know how much replacement balls are from Uneekor?
                    Last edited by Uk101jkt; 06-19-2019, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• rjd1975
                      rjd1975 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would wait until August (if possible) because they will have the Bridgestone option. I think they are $30 for 2 dozen.

• Wizard of Coz
                      Wizard of Coz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That doesn't sound like a urethane cover at $15 per dozen. If it is that is a sweet deal.

Ok it’s August now. Any word from you Uneekor owners? I will be purchasing mine at the end of the month after I close on my house...

Comment

• rjd1975
                      rjd1975 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Their upgraded balls are only two piece balls. They are former e-series Bridgestone balls. They will be available on 16 August. I am sure you can get their other balls now if you wanted but I would still wait. For now, premium balls will still need to be made by placing the stickers on the ball. I believe there are two people making stickers for the balls.

• Uk101jkt
                      Uk101jkt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Who is the other one besides dots4sale? Gene mentioned in a post more success with another one but I don't think he mentioned who?

• rjd1975
                      rjd1975 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am not sure if he is selling them yet or still in the design phase. I will check with him to see if he wants his information out there...I tested his dots, they are pretty good.

Uk101jkt I will be selling them along with some reflective dots. I sent some reflective dots to one of our resident testers to try with his GC2/HMT. Once I know the reflective dots work I will post a thread with the cost and contact information.

Comment

Working...
                    X