Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @beau lester (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - The Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (Pro Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

Uneekor Dot Trio Decals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor Dot Trio Decals

I'm getting great feedback from everybody who has ordered dot decals for Uneekor. PSGolfer on *** tells me they are easy to apply and worked perfectly. He is ordering more. The only downside is that the materials to make them are not inexpensive and it takes some time and effort. I'm using a 3M industrial layer of adhesive in the process that is pricey. For this reason, I'm needing to price these at $40 per 100 decals plus shipping which is a bit higher than I was hoping for. I'm still working on finding the materials for cheaper to lower the price. If you want any, feel free to email me at reflectivedotsforsale@gmail.com or they are up at www.dots4sale.com . Also, would love more feedback about how to improve them or improve instructions on how to use them.

great idea harry, how do these stickers hold up to ball strikes?

Comment

I wonder what the *** stand for ? Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by jerry3 View Post
        great idea harry, how do these stickers hold up to ball strikes?
        They are working great. I've been using 6 stickers per ball but leaving the area around the logo without a sticker. I position the ball so that impact doesn't hit the sticker. If that bothers you just go ahead an hit the stickers and replace them when they wear out. :-)

Comment

So for $40 I would have enough stickers to mark 16 golf balls?
          how much would you charge to put the stickers on for people?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
            So for $40 I would have enough stickers to mark 16 golf balls?
            how much would you charge to put the stickers on for people?
            Sorry for the delay. I'm currently selling the stickers (Revision 3 with industrial adhesive layer, better materials) for $50 per 100 decals. I recommend 5 or 6 decals per ball depending on the logo and how carefully you want to set the ball down each time. Just enough for 16 balls! (i will send you a few extras too). You can find them here if you are interested: www.dots4sale.com
            This is the homepage for a business built to produce golf club reflective dots for launch monitors. They are far cheaper and better than those supplied by the launch monitor manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryB View Post

Sorry for the delay. I'm currently selling the stickers (Revision 3 with industrial adhesive layer, better materials) for $50 per 100 decals. I recommend 5 or 6 decals per ball depending on the logo and how carefully you want to set the ball down each time. Just enough for 16 balls! (i will send you a few extras too). You can find them here if you are interested: www.dots4sale.com
              Oops. I meant $40 per 100, not 50!

Comment

I can confirm that Harry's stickers are the real deal - they work perfectly. The way they are made - they have a clear layer over the black dots, so it won't rub off onto your impact screen. I purchased some and they came a few days ago - just got a chance to test them out - they work great!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How long does it take for you to put your stickers on a ball?

• JG GOLF
                  JG GOLF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes per ball.

What is the weekly or monthly cost with balls and stickers for the uneekor? I believe see the 6k price tag and don’t think people realize you need to mark up balls all the time for everything needed. There has to be an ongoing maintenance cost. With the HMt or gcquad it’s stickers for clubs.
                Last edited by triplebogeysrbetter; 07-10-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• JG GOLF
                  JG GOLF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is no ongoing cost if you use the supplies balls. If you want to use your own, so far the ball decals on this thread for $40 is the best option... 16 marked balls should last a long, long time if swap them out or not hit direct on the decals.

it only takes a few minutes to put stickers on the balls.

Comment

I agree the balls work but if you hit a sticker with the teeth of a wedge it will rip it up. There is a way to put them on where you minimize that but I will tell you that my stickers have worn out before my ball. I think my first batch were put on too close to the hitting area. This left me with a few misreads because the dots had blurred. The balls that come with the system are perfect (from a dots perspective and hold up great) but as we have discussed they are not great balls. I am excited to see how the Bridgestone balls perform in a couple of weeks. You can often easily tell a missread on a Uneekor because it will come up with 888prm of spin.

Comment

• gene438
                    gene438 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree completely, hopefully the bridgestones will be the answer

I am in a holding pattern on a new unit but ready to pounce in the next 30-60 days. Curious what the problem is with the mfg. supplied balls? 2pc, 3pc, and everyone wants to hit a 4pc ball or the brand and model they play with? This seems to be the problem child with Uneekor that the ball is the main issue. With all the units they have in South Korea installed, it looks like this would have not been an issue that it is stateside. What is the issue with the Uneekor balls? Thanks!

Comment

• gene438
                    gene438 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are right to a point. The balls are not an issue in Korea simply because all the units are in a commercial environment. Practice range balls are fine for the practice range, right? The balls are well made and hold up very well. However, it has been proven and accepted that the balls do not spin as well as premium balls. In my test, it was about double the spin on wedges. This makes a difference.

However, I would not let the balls deter me from pulling the trigger if that is your only concern. First, you may not notice or care about the spin difference. Second, we that want to play premium balls believe we will find the answer. Harry's dots are an option. I tried another set of dots produced by another user that were much cheaper and I believe longer lasting. (I will report on these when I get back in the country from vacation)...and 3)I am hoping the bridgestone balls may produce spin rates that are acceptable.

Hope that helps

• Stackchaser
                    Stackchaser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Many thanks for your insight Gene as you are always full of useful information! I am not letting it deter me from purchasing a unit. Going through a house hunt and the market is red hot in Raleigh, and I travel so its been hard to get what I am looking for as its gone before I can even go to a showing.. Want to find my hopefully last house until retirement puts me at the coast. Plan to put Uneekor in the garage and drop in a split unit for AC and heat, but need the right setup and ceiling height. I might have to stay where put if I can't find something soon and my garage ceiling is a tad over 9ft and I bump the ceiling with driver every once in awhile. Am envious of all the builds I see you guys have and use!!! I think Uneekor would be smart to partner with a couple of ball mfgs as that would help drive sales to their ball brands. I would switch to Callaway balls if that was the premium ball offered at a decent price by Uneekor, as I to want to hit the same ball on the course and on the simulator.
                    Safe travels during your visit overseas and I have really enjoyed your detail reviews and explanations on both the Uneekor and Protee units. You know the product and are always a help to all on this forum... and many thanks for all you do!

• rjd1975
                    rjd1975 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For what it is worth, I would not want Callaway to be the one that came out with the dots. I love their ball but they crack too often in a simulator environment. I play the TP5 which is pretty good and of course the Pro V1 is still the most popular premium option. I just don't know if there is a big enough market to get a company to make them for us. I think Uneekor will be satisfied with the Bridgestone balls that are coming out in a couple of weeks. They are a 2 piece ball but I expect it will be at least a slight improvement to what we have.
                Working...
                X