Potential Uneekor Premium Ball Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Uneekor Premium Ball Solution

I recorded a video addressing if the new Chrome Soft "Suit" balls can be registered on Uneekor. The short answer is that they can for the most part. The diamond and heart don't work because they are red. The club seems to be the best and spade works pretty well too. I shot a short youtube video, the link is attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88FZWQhXyj4 gene438

wow great work, this could be a good solution!

Comment

Very interesting. Maybe uneekor should pursue this further themselves

Comment

Just because the uneekor is registering the shot doesn’t mean it’s doing so accurately. If spin is off by up to 600 rpm you’ll get wild differences in results.

Comment

• rjd1975
          rjd1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand your point and I think the only way to verify this would be with another simulator running at the same time. That said, I think they were accurate. Also, I don't think 600rpm would be a huge difference. It would be different but a 2400rpm drive vs 3000rpm drive would be a few yards and a 9600rpm wedge vs 9000rpm wedge would be very similar. In my opinion.

Send some of those balls to the guys who tested uneekor vs trackman!

Comment

Uneekor had previously said they would be releasing some premium balls in August, I think it was Bridgestone. Wonder how that is coming along.

Comment

• rjd1975
            rjd1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            They did the Bridgestone because they basically got them for nothing. They are better than the balls they had been shipping with the system. These are the balls that will ship with the system from now on and you can get 2 dozen for $15. They do not want to get into the ball market because there is no money in it and not everyone plays the same premium ball. They had to buy over 5,000 dozen Bridgestone balls to get the price that low...no way they would want to sink that kind of money into a premium option. Doug has tried but I think it will be on us (the community) to figure it out.

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Who is making their balls and how? Send them a load of premium balls to mark.

• rjd1975
            rjd1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a local guy that I am working with...if all goes well I will have a dozen UV printed balls in two weeks to try. We will see.

Looks like they sell a white and black truvis ball in Europe. Too bad it's not an option over here as far as I can tell, but it would probably work based on the results from the spade and club balls.

Comment

• rjd1975
            rjd1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            Truvis ball will not work. The pattern doesn't work with Uneekor.
        Working...
        X