No Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reads

I just got mine setup over the other day and I'm having a few 'no reads'. It's not all that often, but probably more often than it should. It's mostly lower driver and three woods. Very rarely it's a higher lofted club. But I did hit three 7 irons in a row with nothing. Took a minute then everything works perfectly for about 6 holes. I recalibrated it several times no real difference. Changed balls, all the same result but pretty random.

I know most people have said they have like no 'no reads', so I"m wondering if it's my setup.

Here's a video, not the best but we finally got one on camera. The system was green ready to hit before.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbf...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by shwag33; 10-06-2019, 11:55 PM.

I recalibrated the Uneekor last night and then played 36 holes last night. I'd say that I had about 95% success rate. I still get the occasional no read. Seems to be mainly when I hit a low trajectory driver. I'll follow up if I have any further info from Austin.

Comment

Austin updated the ball capture software on my PC last night. Just played 18 holes. Happy to report no missed reads! Great support from them.

Comment

I just played 18 with my dad, no 'no reads'. It was definitely the tee for me.

Comment

Just to follow up, the no reads were definitely caused by the tee. Since I took it out I haven't had any with about 72 holes played. I'm going to try and get the same tee just colored green and see if that does the trick.

Comment

I had been using the adjustable tee with my Fiber-Built mat and Austin had made some adjustments on my system but we had not identified the tee as a problem, I switched over to the Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat and quit using the adjustable tee because it was so stiff it wanted to lift the mat up when I tried to adjust the height on it, I use the tee holders but they do not show the turf covers them.

Comment

Does anyone know how to silence the "ding" that let's you know the camera had picked up the ball?

Comment

• myrison
                myrison commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's in the Uneekor settings menu... there are options for the "ding", "OK", or silent.

I’ve been having a problem with mis-reads lately on my EYEXO as well, but different than you guys, it’s almost exclusively with my wedges, and more specifically with my 56 and 60 wedges, which are the copper/bronze TM mg2…. I don’t remember any mis-reads with my vokey 50 (brushed steel finish) or my set gw or pw…. It always picks up the ball (bring red lights on monitor) but will drop out during my back swing and not read the strike. I wasn’t sure if it was related to the finish on the clubs, the fact that the open face on those wedges reflects right back up towards the monitor, or due to me standing closer and more over the ball…

Comment

• myrison
                myrison commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that I say that I realize it'd be odd if it only happens with your wedges... Hmm... if it's not that, the other idea is to try putting a piece of blue painter's tape on top of your wedge to help the sensor see it. that'll tell you if it's a glare issue or something else.

• preludesam
                preludesam commented
                Editing a comment
                I recently had issue with wedges showing insane lie angles and impact location. Like 46 degrees down lie angle and impact location off the club. Uneekor recorded some data from the shots and sent it off to the engineering team. I’ll update if I get a resolution.

• Fiddeki
                Fiddeki commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you have the new ball detection algoritm? Installed my sim a couple of weeks ago and had big problems with wedges where half of the shots were no reads. Haven’t made a lot of testing yet but with the update the issues seems to be completely gone in View and TGC 2019.

myrison - I don't believe there's a light behind me, but I'll have to check for ambient light sources next time I'm using the sim... That said, it would be weird for the light to impact just the wedges, and I would think that any shadows wouldn't impact the IR lights from the sensor... I typically do not put the club face stickers on the wedges, but may try that as well...

preludesam - That's why I stopped bothering with the club face stickers - I was getting crazy readings on the club data... I think it might have also been due to the fiberbuilt mat, since the club can get so 'deep' into the turf... I haven't tried the stickers on my holy grail hitting strip, but will get some results when I try them per above.

Comment

Working...
              X