Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Stadium Scottsdale ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

Upgrading to Uneekor QED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to Uneekor QED

I'm considering upgrading from a SkyTrak TGC setup to a Uneekor TGC. I'm a little hesitant because of the price and the fact that it's a new product.

Does anyone have any experience upgrading from SkyTrak to Uneekor? If so, what are you thoughts?
    Does anyone have any experience upgrading from GC2 to Uneekor? Thoughts?

Thanks for the insight. I need to be able to justify this one to boss (wife).....

Go watch GarageGolf's youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANc9ctxN3fQ&t=989s

I have a Uneekor with TGC 2019 and love it! You won't be disappointed!

Comment

I just moved from SkyTrak to Uneekor and also transferred TGC2019 from Skytrak to Uneekor. The Pro-Tee support has been absolutely amazing. I was transferred with a new license key in about an hour (not sure it that is unique but they sent me the new key immediately). I had to pay US $94.00 for the transfer fee. I had a few issues with skytrak but also thought it was a great value. It tended to be finicky from day to day and no reads were kind of a pain (especially short putts and chip shots around the green). Otherwise, Great Bang for the buck.

After reading Gene's experience with Uneekor, I was convinced to give it a try. The unit itself is amazing. Easy to install, no misreads so far and I can put the ball in a very large area and Uneekor reads it. The only drawback so far for me: You have to use marked balls and the balls that come with it (even the upgraded Bridgestones) are not great. Thankfully, there is a fellow forum member that sold me "Dots" and they work great on Titleist Pro V1's or any ball with minimal markings. I'm still working with Uneekor to work out some bugs with their software but they are very responsive.

Finally, the interface with TGC2019 is amazing. Again, No misreads, fairly instant response on contact (no delay like with SkyTrak) and I almost feel like I'm putting for real (which has more to do with the fact that I can move the ball to a better/more realistic place to putt from). In any case.. if you have the extra dough... Uneekor would be my choice. From what I"ve read here, GC2 is comparable to Uneekor in quality. But I've only hit on the GC2 a few times and never with simulated golf.

I'm sure others will have an opinion.

Mike
      --
      What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

I just upgraded from Skytrak and just finished installing the Uneekor. There were some issues with the software installation but Austin corrected it quickly. For the first couple of drives I thought the distances were kind of short from what I am used to on the Skytrak so I put the Skytrak on at the same time. They were both very similar but a few yards shorter on the Uneekor. Most of the measurements were very similar and the flight path was similar. (Tells you the Skytrak unit is pretty darn accurate.) I then hit other clubs and quickly could appreciate the differences in the Uneekor. I hit a few worm burners and shitty shots the Uneekor picked them all up unfortunately and the Skytrak missed them all. It's awesome to see your club at impact and I could quickly tell where I was hitting each club. I then decided to fire up TGC and play a game. This is where the Uneekor really impressed me. The reaction on Uneekor is instant. Much more immersive if that makes sense. Also, the short game (flop, pitch, and putting) were spot on and no miss reads. For me, the extra data with the cub and swing analysis makes it a first-class combo. I could also confirm the Skytrak is a solid and accurate piece of hardware for the price. The Uneekor has too many pro's for my needs to not be worth it. The only downside I can see is price and using marked balls.

Uneekor Pro's
        1.) Instant ball flight - no 2 sec delay
        2.) Wide hitting zone - no red dot and fussing based on shot type
        3.) slow-motion playback of the club at impact
        4.) integrated swing analysis
        5.) Align once and forget it.
        6.) almost no misreads
        7.) easy for LH and RH play
        8.) Putting is really good
        9.) Short game can use any shot
        10.) not on the floor to hit or if the sim folds like mine.

Comment

I switch from a GC2/HMT, I do have to say I don't believe I would have done it if I hadn't thought I was going to have to switch to left-handed play, but I am glad I did, and mainly for all the reasons posted by Supraracer, so no need for me to repeat his list.

Comment

• VenturaHacker
            VenturaHacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey BGCurtis2nd, have you been satisfied with Uneekor club data as compared to HMT? Have you had the chance to try the latest Uneekor update? Thanks for any feedback, Uneekor is my first simulator, went with it because it has (among several other things already discussed) measured club data for thousands less than GC2/HMT combo/software, but I don't have experience with any other simulator to compare club data performance. Thanks also for all of your posts, very formative.

• BGCurtis2nd
            BGCurtis2nd commented
            Editing a comment
            VenturaHacker I like being able to see the club impact, I found for me at lest there would be time that the HMT would show the dot on the club as to where the impact was and I would find myself saying it sure didn't feel like that was where I hit it. Now with the Uneekor you are looking at the swing and can see just where the impact was and the position of the club at the time, for me it gives me a better understanding of what I am doing in my swing. I did not have the two units at the same time so I was not able to compare them side by side, but to me I can not see a difference, there very well may be one but not that I can tell. Only complaint I have about my QED Uneekor at this time, is that I am not getting to use it as much as I would like. I bought a set of three studio lights to try out with my swing cameras I have had them two weeks took one out of the box to see if it worked but haven't had time to try them out to see how well the cameras work with them.

• VenturaHacker
            VenturaHacker commented
            Editing a comment
            BGCurtis2nd, thanks for your reply. Is it your sense that the Uneekor club face angle and swing angle are showing you results that are consistent with what you were getting with the HMT? I like to look at those measurements as I work to flatten out my left wrist to close the club face during the downswing, and to better understand how ball flight corresponds to variations in those measurements. The new update sometimes now shows those numbers as calculated (in italics), so I’m wondering about consistency of results. Overall, the Uneekor has been fantastic, just got TGC 2019, what a great combo.

I did, but I only had skytrak for a few weeks before I realized I was going to be unhappy with the number of misreads on short shots, also my ball speed is around 159-163 on the driver so thats another small limitation with skytrak. It's great for what it is, but doesn't feel like like a complete sim. I realize the GC2 is great, but I don't feel like anything that sits on the ground is a great sim simply because its' in the way and movable.

May be dumb way of thinking, but consider this. I had a halloween party and had a womens long drive. Each girl got 5 shots to see who hit it he furthest, none had ever really played golf before. Imagine 13 drunk women stumbling around the sim over the course of an hour. The floor units are great for makeshift setups, but even at Dicks sporting goods one time their GC2 was not reading correctly because it was moved and not aligned properly.

I wouldn't trade mine for a GC Quad straight up... if i wasn't allowed to sell the quad and just buy another uneekor.
          Last edited by shwag33; 11-07-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• cmckelvmi
            cmckelvmi commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you start another thread about these 13 drunk women, please? Pictures or it didn't happen. The people need to know who won...

• shwag33
            shwag33 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha. My sister actually won with 182 yards.. she one by 1 yard. I was pretty impressed considering she doesn't even know how to hold the club properly. Most were in the 50-110 yard range, my sister and one other that also never played golf surprised us by how far they actually hit it.

• Brettster
            Brettster commented
            Editing a comment
            pictures please... now that must have been one wild halloween party

Thanks for the feedback! I pulled the trigger and with expedited shipping, the Uneekor unit should be here Saturday. I'm pretty pumped. I'll be posting my SkyTrak for sale to recoup some of the costs.

Hopefully my experience with Uneekor is as good as what I've heard from the Golf Sim community!

Comment

• cmckelvmi
            cmckelvmi commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations, looking forward to reading about your experience!

Honestly, don't have any pictures of people playing in the sim, I rarely take pictures, others may have but not sure. There's a video of me hitting in beetlejuice costume, but this was before most people were there. Sadly it was more tame than the last several years, a lot of the guys were playing on the sim all night so it spread people out.

https://youtu.be/s6U2SxypD8A
          Last edited by shwag33; 11-08-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            I nominate Shwag33 to host the First Annual Women's Costume Golf Tourney. All contestants must wear costumes, drink heavily, and the entire thing must be videoed.

• BirdieBalls
            BirdieBalls commented
            Editing a comment
            wow, this thread got a bit off topic....

nonetheless, We might should make it sticky! LOL

Good news to report. The pro-tee group go my license switched over in less that 1 hour! I'm pretty impressed considering it's a Friday afternoon. Now I just have to wait for the new unit to arrive.

Comment

When ordering uneekor is it still wire transfer? It can u use credit card (reward points)?

Comment

• BirdieBalls
              BirdieBalls commented
              Editing a comment
              Wire or ACH only which is odd. But it gets the job done I suppose.

Uneekor arrived on time and I was able to get it set up today. I had a few problems that Austin quickly addressed. My ceiling is low behind the hitting area so I had to cut a hole and put the unit above the ceiling line. Worked out great and I've got a bit of extra protection with the unit tucked up out of the way.

I've only hit a few shots but so far it's everything I've hoped for. It seems like the putting is different in terms of distance. Not bad, just something I'll need to get used to.

I'm excited to play a full round tomorrow!

Also, I'm pretty impressed with the customer service I've received thus far! Austin replied to my email and logged into my setup within 30mins on a Sunday evening!

Comment

• cmckelvmi
              cmckelvmi commented
              Editing a comment
              That's amazing! I love reading about great customer service.

Originally posted by BirdieBalls View Post
            Uneekor arrived on time and I was able to get it set up today. I had a few problems that Austin quickly addressed. My ceiling is low behind the hitting area so I had to cut a hole and put the unit above the ceiling line. Worked out great and I've got a bit of extra protection with the unit tucked up out of the way.

I've only hit a few shots but so far it's everything I've hoped for. It seems like the putting is different in terms of distance. Not bad, just something I'll need to get used to.

I'm excited to play a full round tomorrow!

Also, I'm pretty impressed with the customer service I've received thus far! Austin replied to my email and logged into my setup within 30mins on a Sunday evening!

Putting will never be exactly the same. Your turf does not match the stimp of the green speeds in the game. My turf can be faster or slower depending on what green speeds you're playing on.

Comment

I just noticed the dates from when you first posted this to getting the unit installed. Is it correct that you ordered on a Thursday and received the Uneekor on that Saturday? Wow, that's impressive!

Comment

• BirdieBalls
                BirdieBalls commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I placed the order and received it Saturday. I paid for expedited shipping but considering there was a cost for standard shipping it wasn't that much more in the grand scheme of things.
            Working...
            X