Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor Outdoors

Hello All,

I have not been a member for very long but have certainly enjoyed the content I have been able to read thus far. I am curious and hoping to lean on the knowledge of other Uneekor owners.

In my current home, our ceilings are only 9’ tall. This is not high enough for me to swing anything higher than a 7 iron. For this reason, I set up my optishot simulator outside in the evening. It uses infrared sensors so it does not work during the day. It works great at night but I have been wishing for something more. I would rather get a Uneekor and use it at night then a GC2 and have to purchase FSX18 and hope TGC continues to work with it.

My question is this, will the system work at night? I am capable of mounting it in the needed position but just want to make sure it will read in the night time.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Hubbahub32; 12-09-2019, 10:53 PM. Reason: Uneekor, outdoors
    Lay-ups are for basketball!

From the installation manual. May sound like lawyer CYA...but this costs a lot more than an indoor TV that you're going to hang outside in a humid environment. JMO
    Attached Files

Comment

Gc2 and TGC are not going to stop working together. Grab a used one around 4k and move it in and out the house.

Comment

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        That may be the best route... do you know anything about the FR1 dongle? Are they a nice addition to a used unit or a gimmick?

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the fr1 and really only use it for testing equipment. I suppose outdoors you could just use iPad app.

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wizard of Coz, can you play courses with it? Or do you still need either FSX or TGC?

skip the fr1 dongle, it's a waste IMO. I bought it and sold it within a month.
      the graphics stink. use the app if you have an ipad and use TGC or whatever software you decide on for course play. TGC and others have ranges as well.

Comment

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your input. This is very helpful. I have an iPad Pro. Do i need a computer to run the sim software? Is there requirements somewhere to direct which computer to purchase?

Thank you for all of your help.

Yes you need a decent PC. 1060 6 gb graphics card min.... Look in the PC section on the forum, there is tons of info there and a thread going on now about what to buy. I just grabbed a black friday deal for $899 on a laptop with a 1660 ti card and played today with custom super high graphics and it ran super smooth. you could get a desktop cheaper for sure.

Comment

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Thank you.

So if you need a PC also, what is the iPad for? Just a portable screen? I do already have a projector, enclosure, and impact screen. I just dont believe my computer would meet spec and I am looking to upgrade my LM.

the ipad runs the foresight app so you could take it to the range and it shows your data and you can save the session. Connects through bluetooth

you can't see any flight on it, just data with dispersion circle and ball and club data if you have HMT also with GC2

Comment

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        I see. Thank you.

Hi Hubbahub32 I'm more curious about the space you have (9' ceiling) My space is at 9;6" and I swing Driver no problems (I'm 6'2"). The Bottom of my Uneekor is at about 9;2". I'm wondering if you have any options with your ceiling. I've seen other members create pockets in their ceilings for the Uneekor (though I"m not sure that solves your swing issue). At 13' wide, I have occasionally made contact with the wall behind me on a really flat swing, but never the ceiling. Tell us more about the space?
      --
      What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mikemcd22. I must have a terrible steep swing. I catch the ceiling with a 5 iron on a fairly regular swing basis. There would be no chance for driver. Especially not a full confident swing. Inside, I have a room plenty large enough to use for a simulator room but I can’t justify spending 6-8k on a Uneekor system to only use half the clubs in the bag. I can recess the Uneekor, but I have not been able to think of any way of getting another 12-18” of ceiling height. I will probably just end up getting a foresight product that can be used on the floor outdoors. I love the idea and features of the Uneekor but it just doesn’t seem to be practical at this time for me.😢

• mikemcd22
        mikemcd22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree totally... If you can't use all your clubs I don't think you will be satisfied (especially, as you say, given the cost of the investment). In fact, if you're relegated to using it outside, Skytrak might be the way to go... or if your budget is healthy, a Quad will likely give you better data. My only experience is with Skytrak or Uneekor (though I have hit the GC2 here and there).

If you plan on getting a Quad just for using it outside.. you could instead use the extra money to dig out your basement a foot or two and get a used GC2 or Uneekor.

Then you have a space to use it indoors(which is amazing...).

Comment

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha there is thought! Unfortunately, I dont have a basement. Why didn’t I think of this 4 years ago when I was building the house? I guess it means its time to build another house, one that fits a simulator.

• JackedUpSwing
        JackedUpSwing commented
        Editing a comment
        Well the same would apply to any room on the first floor on your slab. Might actually be easier if you have floor joists that's a free 6inches you can get by cutting them. Price difference between Quad and Uneekor will be between 5-9k. Which leaves quite a bit of money for a contractor.

Just something to think about.

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have thought about it! A lot! Haha unfortunately our foundation is a post tension slab. In order for them to cut into the foundation its a lengthy and expensive project. At least that is what I was told... I would probably get the GC2 that way if I get something bigger down the road, I shouldn’t have too hard a time reselling for not much less than I paid.
    Working...
    X