Uneekor is the system to purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor is the system to purchase

Wow. My new Uneekor is great. I set up a simulator room in my garage last year and chose Skytrak based on the good reviews. The joy that I hoped to share with my golfing buddies never materialized. The Skytrak failed to register 10 to 15% of the shots and seemed to register flight path incorrectly. Countless times my buddies and I looked at the screen impact point and noted that Skytrak interpreted the flight path very differently. We literally never made it through 18 holes of golf--usually quitting after 9 or so because of the frustration. This same group of friends and I play in an indoor league where the facility uses Trugolf E-6, so we knew what a good simulator could do. Therefore we contacted Skytrak and they had us send pictures of our simulator room (twice). They made suggestions...none of which helped. Eventually I sent the Skytrak unit back to be recalibrated. Skytrak returned it saying everything was fine...but it wasn't. We gave up. This fall we started playing in the Trugolf league again and the guys asked about my simulator. I found Uneekor information here and we ordered it last week and installed it yesterday. Again...wow. First, the install was incredibly easy. The directions from Uneekor were very clear. We had a slight problem with one of the downloads but a quick call to Austin had that fixed in a couple minutes. And then we were playing. Here are the things that had us doing high fives: 1) NO UNREGISTERED SHOTS--I mean not a single one and we played for hours; 2) super accurate--where the ball impacted the screen was where the computer showed the flight path; 3) instant registry--I honestly didn't mind the Skytrak delay (except that it was painful waiting to see if it was merely delay or yet another non-register--but it's fun having instant ball path with Uneekor; 4) putting is incredible--our impact to screen distance is 11' and when the computer says the putt length is 11' and our ball just makes it to the screen in real life, on screen the computer is registering the ball as just making it to the cup; and 5) the video of impact information looks like it is going to be a fantastic teaching tool. I can't say enough good things but maybe the best thing I can say is that WE PLAYED 18 HOLES YESTERDAY and if I didn't have to stop to do Christmas errands I'd have stayed and played another 18 by myself. Next step is to get TGC connected (which I bought to play Augusta--but never managed to get through 18 holes at Augusta because of the frustration of Skytrak). Also, Austin scheduled an appointment with us so he could double check that everything is working correctly. I purchased the Prime version. I like the graphics. Indeed, the flowing lines on the green (similar to the TGC lines) are superior to what we experience on the E-6 in our golf league. The only problem we experienced were our white tees. The Uneekor can't cope. I have a Fiberbuilt two sided mat with a built in tee so we are OK for drives--but for teeing up low we will need to buy green or black plastic units. One final thing--I like to putt with a straight line alignment mark on my ball. I tried a regular non-checkered ball for putting and it works just fine. So I switch balls to putt. One more time: Wow. Wow. Wow.

Paoil great review. One question, is your simulator in your garage? If so, are u in a cold climate and do u heat the garage. Leaning toward a uneekor also. Thanks

Comment

I should have included details about the setup. The garage has 10' ceilings and is heated. With Uneekor I predict my friends and I will use it even in the summer (on rainy days), so I will put in a window air conditioner. We bought the premium screen and tracked curtains from GSA--we are very happy with those products. There are two windows inside the hitting area and we covered those with blackout curtains. The desktop is dedicated to the golf room and it has an i7 processer and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. The projector is a short throw Optoma GT 1080 (3000 lumens). I've always been happy with the projector and computer. We have the Fiberbuilt 2 sided mat because one of my friends is a lefty. I bought the putting green and rough from customdesigngolf--again very happy with the products. The center of the hitting area is 11' from the screen. The projector is above the hitting area so no annoying shadows. The space between the hitting area and screen is all putting green and we have the surface angled in front of the screen and hitting area so that balls frequently return to the hitting area automatically. We have a couple holes cut in the putting green for practice (customdesigngolf has a clever design that doesn't require an elevated platform). To each side of the hitting area and behind it we have "rough" which works to mark where you shouldn't stand when someone is swinging. Then further behind that we have green indoor-outdoor carpet where we have four comfortable chairs. Above the hitting area we installed 2 can lights on a dimmer switch--still experimenting with the Uneekor--but it seems to work the same with practically no light or all the lights in the room on. I think the lighting that we settle on will come down to what it takes for us players to see the ball well. (With Skytrak one of the things the company wanted me to do was fuss with the backlighting--I guess that can be a problem with Skytrak--I'm certainly not having that problem with the Uneekor.) Still need to build a club rack and put some decore on the walls. With the Uneekor up and working we now have a reason to finish those little details and get some regular use out of the room! My son-in-law and I are skipping football this afternoon in order to go play 18!

Comment

Then you need a TV out there so you can do both!

I’m getting my practice in during the early game.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 968Cab; 12-15-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I have my skytrack and computer in a room that I only heat when I’m in it
          and have a ton of other electronics in other cold environments that aren’t always heated

my uneekor will also be in the same room with skytrac

and honestly don’t foresee any issues
          could it possibly hurt longevity of the unit, I guess it could

but exp tells me that it’s most likely not a big deal

i guess I’ll find out

Comment

Paoil anyway you could post some pics of your garage? I'm getting ready to build my sim room in the garage also and everything you said that is in your garage is sounds like what I want to do.

Comment

Thanks to all for responding. My new house will have unheated but well insulated garage. Thinking about uneekor, have skytrak now. Plan to install auxiliary heat but don’t want to run 24/7. I guess uneekor should be ok if I turn on heat an hour so before playing. From what I’ve read electronics do not like moisture, cold is not that much of an issue.

Comment

Cold is only an issue when you apply heat and get condensation. I keep my heater on low but run it 24/7 it is a little propane wall unit and really doesn't use all the much propane, it is thermostat control so I keep it so temp doesn't get below 50 F and the A/C set so it doesn't get above 80 F.

Comment

I’ve had residential electronics on boats for years
                  mostly high end Dj equipment in
                  very damp , cold , hot horrible conditions
                  and it’s almost always the salt air that kills
                  ive never had the wild temperature swings bother it at all

what could go wrong some component gives out
                  and they put a new one in

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yeah but you left out the part where you pay for that component after the warranty is up

i have had my projector and audio receiver out in my shed for over 2 years now and they fire up and work every time. I am in the Northeast so from November through February it can be sub 30 degrees at any time. it was 22 in my room the other morning.

I bought the Uneekor and will take it down and bring it in the house when I know i won't be playing for a few days at a time. I would rather be safe than sorry. from March- mid November I think I am good. It may be a hassle to some but i did it today and it took me 1 minute to open ladder and slide out of base and come down and fold ladder up.

If the technology is worth it, I am willing to deal with it. That part is yet to be seen though.
                  Last edited by Jwheels9876; 12-16-2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

From what I was told by Austin ,every time you move the unit even a little and if the Matt shifts a little , you will need to recalibrate

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmmm well I'll have to see what happens. The bracket doesn't move so the unit will sit in the same spot every time its put in the bracket. I can't see myself leaving it outside for days on end in 0 degree weather though. I don't mind a $200 reciever or $500 projector but not something that's 6k.

I can only pass on what I was told by uneekor

” the unit should be recalibrated every few months in case it vibrates or the Matt shifts thru use. The unit must be recalibrated everytime you move it .”

I’m going to take my chances , I’m also in the north East , I guess worst case it doesn’t like the cold and goes in for a repair.
                    with ir lighting I don’t imagine the unit itself throws much heat
                    and in a cold environment I would be more concerned with a unit like an amp or projector or even a computer that makes its own heat , and condensation.

my computer , skytrack and projector have been outside in the shed for a year now with no ill effects to date

hell in two or three years the next hot more accurate thing will come down the pike. , and these unitswill be on their way out as the next hot thing comes in

end of the day they are just fancy pong games inroute to being x boxs or whatever the newest fanciest video game console is

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I guess it's no big deal. Even calibration takes all of 2 minutes. That would add an extra 6 minutes to my week I guess I could live with that

Then it works

Comment

Easy paoil! You came from skytrak. Congratulations. Looks like wizard needsto get into the dot selling business. Everybody wanting to get their balls tattooed!

Comment

Nice write up, Paoil ! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                        X