• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May have a source of premium balls with uneekor markings

I put this up on an old post but thought it might
    be better in its own

Ok guys

I may and I repeat may have someone willing to print the dots on any premium balls I ship to them

ive sent them the uneekor pattern that Doug provided me

and they did a test print spacing of the dot patterns is close but not exact as they are hand rotating the balls 6 times
    but printing a dozen at a clip

its not going to be cheap but I have a dozen test balls inroute to me ( these will be just a generic test ball) so I can test that they actually read accurately and that the ink is color fast ( taking the extra step of having a clear printed over the black)

if the balls read properly ( Doug has told me exact placement of the dots isn’t critical , close is ok ) and the ink is color fast on my screen

i will then make a dozen srixon z star ( my ball)
    and a dozen pro v 1

id like to mail in the continental USA only
    by regular post
    free of charge , and assuming no liability of any kind ,one ball each to six uneekor users
    for further testing

If the testing goes well we can figure out how to proceed

Post your screen name here and say I want one
    and pm me your mailing address
    1st 6 get a ball if my pvt test goes well

stay tuned here for updates I expect a test dozen by next Thursday

• Originally posted by JackedUpSwing View Post
    I used the cut for 1 full round and saw no issues. I’ll see how many rounds I can get out of one. I don’t think my wedges are as sharp as jwheels
    Since I’m trying to keep track and do some further testing
    can anyone who had balls printed by cut
    be a little more specific when posting their findings and comments

which cut ball ? They make several and we didn’t all get the same one

did the add the additional clear coat ?

and did you hit it straight out of the box or did you apply your own additional polish or clear coat?

it seems on the surface that the cut DC ball may hold up better than the Cut Blue
    ive orders some of both to compare side by side

it also seems to be proving out that some balls hold the printing better, so some trial and error may be needs

just my initial thoughts
    cut dc seems ok for dot retention , skins not horrible but not great , ball spins and reacts ok for my swing

cut blue looks to get beat up pretty badly from jwheels session

And my srixon z stars skin just doesn’t seem to want to hold the printing on the ball with or without nail polish,but works great for a minute

the cost isn’t terrible maybe a few guys want to send in
    Their prefers balls to test
    it’s possible a different skin accepts the printing
    better or worse

if no one steps and sends in their preferred ball
    by Thursday I’ll end up grabbing a sleeve of several different balls of my choosing and send them in
    most likely a selection of 75 to 100 compression balls

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
      JackedUpSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the Cut Blue with the extra clear coat.

I hit them right out of the box.

• rjd1975
      rjd1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the TM TP5x because they hold up for so long but I have really only tried the vinyl dots on them

• Tonysmjc

How much was it again to send them in and have your own balls done? I would try it out on some Max Fli tour X if it's cheap enough.

JackedUpSwing has very similar swing speeds to myself so it's good his didn't get chewed up like mine. I have no clue if i had extra clear coat or not, i just put Uneekor in the text box and the guy said he would take care of the rest. Are we supposed to request the extra?

I just watched this video, https://youtu.be/fH9PsbggPrU seems maybe the Cut DC do hold up a little better than the blue. I was just going the cheaper route for testing the first batch but I'm kind of leery of spending another $35 until I hear some reviews on the DC. One round of a regular golf where I shot 74 with probably 27 putts shouldn't turn the ball to what it did that's for sure.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
      JackedUpSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      We go the same thing. I emailed Cut after we got our orders and made sure that you and I both got extra clear coat.

In future orders I will put "Uneekor - Extra Clear coat" just to be safe.

My wedges are pretty old and shitty, so the grooves are probably not anywhere near as good as yours. I was only getting ~9700 with my 60 on fullish swings. I got over 10K a few times tho.

• Yeah my wedges were bought prior to last outdoor season so they're fairly new anyway. A little dirty if anything but the grooves are in good shape still. I'll play this box and by then s few people will have the DC ball reviews in I'm guessing

Comment

• I hit the dc and mine didn’t look anything like yours

its like 30.00 to get a dozen of yours printed and shipped back
      if you ship them in to cut directly without shipping like I did

ive ordered a dozen blue and a dozen dc with regular and xtra clear to rest side by side with and without me adding more clear

since me and jacked up swing got similar results with different balls with and without nail polish I still hold out hope that there maybe a solution here

ps a buddy of mine with a very hard

cut ( hard hard fade ) swing tends to beat the balls and dot up too
      But he does it to all the balls
      uneekor
      balls with stick ons
      cut balls
      his swing is just tough on balls

let me know what you guys send
      if we all send in 4 sleeves 3 balls each from 4 different mfg
      we cal cover a lot of different covers without breaking the bank

id be happy to send in the 4 premium balls
      prov1 and maybe the avx
      calloways version
      tm version

Let me know

im so invested in this now if no one else jumps in I’ll just send them all myself

the cost isn’t so great as to hurt
      and the balls never go to waste the just get tossed in the shag pile

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never had a ball look anything close to what those 2 did yesterday. I have played them all in the sim from MG-Snell-Maxfli-and all the big brands and.they all hold up fine for multiple rounds. The snell and Prov1 I have used.until the names aren't even recognizable anymore then toss them in a pile .

• Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
      Yeah my wedges were bought prior to last outdoor season so they're fairly new anyway. A little dirty if anything but the grooves are in good shape still. I'll play this box and by then s few people will have the DC ball reviews in I'm guessing
      My wedges are only 3 months old and haven’t even been used outside

Comment

• I'd be happy to send in a dozen Max Fli tour X that I have here. How do i go about the process?

Comment

• Email jeff at cut
          jeff.lynch@cutgolfco.com

tell him you want to send in a dozen of your balls
          for printing

make sure to tell him that your aware that we’re having issues and it’s part of the test ,

as I’ve informed him to be careful about printing on premium balls as my srixon didn’t hold

he will generate an invoice and give you shipping info
          print them and ship them back
          i had mine in my hand in less than a week
          from amazon to cut
          printer and shipped from ca to nyc took about 5/6 days

Comment

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok sounds good. I'll do it for testing sake. Like you said worst case Is the dots don't hold up and I use them outdoors after a round or whatever inside

• Originally posted by Tonysmjc View Post
          I hit the dc and mine didn’t look anything like yours

its like 30.00 to get a dozen of yours printed and shipped back
          if you ship them in to cut directly without shipping like I did

ive ordered a dozen blue and a dozen dc with regular and xtra clear to rest side by side with and without me adding more clear

since me and jacked up swing got similar results with different balls with and without nail polish I still hold out hope that there maybe a solution here

ps a buddy of mine with a very hard

cut ( hard hard fade ) swing tends to beat the balls and dot up too
          But he does it to all the balls
          uneekor
          balls with stick ons
          cut balls
          his swing is just tough on balls

let me know what you guys send
          if we all send in 4 sleeves 3 balls each from 4 different mfg
          we cal cover a lot of different covers without breaking the bank

id be happy to send in the 4 premium balls
          prov1 and maybe the avx
          calloways version
          tm version

Let me know

im so invested in this now if no one else jumps in I’ll just send them all myself

the cost isn’t so great as to hurt
          and the balls never go to waste the just get tossed in the shag pile
          I agree that cut blue looked rough
          the cut DC looks 100 times better
          I think I checked it once in a session and that might have been bladed

Comment

• Tonysmjc spoke with bridgestone minimum of 500 dozen for uneekor logo on any ball we want. There would be no bridgestone markings just the uneekor logo and their usual top coat.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
              JackedUpSwing commented
              Editing a comment
              Any urethane cover ball will be better for everyone than the bridgestone.

I see anywhere between 2K to 4K spin higher spin with a urethane cover ball on shots less than 40 yards.

Drives/Long Irons/Mid irons the difference between balls diminishes very fast. The biggest difference is in short game, and I am sure everyone agree that would like to be able to stop the balls on the green.

I've hit some 5 yard chips run out 5-8 more yards with a 60degree wedge with the uneekor.
              With any other urethane ball you get some check.

The point is ANY ball would be a giant improvement.

• jerry3
              jerry3 commented
              Editing a comment
              JackedUpSwing yep that's for sure, any tour ball would be an improvement over what we have

• rjd1975
              rjd1975 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would think Doug (at Uneekor) would buy 500 dozen and then offer them to customers. It was his contact at Bridgestone that got us the last ball upgrade. But in that case it was because they were getting rid of their E5/6/7 line. BTW, I would order several dozen balls. How many Uneekors have they sold in the US?

• What’s the number on 500 dozen
            For a premium ball gotta be 20 k
            plus

Comment

• jerry3
              jerry3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tonysmjc yeah that's what i'm thinking, but looking into the details. There's gotta be 500 uneekor owners who would be willing to buy these from me if I purchased? I could let Doug know and he might let owners know for me?

• Depending on the ball I’d be in I’m ball specific but anything close to my z star works
            so long as it’s not a rock
            i can’t stand hitting rocks good or bad

prov 1x and s Star Vx both feel as bad to me as
            the uneekor bricks

80 to 95 compression and a decent spin I’m ok

Comment

• jerry3
              jerry3 commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah that's the issue finding a ball we can all get behind, you like soft i like firm. Srixon XV have a 112 compression tour BX have like a 111 compression so fairly firm. I could try to bring you to the light and point out you'll get better ball speed and spin!

• jerry3
              jerry3 commented
              Editing a comment
              regular z star has a 101 compression

• I'm hoping Ill have a solution for any ball you want to use sometime next week. Markup would probably be $40 a dozen plus the cost of the ball (not for sure yet).

Would people be willing to pay that if testing shows they perform exactly the same as a regular ball; the dots would outlive the life of the ball, even better than the bridge stones.

I'm waiting on a part, hopefully will have early next week for the prototypes. I don't want to spill the beans yet if it doesn't work out though.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
              JackedUpSwing commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm $40 extra a dozen seems quite expensive. Does that include shipping? Do we have to ship the balls to you?

If I am spending $40 a dozen, I'd likely want a maxfli tour or kirkland ball so help offset that cost.

• shwag33
              shwag33 commented
              Editing a comment
              JackedUpSwing if the prototype is success, I'll try and figure out the logistical details. There's a lot of labor.

• rjd1975
              rjd1975 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would be in...unless the Bridgestone option works. Ultimately we all want the same thing.

• I’d pay almost any amount to play my ball
            no issue at all at 80 plus a dizen

Comment

• shwag33
              shwag33 commented
              Editing a comment
              In that case tripple the cost for you if it works out!

No promises though.

• I play the 5 th edition it’s a bit softer
            my slower swing speed doesn’t allow me to play a 110
            bsll
            and they feel horrible

im working my way up
            ive gone from
            super soft
            to Qstar
            to the z
            just not there yet

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
              JackedUpSwing commented
              Editing a comment
              Higher compression doesn't mean you need a higher swing speed. You should get a ball fitting, cause it is not that simple.

You would probably gain driver distance with a higher compression because the higher compression the more ballspeed you get at ANY speeds.

A higher swingspeed player might actually want a lower compression. I am at 110-15 swing speed and I like softer balls because they tend to spin really low with mid/long irons.

I hit the ball too high, so I typically game an AVX. Helps me keep my ball flight down.

But for TGC sake, I would play anything that spun around the greens. I can adjust long irons and shit in game, but it really sucks with the uneekor ball having chips/pitches just refuse to stop

• Originally posted by Tonysmjc View Post
            I’d pay almost any amount to play my ball
            no issue at all at 80 plus a dizen
            No worries

Comment

Working...
            X