Be wary of the ghost shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be wary of the ghost shot

got hit with my first ever ghost shot today and of course it was in the Noonan society on hole 18 and i had a good round going. Went in and looked at the photos and looks like the top of my putter grip may have caused it. The ball moved 2 inches on screen. Anyone else had this happen yet?

That sucks.

I’ve had it happen on the range, rolling the ball around to get the non-stickers face set up. Usually after I set the ball down and pause for some reason, triggering the initial read.

Better than more frequent missed reads, tho!!

Comment

I've gotten into the habit of using my foot to position the ball, which has led to several ghost shots when I'm practicing. I usually don't see them be really short, more often they go several yards. I guess I really don't understand what it is doing. Since it's just practice, I've not really worried about it. In TGC it would be more of an issue.

Comment

I saw a friend do it
        waggeling his club

Comment

Just another reason sim golf needs to be played
          in a room with other players in the same situation
          too many inherent variables

Comment

Yeah I've seen the same thing only with the putter. I started to use my foot as well to place the ball and cover it up while placed. I was in the Society tournament when it happened a couple of times on the green. Totally frustrating.

Comment

Working...
            X