There is a new Uneekor coming .... no dots needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a new Uneekor coming .... no dots needed

Didn't see anyone post it here but there is talk on discord about it. This thing better be like 8k more or there are gonna be alot of angry people here

​​​​​​https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/...507&height=676
    Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-21-2020, 11:04 PM.

Sorry if this has been posted, I'm at the show and don't have time to read through. New uneekor unit is a prototype. According to Doug, should be available "Juneish" 2020. There is also a software release / upgrade coming in the same time frame for the top level Package. I'm going back later to get details but it looks like target golf games with beautiful graphics. Nothing revelutionary as far as I could tell.
    --
    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

all My specs are in line with the trackman at club champ in long island

Comment

I’d be happy to set one up in my sim room and test it alongside the qed

i wonder if they would be abel to work simultaneously for testing or would the ir from on interfer with the other

Comment

I mentioned it previously but just read through the thread. The new prototype looks exactly like the current unit. It is mounted in front of the hitting zone (golfer) and angled back at the golfer. One of the reason Cory from P2P may not have a video yet is Uneekor was having trouble with their projector so it wasn't fixed until afternoon. Doug also says there's a new camera package for 2K that records at 200FPS. We slowed it down at impact and it did a very reasonable job at stop action (ball and club).
          --
          What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

What are the chances I hit a wedge or pop up a driver into that down the line unit?

Comment

• IowaCat89
              IowaCat89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Way too high for me personally. I like the unit behind me just for that reason. That's one thing I really liked about QED vs Skytrak

• dack
              dack commented
              Editing a comment
              It will help you with forward shaft lean

• jhp016s
              jhp016s commented
              Editing a comment
              Through fear it will help me to lean the shaft!

Just watched the video on the new unit
            and the way I understood it as far as pricing goes

its not 10 to 12 k for the unit and their not decided yet

it’s
            10 k ignite
            11 k refine
            12 k upper end

only say this because Matt specially references
            the qed pricing of 6 , 7 and 8 k compared to the new unit

Comment

Posted this AM, happened to see it:

Raises lots of questions for me! Ie. Cameras for QED without upgrading to Succeed? Does new software work with QED? (It’s similar to ignite, but better graphics, IMO)
              Last edited by 968Cab; 01-23-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• dack
                dack commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the post. This frankly looks amazing.

Originally posted by 968Cab View Post
              Posted this AM, happened to see it:

Raises lots of questions for me! Ie. Cameras for QED without upgrading to Succeed? Does new software work with QED? (It’s similar to ignite, but better graphics, IMO)
              Thanks for the link. I noticed that the club data wasn't real consistent on that video, with a 7i smash factor of 1.6 on the last shot and an AoA of 35 degrees. I guess we'll see how consistent it is this summer, perhaps they're still refining it. The swing cams look great though.
              Last edited by CHansen157; 01-23-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Celeras
                Celeras commented
                Editing a comment
                Good catch. Big yikes given the QEDs accuracy issues.

Definitely digging the cameras! I’m not anti-dot. I’m not much into clubface stuff deeper than what QED already shows. And I would despise having it mounted in front of hitting zone.

I liked the better graphic display too.

Fingers crossed for QED compatibility.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                JackedUpSwing commented
                Editing a comment
                At 3 feet in front and 9 feet away, you need to launch a shot at 71degrees.

I don't think I have ever seen that in over 100k simulator shots.

• 968Cab
                968Cab commented
                Editing a comment
                Just takes one popped driver or fairway wood by a well meaning friend. 70 or 80° straight up doesn’t seem far fetched to me. Certainly not an $8k gamble I’m willing to take.

Also, says in the video it will be mounted “lower”...not sure what that means.

Just my preference, but I like the monitor and projector behind me. *shug*
                Last edited by 968Cab; 01-23-2020, 10:43 PM.

Putting stickers on my clubs for the eye XO doesn't make me feel I'm missing that much with having the QED and needing to put dots on the golf balls.

I've gotten into the habit of using the default uneekor balls for driver and long irons. 8 iron and above I switch to a pro V1 with the vinyl stickers. 3 rounds so far and no signs of wear.
              My courses:
              Aldeen
              Butler National
              Cantigny
              Canyata
              Cog Hill #4
              Harbor Shores
              Harborside
              Naperville Country Club
              Prairie Landing
              Rich Harvest Farms
              Ruffled Feathers
              Shoreacres

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                JackedUpSwing commented
                Editing a comment
                Putting stickers on your clubs WAY better than putting stickers on the ball.

#1) you only have to do it once
                #2) The stickers won't come off nearly as much
                #3) You need way more stickers for balls
                #4) If you get a bad reading due to a sticker falling off your club who cares, if you get a bad spin reading due to stickers falling off, it will completely ruin the shot shape.

• titleistdc
                titleistdc commented
                Editing a comment
                JackedUpSwing -- I completely agree. Interesting to see the new product, looks like a big upgrade. Marking the ball always seemed like a pain. Glad I waited to buy a LM.

When watching one of the videos posted, they almost made it sound like the stickers were really only for darker/black irons and that chrome irons it and original QED reads just fine.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                JackedUpSwing commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, even if I didn't have darker clubs I would just put them on for consistencies sake.

I wish they would implement club marking for the QED as well. If marking clubs for QED would help accuracy, I would put them on in an instant.

• BGCurtis2nd
                BGCurtis2nd commented
                Editing a comment
                JackedUpSwing the EYE XO reads from the front as to where the QED Uneekor reads from the back, so marking the face wouldn't work. I did how ever find that putting a small piece of red tape on the top of one of my drivers did help with the QED tracking it. I had broken the shaft on my Mizuno and while waiting on it to be repaired I was using my grandsons Callaway, blue head on the Mizuno seems to do OK but the black Callaway didn't, but a small piece of red tape across the top parallel to the face seemed to help a lot.

• JackedUpSwing
                JackedUpSwing commented
                Editing a comment
                BGCurtis2nd It still reads club data from somewhere...

Obviously you won't put them on the face, but wherever the QED reads and determines angle, put stickers there to boost accuracy/readability

$1250 for the cameras set up seems reasonable, but I was a little confused about compatibility with current QED systems. The video mentions compatibility with succeed but I am assuming that they would also be compatible and allowed to be compatible with ignite or refine as well, right? Does anybody have any insight on this?

Comment

Lots of great information on that video! Seems like a pretty solid system. They do mention in a video somewhere that it will be set at 9 feet above and something like three feet ahead. Agree that it would cause some people concern with a topped driver etc., but overall looks pretty impressive so far.

Comment

• mikemcd22
                  mikemcd22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm wondering if that's going to interfere with a lot of us who have Short Throw projectors? I'm pretty sure my projector placement will interfere with placement of the new Uneekor... I'll have to confirm when I get home.

• dack
                  dack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mikemcd22 I am thinking the same thing. Please report on your findings.

• CHansen157
                  CHansen157 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, if you have a 10 ft screen and it needs to be mounted at 9 feet and ahead of you, I don't see how you're going to be able to keep it out of the way of the projection image for most of our set ups. You'd need an ultra short throw or have to hit a good deal further from the screen.

VenturaHacker It will work with the QED IGNITE.

Comment

We love our QED system and prefer the system mounted behind. Hoping the upgrades and camera options continue to increase the capabilities of the system and provides even better value, accuracy and enjoyment for the early adopters.
                If Titleist would only offer Pro V's marked balls our world would be perfect. Any news or updates on TGC 2019 upgrades?

Comment

Working...
                X