Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demand for Cheap Urethan Cover Uneekor Balls

Uneekor users!

I am trying to gauge the interest of selling a generic urethane ball with the uneekor dots. I am working with a golf ball OEM to get some samples, but essentially it will be a ball that should spin a lot more than the bridgestone uneekor ball. The dots put on the ball early in the process.

I should be able to keep the price at $2-3 a ball + shipping.

The ball won't be directly comparable to any specific ball, but it should be very close to premium balls.

For me, personally, I just want a cheap ball that spins more around the green than the uneekor ball.

With the other solutions out there, is there any interest in a ball like this?

ok here are some numbers.. first shots were 3/4 wedge with 56 degree. this is a shot i play a lot outdoors. low hop and stop usually.. second ones were a smooth full swing with same club. then a 45 degree PW and then a 7 iron. PW and 7 iron are Cobra One length forged irons. 56 degree is a regular size wedge. 8-10 shots with each club. I have the csv file but they won't let me upload it here
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (676).png Views:	0 Size:	478.1 KB ID:	278772
    Last edited by Jwheels9876; 07-10-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Just got notification that mine are out for Delivery! Thanks a ton for doing this.
      --
      What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

Got the new golf balls and excited to try them out. Stupid taxes got in the way!
        My courses:
        Aldeen
        Butler National
        Cantigny
        Canyata
        Cog Hill #4
        Harbor Shores
        Harborside
        Naperville Country Club
        Prairie Landing
        Rich Harvest Farms
        Ruffled Feathers
        Shoreacres

Comment

Some driver data. First ball is the 1 piece uneekor supplied ball. Not much difference, a couple hundred rpm spin is about it. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_678.png
Views:	677
Size:	521.9 KB
ID:	278883

Comment

Any more comments from folks using these new balls? Very curious how you guys are liking them.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems like I'm the only one who left any feedback so far. I'm still on ball number 1. Played about 3 rounds now and all the shots in the data tables. Ball is getting a little worn but the dots are in perfect shape

• bbjr
              bbjr commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven’t had a chance to play with them, yet... been busy with work the past couple of weeks. Hoping to try them soon.

• mikemcd22
              mikemcd22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Played a couple of rounds with them. Hit a few comparing to the bridgestones… Better/softer feel with spin numbers that were slightly higher. Overall very pleased. Wheels has already posted the data but let me know if you want me to compare. I have Prov1's with stickers if that would help.

I got sent on travel for my work the day before the balls got to my house...the nerve! I will do some testing as soon as I get home. Thank you for the work you put in. Can you tell the difference between these and the Bridgestones by sight? I was planning to use them for long clubs and yours for the wedges but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to keep them separate. Thanks

I am interested in learning about the 4 piece if you go that route.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              They look the same unfortunately.. I was gonna do the same thing .. I've been keeping the 3 piece in my pocket and pulling it out for inside 150 yards

The ball's definitely spin more. With my driver I usually am getting 2500 to 2700 versus 2000 to 2200. My mid iron 7 to 8 is 5700 versus 5200. My PW is 9000 versus 7700.

My side spin is also greater which is also to be expected but has led to me needing to play my draw much more aggressively.

The goal of these balls were to spin more and it does a great job. I love how my ball no longer rolls off the fairway with my short irons. However my distance has decreased a bit and I have to aim farther off center due to the increase spin. This overall has led to my greens in regulation struggling a bit with these new balls. That said it's more to my faulty swing rather than the balls.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

I really like them, they definitely spin more, really like them for short chips. check up way better,
              I think they read more consistently than the balls with stickers on them, and feel waayyy better than the Bridgestones.
              I am wondering if the balls with stickers were inconsistent if they were actually struck on the dots?
              This is by far the best option yet for Uni balls IMHO

Comment

UPDATE:

Finally(after about a 2-week of delay due to COVID), the 2nd order of balls finally arrived in the US. I will receive them some time tomorrow. This means, everyone else who placed an order how hasn't received them will be getting a shipping notification with tracking number either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

Sweet, I can't wait to try them out!

Comment

The balls definitely spin more, maybe even too much but around the greens they are great. On my driver I am seeing 3500 spin versus 2500 with the Bridgestone. Probably my crappy swing at play but they are killing my distance. I personally would be interested in paying a bit more and checking out the 4 piece that was mentioned.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                      JackedUpSwing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have no idea, the manufacturer wouldn’t give me any information on other customers.

But yeah, it’s incredibly similar to the Kirkland.

I should get the 4 piece in 3ish weeks, so hopefully it will spin a bit less than the 3-piece with driver.

My main point is, You should be able to get less than 3k spin with these balls. I get sub 3k spin with them and I have ball speeds in the 160s

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wouldn't worry much about about a few hundred more rpm spin off the driver when the tradeoff is a much better ball inside scoring range. Driver spin has more to do with contact anyhow. I can get 2300 on one then 3200 the next on a different contact point and swing. I'd rather have turned in irons inside 150 then a few extra yards off the driver.

They play very similar to the 3 piece kirkland. I used those outdoors a few times this year and they check up like no ball I've ever played and they feel nice and soft to me off the putter

• madmike6537
                      madmike6537 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's mostly a problem with my swing or contact that I struggle with in general, just exegerates it.

UPDATE:

All orders have been shipped! Everyone that has placed an order should have already received theirs or have received a tracking number in email. I dropped off the 2nd batch of orders and now have inventory IN STOCK.

Unless I get a bunch of rapid orders, I will be keeping inventory in stock and will be shipping them out same day or next day as the order comes in.

Please don't hesitate to give feedback on the balls.

Comment

FWIW I am still using ball number 1! been using the uneekor ball off the tee up to about 150 yds then switching over. probably has a few hundred shots on it at this point. The cover is getting to the point of retirement but the dots look great. This ball is a winner

Comment

Finally used mine today. Spin on irons is great. I maybe hit a 50 shots so far and the balls still look brand new.

Comment

I got an opportunity to try out the 3-piece, yesterday. Now, this was the first time I’ve been able to play in the last 6 months, so my swing was a little rusty, but the ball performed excellent. I played 45 holes with a single ball, and I think I can easily get another 90 out of it. Spin seemed just a tad higher with my driver (I’m usually around 2200-2300 using a ProV1, but was consistently getting around 2500 with the 3-piece on good shots). Irons seemed to be spot on with the ProV1, and wedges had a few hundred RPM more spin. I was routinely getting 9,500-10,500 with my gap wedge, and 10,500-11,500 with my 60 degree. All-in-all, I have no reservations about using this ball for as long as I own the Uneekor system. Great job!

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                            JackedUpSwing commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the feedback!
                        Working...
                        X