Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Uneekor fellas

Hi team,

I wanted to thank this forum and especially the uneekor guys like gene438 Jwheels9876 BGCurtis2nd and many others for their thoughtful posts which helped me go with QED.

I was initially leaning towards a gc2 but i have a lefty in the family and the more I read about Uneekor, the more I knew this was the right system for me.

I went with a centre hitting dual stance fiberbuilt mat which had worked out perfectly to accommodate all golfers in my family.

The main thing I love about my set up is that I now know my distances much better and knowing ball speed and carry distances will be very valuable when on course. Im amazed that every little mishit is captured by Uneekor reflected on the screen as well as overhead club head verification. I know as soon as I didn't hit it pure and so does Uneekor. This will definitely help me become a better ball striker.
    ​​
    The sim room is not complete yet (need some finishing touches) but the core components are set up and we've had multiple drive range sessions along with QED sim games along with TGC 2019 games.

Some additional set up I need to add are
    1) Ipad Air Keyboard.
    2) Swing Cameras

​​Gene, your system looks slick. I know you mentioned air keyboard is easy to set up but are you able to share the file or template with me?

I hate walking over to the keyboard during TGC whenever I have to change the shot direction or have to press Q

As for the swing cameras, I know uneekor just released cameras but it seems pretty steep when others have got theirs working off amazon specials.
    I heard windows latest update may have made the cameras no longer function. Has that been fixed?

What would you recommend for the swing cameras?

I had bought Harry's decals ebay but he refunded me as there are currently no international mail due to covid 19.

I'm interested in the vinyl decals that cmckelvmi sells. Do I private message him or is there a store front?

The machined balls are a bit expensive for me so I wanted to try the vinyl decals first.

​​​​​​​Anyway, I'm loving it. I really enjoy golf but just don't have time to play as much as I want so this is a great way for me to practice an hour here or there instead of 4.5 hours at a time.

The Uneekor patterned dots are $20 for 100+ mailed in the US. Most guys seem to be putting 5 sets on a ball so that's enough for 20 balls. If you PM me I can give you my Venmo or PayPal link.

Thanks,
    Casey

Comment

My older cameras are working fine in QED Ignite, not sure what was going on with Windows had to disconnect the cameras and reconnect them but it is working fine again. I have never used the air keyboard, I just use the Xbox controller for the PC on mine, keep it on a shelf right behind the hitting area.

Comment

I use a Logitech k400 wireless keyboard with a trackpad. Just plug and play and then doesn't tie up an iPad. Works well.

Comment

• VenturaHacker
          VenturaHacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea, just ordered, thanks.

• VenturaHacker
          VenturaHacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Using this now,really like it, thanks again

After about 3 weeks of practicing on the uneekor, i finally went out for a real round. Despite playing for over 10 years, I am a mid to high 80s player when playing 15 to 20 rounds in a year and low 90s when I play under 10 rounds a year. It's winter 8 months of the year where i live and i have a young family so i dont have enough time for 5 hour rounds of golf.

First round of the season. I couldn't believe it. I hit 3 birdies (3 putted from 20 ft) and missed my 4th birdie.

My short game has been night and day.

The only issue to my game was that i forgot to recharge my battery on my range finder so it was different not having exact yardages on my shots and approaches and it took some adjustment to figure out yardages the old school way.

I lost strokes on a couple lost drives and sand play.

Definitely a better and more accurate ball striker now, longer distance on all my clubs and better short game. I think the defining moment was sticking a 195 yard shot with a 6 iron for a tap in birdie.

I've literally hit a minimum of 50 balls a day (usually a lot more) and I love that on even busy days, i can go for a quick 9 in the comfort of my house.

I can't wait to see the progress by end of summer.

For anyone wondering whether golf sims help your real game, the answer is unequivocally yes. (especially mid 80s+ players who don't have much time to practice let alone go for rounds)

A funny moment for me was when I chipped a 15 yard shot and didn't land it where I wanted (as I normally practice on the uneekor) and let out a groan as soon as i hit the ball. I still ended up with a 7 ft putt and my friends laughed and said that's a pretty good shot. (which is a huge improvement to my short game from last year)

Uneekor is really a complete sim in that it helps with every aspect of your game except bunker shots and uneven lies.

Comment

Side note, it also helps when you are practicing and scoring decent on tough courses like Augusta , cabot cliffs, etc and then go to a local course

Comment

Congrats on improving your golf game. I think hitting 50 balls per day is certainly a huge part of your improvement, and really not possible without a simulator for most folks.

Comment

Working...
            X