Camera options for Uneekor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera options for Uneekor

Fellow Uneekor users, looking for feedback on successful deployment of 3rd party cameras that work well with my QED. I know a number of users have tested various solutions with moderate success. Uneekor has announced the Swing Motion system but at $1400 it is expensive. We are fairly new to this level of analysis and envision occasional use of the cameras. Any advice not the following would be very helpful. We love our system and the support we have received from the Uneekor team.

1 What model, spec, costs and results
    2 Lighting requirements
    3. Capture and storage
    4 Software requirement
    5 The benefits of the Uneekor Swing Motion camera option; Unclear if this comes with a separate software package
    6. Overall benefit of a camera system

Thanks so much.

stevnkrn - I ordered one of the 1.7mm cameras today. If you wouldn’t mind adjusting your build files like you offered to widen the hole for the shorter lens, I’d appreciate as I’ll order another one to print next week to go with the new camera. Thanks!

Comment

Will do myrison. I'll try to get a new file out on Thingiverse.com by the end of the day.

Comment

• stevnkrn
        stevnkrn commented
        Editing a comment
        myrison, if you already have the other parts printed you should only need to print the new case. The other parts should still fit as before.

• myrison
        myrison commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey stevnkrn, super long delay in responding, but FYI that I printed the latest design you made for the wide view lens and it works perfectly. Amazing considering my super rough measurements using paper and pen. Thanks for the help!

• stevnkrn
        stevnkrn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks myrison. If it is not too much trouble can you post of closeup photo of the case with that lens? I'd like to see what it looks like.

I just ordered the UC10MPC_L17 from Spinel today as it appears to be the camera that stevnkrn has but with the 1.7mm lens installed with IR cut, ect. And, thank you to those who had some comments about getting Ignite to see the camera! Pulled my hair out for a while this morning trying to get it to show up - agree that the UI for finding them needs some work LOL. I got one of my cheap gopro knock offs to work. It's in color (don't really care) but looks to be more locked into 60fps as a webcam. Usable for now until the new ones arrive.

Comment

• timsiegle
        timsiegle commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you using the regular Ignite or the IgniteSO? I don't see any settings to add cameras in the SO version.

• justin1287
        justin1287 commented
        Editing a comment
        You get the 1.7mm so you can place it like 5 feet away? This one? https://store.spinelelectronics.com/UC10MPC_L17

• myrison
        myrison commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s why I got the 1.7. My side wall is very close so the standard lens only shows about half of my body. Hoping the 1.7 will be perfect but haven’t been able to test yet. Arrives next week.

I am using a Nexigo 1080 P 60 FPS Plug and Play webcam and very happy with results. Seeing no blur and mates easily with Uneekor. Only issue I had was getting good usb extension cable so I could put camera behind hitting area.

Comment

• justin1287
        justin1287 commented
        Editing a comment
        You have a link? Looks like they have a few with those numbers.

• Foreman33
        Foreman33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any chance you could post a video?

My UC10MPC_L17 from Spinel came in this week and I just finished Dremeling up the front case piece from stevnkrn today. I wanted to show you all what the size of the hole has to be to get the full image displaced from the 1.7mm lens. It's definitely a super-angle lens, so I ended up carving out most of the front case before the camera was mostly unblocked from the side of the case.

Original Design:

Click image for larger version  Name:	original_design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	319619

After Dremling out Hole:

Click image for larger version  Name:	final-cutout.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	319620

What it Looks Like: (definitely a hack job!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	front_view.JPG Views:	0 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	319621

I've yet to put it to work out in the garage, I'll post back once I can test the cam in the sim.

stevnkrn -- thanks again for designing these for us. How it looks doesn't matter at all to me, I'm just happy I can velcro it to the wall and put it to use!

Comment

• myrison
        myrison commented
        Editing a comment
        No apologies necessary! But yes, happy to get a few dimensions for you. I’ll do my best to measure in those small spaces. Most should be easy but from housing to lens will be a bit tricky with a ruler. Is there a better way ?

• stevnkrn
        stevnkrn commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't have a caliper use a small piece of paper that fits through the hole. Gently touch the lens with on side of the paper and draw a mark where the paper just passes through the housing front surface. Then measure from the papers edge that touched the lens to the mark that indicates the front surface of the housing. I don't need perfect accuracy. Do the best you can.

• COgolfengineer
        COgolfengineer commented
        Editing a comment
        myrison are you using the 1.7mm lens for the side view or down the line view? For my side view, I only have 3ft from the wall to the ball, so do you think this 1.7mm lens would work? Base don your pics, it seems unlikely as your picture is probably taken about 3ft from the wall and the vertical wouldn't capture the golf swing.

I have up to 8ft for a down the line view, so I'm sure the 1.7mm lens would work and could probably go for a bigger lens. Any input for that lens?

COgolfengineer -- making a new reply so I can add pictures. Yes, I'm using the 1.7mm for the side view. I have 3.5' from the monitor on the wall to my usual hitting position (the monitor probably hangs ~2-3" off the wall FYI. I took a video showing what it looks like from 3.5' and then adjusted things to have the Uneekor measure from only 3' away and showed the camera view from there as well. Summary, both put the ball within frame with the camera mounted at around 4.5' up and 3' away, though from 3' it is tight. If it didn't quite work in your setup, you could mount it a bit higher and point it down, which would fit everything in for sure vs. putting it straight on like I have it.

First PowerSwing card shows it starting at 3.5'
      Link

Second PowerSwing card from 3'
      Link

For both cameras, I just have a command strip with velcro on one side and adhesive on the other attached to the camera housing. It holds tightly and allows me to move them around if needed (like the one on the back garage door that I pull off whenever I open the door [it's a manual door I keep locked form the inside to avoid surprises]).

Pictures showing what the setup looks like from the hitting position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spinel_1.7mm_cam.JPG
Views:	1715
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	320005

Showing back camera on garage door

Name:	full garage view.JPG
Views:	1539
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	320006

Comment

• deepakvrao
        deepakvrao commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thanks for the videos. What lenses do you think I will need if I have 8 feet behind me and 6 feet for the front view?

• myrison
        myrison commented
        Editing a comment
        Tagging COgolfengineer as he had exactly 8’ so he would be best to comment.

myrison Awesome, thanks! Yeah 3ft is tight. I'll go ahead and get the 1.7mm lens and play around with it.

For the down the line camera, which lens are you using and how far back from the ball is it?

Comment

• myrison
        myrison commented
        Editing a comment
        My down the line camera is the 95 degree UC10MPC_ND and I've got 11' from the back wall to the center of the hitting area.

What do you guys use for overhead lighting with the Spinel cameras? I’m looking to add some spot lights or LED panel lights on the ceiling aimed down at my hitting position, so I can keep the projector looking crisp while still getting decent video...

Comment

I got two of the spinel cameras. Black and white 120fps. I have one on face view and one DTL. For some reason the face view is at 60fps or 30fps compare to the DTL view. Same camera, same settings in the Uneekor software. Any advice? Anybody else experience this? I guess I should swap cameras and see if it goes with the camera or the port.

Comment

• jconnor0504
          jconnor0504 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the same issue. Customer support suggested not connecting both cameras to the same USB power bus. Didn’t seem to help me though.

• Swarm99
          Swarm99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I swapped cameras and the 120fps followed the camera, not the port. I noticed one camera was brighter than the other. I checked the AMCap app that you download from the Spinel site and noticed that the lower fps camera had the low light compensation mode checked. I disabled that mode on the low fps camera and now they both operate at 120fps.

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          Brilliant. Nice work. Thanks for posting that back. Now that you say it I recall i had turned that on at one point as well and later turned it off due to problems. Totally forgot until you said it, so that’s definitely it.

myrison, this photo shows what I was thinking for a new camera housing that would accommodate the 1.7mm lens. What I don't know, and the reason I need the dimensions I requested is how deep and how wide to make the cone so it will me just large enough to keep the housing from being seen by the lens. The design issue is more complicated than it might appear because the cone area can effect the area where the tripod bolt is attached. The smaller and shallower (less deep) the cone needs to be the easier the bolt attachment design can be. Although you seem to be OK with your Dremeled version, others in the future might like a nicer looking version. I would like to make a nicer looking version available if possible. You other guys that are considering 1.7mm lenses for the Spinel cameras may want to comment on this.

Name:	1.7mm Lens Camera Housing.PNG
Views:	1485
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	320199

Comment

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          stevnkrn --- the design looks like it could work. Sorry for the delay, here are the dimensions of the 1.7mm camera and cutouts in the original housing. All of these are approximates since I'm using a piece of paper and ruler to measure, it might make sense to add 1-2 mm to each measurement to be safe.

* Depth from front face of camera housing to top of lens: 8mm
          * Height of cutout in housing face: 29mm
          * Width of cutout in housing face: 32mm

re: the height & width, I went at this very gradually (dremeling and checking every few mm) and the dimensions above are the minimum cutout size that allows the image to be seen almost completely without black around the edges of the video. If you need more info, please let me know.

Does anyone have approximate distances for the different lenses for the Spinel camera? From what I am reading, you need 3 -3.5' for 1.7mm. I ordered the Amazon version that is 2.1mm. How far back do I need to be to make that useful? I think my back camera can vary from 6-9.5" depending on how I want to mount it and my side camera from 3-6 ft. Should I stick with 2.1mm? Also, for those creating 3D printer files, are all files compatible with all software? I am thinking about getting a budget 3D printer to play with with my son and I and would like to be able to use these files.

Comment

• Foxycuts5
          Foxycuts5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you ever get an answer to this question? My ball is tee'd up about 5ft from the wall and I am wondering which lense to get as well.

Do the Spinel cameras come with the cords? I need one cord that is about 5 feet long and one that is about 25 feet long. I ordered two UC10MPC_L17. (https://store.spinelelectronics.com/UC10MPC_L17). One will be 4 feet from the ball facing the front of my body. I feel like that is about 6 feet away from my body. The camera from behind will be about 7 feet away.

Comment

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          They come with short cords. Maybe 3-4' at most.

Hi guys
        I bought the spinel cameras but am having issues.
        It looks like Ignite detects the camera but the recording is blank (grey box)
        I wasn't sure if there was a camera issue so I checked a different app.and camera works.

I thought this was plug and play so I'm a bit stumped...

Comment

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you check other resolution settings in the Ignite app to make sure you chose a compatible one? For me it was plug and play so this is just my first guess as to what might be wrong. You’d want to choose something at 120 FPS and with a 720P resolution.

Oh I got it working! Thank you so much. I had to pick the camera in settings.
        Last edited by Badbeatjay; 02-24-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Wanted to add some things. My understanding is the projector you have has some bearing on camera compatibility. I have a Panasonic projector and am using a Nexigo 1080P 60 FPS webcam. The system has worked flawlessly with no blur. I have good lighting on the hitting area. I have camera mounted on Tripod and move to side or back of the hitting area. I did have an issue with usb extension cables so want to make sure you get a good cable. My cable is 15 ft but my understanding you can get 30 ft cable that will also work. Can get more details and pictures if you want.

Comment

• JayBrd85
            JayBrd85 commented
            Editing a comment
            USB 2.0 is supposedly limited to a 16ft cable, but you can get active USB cables that boost the signal and allow longer distances. I have a 16ft extender and 32 ft extender, depending on if i end up running the cables along the floor or ceiling. Still waiting for my cameras to be delivered, currently in a FedEx black hole.

• myrison
            myrison commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree re: "supposedly only 16 feet" as there a bit of luck involved depending on the card you have for longer runs. I'm using a 25' extension cable and haven't had issues. This is the one if anyone wants to try the same: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• JayBrd85
            JayBrd85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I used an active 32 ft USB extender - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It worked great when I just plugged it in and tested it. Once I snaked the cable around the edge of the room for permanent placement, it started flickering really bad and losing about 10-20% of the picture. Turns out the "active" part where the camera cable plugs in was causing interference. It seemed to clear up once i moved that connection part about 3 ft away from the camera.
        Working...
        X