Camera options for Uneekor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera options for Uneekor

Fellow Uneekor users, looking for feedback on successful deployment of 3rd party cameras that work well with my QED. I know a number of users have tested various solutions with moderate success. Uneekor has announced the Swing Motion system but at $1400 it is expensive. We are fairly new to this level of analysis and envision occasional use of the cameras. Any advice not the following would be very helpful. We love our system and the support we have received from the Uneekor team.

1 What model, spec, costs and results
    2 Lighting requirements
    3. Capture and storage
    4 Software requirement
    5 The benefits of the Uneekor Swing Motion camera option; Unclear if this comes with a separate software package
    6. Overall benefit of a camera system

Thanks so much.

• I was also thinking of going with the Kayeton camera over the Spinel. I have the EYEXO and am wondering if it comes with the IR filtered lens or does anybody know where I can get one to fit the Kayeton 2.8mm lens.

Comment

• Here is what I am working with

Comment

• Thanks Tim.
      I like they come in the nice enclosed case!
      Saves the 3D printed thing.
      My set up allows 5' on the side and 8' from the back.
      You don't see any problems there?
      I will send back the 2 ELP cameras i ordered from Amazon and go with what you suggest.

What is a AM Cap?

Here is my set up.
      Don't laugh at the Leaf's Signage.

Comment

• timsiegle
        timsiegle commented
        Editing a comment
        I have about 8' from the side and 12' to the back wall. The ND in the model name stands for "non-distortion" so no fish-eye look to the image.
        With only 5' on the side, you might want the "L20" one with a 2.0mm lens and larger Field of View (120 degrees vs 95 degrees)

AM Cap is a free software that allows you to adjust webcam settings (brightness, contrast, etc) to suit your environment and lighting. You'll have to mess around a bit to get to optimal image quality

• So this one?

Comment

• timsiegle
        timsiegle commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the one

• OK.
      Got the 2 cameras usb cables pluged into the back of the computer.
      Now what? Watched a You-Tube video, but it was a older QED and his Folders did'nt look anything like mine.
      Can you help on what i do from here to start seeing the cameras and getting them on the Ignite screen?

Comment

• timsiegle
        timsiegle commented
        Editing a comment
        Open Ignite, click 'settings', then choose the webcams from the drop-down menu where it says 'Left' and 'Right'
        The cameras can't be in use by any other program or they won't be seen in Ignite.

• Quick follow-up question on this: I hooked up a couple cameras and setup, easy-peasy. When I take a swing and the playback shows, it only makes it about halfway through my swing before it switches off. Before I start digging, does someone know a quick adjustment for this? Thanks, Neil

Comment

• Any updates on the Kayeton color vs Spinel B&W? The videos of the Spinel above look like a good solution, but color is enticing...
        Does the Kayeton have IR filter possibilities?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevnkrn View Post
          I bought a $62 Spinel camera from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e=UTF8&psc =1) and it works quite well as a swing cam. It's black and white but 120 fps. Unlike some of the other cameras listed in this thread this one it is readily available from a U.S. supplier. In my case it took 3 days from order to delivery. It came with a 2.1mm lens with an IR filter so I don't see any flickering from the IR LEDs in my Uneeker QED. I like it well enough that I ordered a second one. The video at 1/8 speed looks very similar to the video birdie posted using Kayeton cameras.
          Would this be similar to what you got? What would the distance required be to capture a full swing?

Spinel USA LLC (Spinel) is a camera module manufacturing company based out of Orange County, CA, offers a wide range of PEG cameras, USB cameras, Network (IP) cameras, and other specialty cameras and accessories at great prices. Buy Now!

Comment

• Originally posted by COgolfengineer View Post
            I have the Spinel cameras that have been suggested here. They are black and white.

I have recently tried a color 120fps camera by Kayeton and works very well. Here's the link.

Global Shutter High Speed 120fps CS Mount Varifocal 2.8-12mm UVC Plug Play Driverless USB Camera with Mini Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GWNB6TN...ing=UTF8&psc=1

With the Spinels, if you don't have enough light, I get this very high contrast and grainy image so I have to turn on Low Light Compensation in Amcap which I think increases the exposure time and gives more blur. I don't have to do this with the Kayeton camera as the Low Light setting is grayed out in Amcap, but it might do something internally. Either way, the picture looks good for a color camera, same or less club blur than Spinel, and has an adjustable lens.
            That lens starts at 2.8mm. What distance do you need for the full swing to be captured?

Comment

• kirkemg
              kirkemg commented
              Editing a comment
              preludesam - thanks for the reply. I'm able to easily rotate the image in Kinovea but the playback always reverts to the unrotated image. Rather frustrating.... The saved file also is saved "unrotated"..... What do you mean by save as a workspace? Sorry if basic, i'm unfamiliar with that concept.

Side note - turning the camera on its side definitely fixed my issue of capturing my whole body/swing. Just need to tweak these last few things within Kinovea

• preludesam
              preludesam commented
              Editing a comment
              You can create a saved workspace and name it once the settings are they way you like them. Then create a shortcut by right clicking the icon in you taskbar. It’s explained in the user guide. Head over to the Kinovea website and give the guide a read. Joan updated a couple months ago and made it really easy to find info.

• kirkemg
              kirkemg commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, thanks for the guidance appreciate it

• Originally posted by osuoverum@gmail.com View Post
            Question about the camera setup. I have a Spinel UC10MPC_ND_BH36 setup front facing, about 7 feet from the hitting area. When I see the captured image in AMCap (see attached) the image is plenty large enough to capture my entire swing. However, when using the View software, the horizontal image (see attached) is being cropped pretty substantially, and to the point that my swing will definitely not fit in the captured image.

Is there a setting within View that I am missing or is this simply intended behavior and is needed so that both the front and down the line video can be displayed in one screen while using View.
            What software is 'View'?

Comment

• preludesam
              preludesam commented
              Editing a comment
              View the standard software for the Uneekor EYE XO. Ignite is is the standard software for the Uneekor QED.

• I’m near completion of sim setup with Uneekor EyeXO. I use view for practice and tgc2019 for playing. I’d like to add cameras for practice. I see option in view and wondering if, once cameras are added, this option will work and can be moved to a second screen. I plan on having 3 (hitting screen, 42” tv and 23” computer monitor).

Comment

• For what it is worth Golf Nut 1 I have a QED with two TVs and a projector running when I use Ignite, which I believe is the QED equivalent to View on EyeXO. Both TVs are set up as computer monitors. In addition I have two Spinel cameras hooked up for slow motion swing capture. This seems to me like the QED version of what you are trying to do with you EyeXO. During practice I routinely put the camera views and data on one TV and a view of the driving range on the impact screen and the other TV. I assume if I can do it with my QED you would be able to do it with EyeXO.

Comment

• Thanks stevnkrn. That does sound right and is exactly the plan I have. Appreciate the response. I’m going to check out the spinel cameras too. Also considering Logitech brio. Didn’t want to drop the 14k on swing optix just yet

Comment

• Golf Nut 1, before finding the Spinel cameras (I’m the guy who first reported on them in this forum) I tried a couple different cameras and the Logitech Brio was one of them. The frame rate on the Spinel was higher, which lead to better slow motion video. They are less expensive too. In my case I was OK with black and white video because I could see what I wanted to see. I understand why some people prefer color video but I have yet to any 3rd party color video from others in this forum that compares to the slow motion Spinel video. Maybe I missed it. I hope someone that has a good, cheap color option will see this and post video for all to see.

Comment

• I finally pulled the trigger and bought this one for down the line video:

Spinel USA LLC (Spinel) is a camera module manufacturing company based out of Orange County, CA, offers a wide range of PEG cameras, USB cameras, Network (IP) cameras, and other specialty cameras and accessories at great prices. Buy Now!

And this one for face on video since I only have 3 feet to work with:

I have like 8+ feet behind my sim so the first camera should work fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X