Interest in 3 piece Urethane cover Uneekor Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in 3 piece Urethane cover Uneekor Balls

I have a sleeve of samples that a paid a spectacularly large amount of money for coming my way from China for testing. They are 3 Piece urethane balls whose dot printing is below the clear coat. Would anyone be interested in seeing the tests and additionally buying balls when I put my order in?

I'm guesstimating that they will not be cheap ($4-5/ball). Assuming testing goes well I'm most likely going to order them and if i get stuck with them I'll wind up playing with them on the course as well as in the sim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1704
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	270828
    Last edited by grew; 05-21-2020, 06:38 PM.

Well after seeing that pic, you're better off just buying the balls from Cut golf. They'll probably last just as long or longer and be much cheaper per dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
      Well after seeing that pic, you're better off just buying the balls from Cut golf. They'll probably last just as long or longer and be much cheaper per dozen
      Jwheels9876 Whats the story with Cut Golf? I see they do custom printing - do they work with the Uneekor pattern? First I have heard of them. I am desperate for a solution for dots for course play on TGC.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they do the uneekor pattern.. they work fine but the cover on the ball is not great. I've been using the uneekor ball until I get to 150 yards then I use the cut ball so I get some spin. They'll last 3 or 4 rounds that way before the cover gets chewed up

You have to go to the custom printing order page and just type in uneekor where it asks what you want printed on the ball

Premium quality performance golf balls and golf apparel at a low and affordable prices. Purchase golf balls by the dozen or save money with our value bulk buys. Cut Golf offers urethane, matte surlyn, and surlyn cover golf balls. Cut Golf is home to "The Best Damn Golf Balls Under 20 Bucks".

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have only tried the Blue ... I've heard the DC has the same durability issue. I am a high spin wedge guy so the ball may work differently for others

• CHansen157
        CHansen157 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you back to playing the Cut balls again? I thought you had ditched them due to the cover issues relative to the milled ones or stickers.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought a few dozen a while ago and have played them when I need a good ball thst I can trust won't get me a misread. I prefer the maxfli tour with stickers but if one wears out and I miss it, it may cost me in a tournament

Is anyone finding that the Bridgestone balls are shedding some pigment on their screens? I'm already getting marks on the screen as well as on the face of my wedges. I guess the solution is to try to find an open spot and orient it before a hit?. I'm kind of disappointed, I expected it to be as durable as say the black text of the brand name printed on "any" ball.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about he Cut balls. I had no idea. So I"m out quite a bit of money for these samples..... hrmmmm oh well

Has anyone tried the new Cut DC balls? I'm going to get a couple dozen and compare.
        Last edited by grew; 05-28-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• rjd1975
          rjd1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          grew, have you tried the drilled balls? I don't want people (like you and Jwheels9876 from trying to figure out a solution, the drilled balls have worked best for me. That said, I have not bought from Cut yet. They do seem willing to work with Uneekor folks, the durability is the problem.

• grew
          grew commented
          Editing a comment
          rjd1975 I tried to order from Cut but they cancelled my order and said they dont' do the uneekor dots.

While I truly appreciate the drilled concept. I dont' see much of a difference between the drilled an the golf dots.

I want a turnkey solution which is why I'm willing to spend the time and money to try and make one.

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          They got back to me and said they cut it back during the pandemic but they're back to making them

Balls arrive today. I'm getting a sleeve of the 3 piece urethane and their 3 piece surlyn cover.

I'm going to set up the testing today and maybe sunday monday.

Test with ball 1 will be 1 full round with the ball with pictures after each 9 holes

Test with ball 2 will be 100 full 56* wedge shots with pictures after every 10 shots

Test with ball 3 I am not sure yet

Will do the same tests with the surlyn covered balls as well and will try and post as much data/screenshots as I can.

Comment

• rjd1975
          rjd1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          are you getting them from Cut?

• grew
          grew commented
          Editing a comment
          rjd1975 no cut wouldn't sell me the dotted pattern. I sourced them from China. Its a 3 Piece Urethane ball. They also sent a 3 Piece Surlyn ball that I will test as well.

• rjd1975
          rjd1975 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, have you worked with Jackedupswing? He seems to be on a similar path. Thank you for all you are doing, I think finding a solution will really help Uneekor and QED users. His thread is also on this forum.

​ Just got them.

The balls look awesome

Here is 10 shots with a 52* vokey sm8 that has seen about 2 rounds. Teal is new Bridgestone from uneekor. Pink is the ball they sent me

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	805.5 KB ID:	274677

Now granted I'm somewhat of a higher swing speed player but this definitely took a beating

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	229.5 KB ID:	274675

3 piece surlyn is not good spin wise

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.PNG Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	274680

and this is it after a full round.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.PNG Views:	0 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	274687

To be honest it held up way better when playing golf and not ripping full wedge shots. My 56* is from last season and that didn't tear into it as much as the 52 and the 60* which were purchased in the last month I'm thinking if I can get them for a good deal I'll buy a bunch.

Stay tuned.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by grew; 06-12-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's exactly what the CUT bakks would look like after like 10 wedges in a row. The covers are so soft I guess that they tear up too easily. Numbers look good, maybe just play them inside 150 yards and use the bridgestone everywhere else and you'll get maybe 3-4 rounds out of them until they're all torn to shreds

• grew
          grew commented
          Editing a comment
          Jwheels9876 Yeah so I am going to see how much I can get them for. If they are $3 a ball or less I'm totally OK with them only lasting 2-3 rounds.

Got my quote from the supplier. looking really good for it to come in around $3/ball shipped to everyone.

(Edit) Just ordered 2,100 balls. This was the best deal and will wind up being a really good option

Looking like it will be $43 shipped for 14 golf balls in a USPS priority small flat rate box.

Going to follow up with a picture after 3 rounds (because that's about how long I expect a urethane cover ball to last)
        Last edited by grew; 06-15-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Most likely will get delivery in Mid-Late July sometime. I hate hate hate pre-orders as it its not fair to people. I'll update all steps in the production process and will follow up when I have the product in hand. I will then have people order once I can ship out within 24 hours of ordering.

Comment

Balls shipped out yesterday. Hoping for delivery the end of the month. My pricing estimates are going to be solid and will not change.

I"m now 3 rounds and a bunch of practicing done with the ball and it is still reading well with the uneekor. it is pretty tired looking but hasn't done any damage to my screen and is still spinning really well.

Comment

Balls arrive today. Pricing will be $43 for 14 balls in a USPS priority mail small flat rate box. PM me for ordering info.

Comment

First 10 people to order get the 14 Balls shipped for $35.

Apparently 2,100 golf balls is a lot
                Last edited by grew; 08-10-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I recieved a box of these balls yesterday. Spin and launch numbers were right inline with the unicorn balls. Time will tell on durability, but this looks to be another great option for QED users.

Comment

I'm getting a dozen of these as well, any issues with the dots making marks on a high quality screen?

Comment

• grew
                      grew commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven't had any issues.

Spin for driver and lob wedge were within my shot to shot error between these and unicorn balls. Physical I cannot tell them apart either. It's possible they are exactly the same?!

Comment

Working...
                    X