Upgraded mat advice for Uneekor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded mat advice for Uneekor

Feedback on mats. There are many opinions on which matt to buy and it can be a bit challenging to determine the correct choice. We currently have a Country Club Elite custom size mat to fit our hitting area. What appealed to us: one simple mat no insert, takes a standard tee, decent reviews and the company was very good to deal with. After time the mat feels a little punishing, spongy on the stance and the turf tends to grab the club, particularly if you tend to hit down on the ball. We are contemplating options; 1) Cut out an insert for the strike area (for Uneekor ~18 inches by 3ft). We have left and right play, this would keep the cost down. How hard is it to retrofit our existing mat with an insert? 2 Look at other full replacement options. IE FIberbuilt, TruStrike etc.... I would love to hear from other CCE owners. Any advice would be helpful, thanks for the help.

I am in the same situation as you are. I am very new to the sim world but have been playing several days a week with my Uneekor and CCE mat. I built a sub floor for the mat to fit into so am not to interested in changing out the entire mat. I have been looking at cutting out a section and then adding a fiberbuilt strip. Working with Par2Pro, it sounds like there is a "moss" color that matches the CCE color. One of my concerns is getting the cut perfect and that it looks like it was intentional to have that space for the hitting strip. My mat is 5x8 so finding a replacement size may be difficult.

I will be interested as to what others say and what you end up doing -- more than likely we may be taking this plunge together.

Comment

• JKCapeCod
      JKCapeCod commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, my issue is I need to cheat r and l center when lefties are playing due to the width of the room. The 18 inch QED hitting zone really helps.
      My concern, can I get a 18 inch wide strip and match it well to the current CCE mat (height and seam)

• JKCapeCod
      JKCapeCod commented
      Editing a comment
      Curious if you have attempted cutting an insert in to your CCE mat. We have not as of yet.

• azbball11
      azbball11 commented
      Editing a comment
      JK -I have not changed anything with the CCE mat. I actually am very comfortable with the setup, feel, and feedback from the mat.

We are a Uneekor Showroom and ONLY use CCE Mats. They hold up FOREVER and are easy on all your joints. Our establishment caters to the top Amateurs in the area so we have to have the best. I have a extra set (brand New) just like the picture that I might be willing to part with for $800.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Jason Davis Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8637.jpg
Views:	4166
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	272702
    515-988-9323

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy on your joints ha?

• 968Cab
      968Cab commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣. .

I moved away from CCE after I was killing my elbow and wrists... I have a Fiberbuilt and its a huge improvement... That being said... I find that putting off of the fiberbuilt nets me some odd results. Jay (a98cr2125) uses an interesting setup that is similar to a truestrike (maybe it actually is) and he seems to really like his setup. I would recommend PM'ing him or looking into his video on youtube that is a tour of his simulator. He speaks specifically as to what he did and uses.

Comment

See attached images:
      I putt from this position with the uneekor QED. You can place a ball 6" from the fiberbuilt 1'x4' center strip. I have not putted from the right.

This custom 3'x10' fiberbuilt putting mat has two holes to putt toward. It couples with a 9'x4' stance mat. Essentially, it is a combo mat that is the shape of a "T" for my garage space. (Park nightly and 4 minutes to roll down screens slide mats and start sim)

With the QED, you rarely aim with the software and simply putt toward the left or right to compensate for break. I have been very satisfied with the setup. Green speed has been much more readable and seeing 10' to 12' of ball travel helps you gauge distances on those longer putts. Shorter, straight putts, roll true.

The 1x4 strip is used for all kinds of shots. Fairway, rough, and sand are played on this bristled area. I originally wanted different grass lengths but then used the full flexibility of this material's depth. It allows for a sweeping deep sand shot and a picked 4 iron off the fairway.

Tee shots are on the right side of the bristled area. The QED sees a rectangular area between the 2nd and 3rd tee position, and over to the pictured ball. It's a comfortable window.
      Last edited by Will; 06-04-2020, 01:54 AM.
      Uneekor QED / The Golf Club 2019
      Epson L1300UNL (8000 Lumen Laser 2160P) ELPLU03 Lens (0.69 Throw Ratio)
      Dell P4317Q (2160P) x2
      PC (Watercooled 2080 TI / 11700k / 16GB)
      Par2Pro Stealth Screens

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
        See attached images:
        I putt from this position with the uneekor QED. You can place a ball 6" from the fiberbuilt 1'x4' center strip. I have not putted from the right.

This custom 3'x10' fiberbuilt putting mat has two holes to putt toward. It couples with a 9'x4' stance mat. Essentially, it is a combo mat that is the shape of a "T" for my garage space. (Park nightly and 4 minutes to roll down screens slide mats and start sim)
        Will, is the putting strip to the left/right of the 1'x4' center strip the same putting surface as the 3'x10' putting mat, or is it the same material as the stance mat?

If same as the stance mat, does it roll true when compared to the putting mat?

Comment

• Will
          Will commented
          Editing a comment
          RJBoogie Stance mat.

The ball rolls on the stance mat for about 18". I don't believe it adversely effects the ball. Even on 6' putts, it isn't thought about. I wouldn't practice 3' putts across the two materials with the tiny thickness drop. Initial ball speed and club path determine the outcome on the sim.

Every once in a while (rarely) I may stand on the putting surface and just putt at the right or left cups. I only line up up the ball to the left cup on the stance mat while playing the sim.

Lefties can't line up a ball with the right cup and putt. I set it outside of the Uneekor QED window. This is to make sure the right handed players (me 99.9% of play) have about 7" of space to place a ball for a putt, the width of the fiber for grass shots, and a tee in the correct position. I guess I could adjust the window placement, but it would be a bit of compromise.

The rubber underlayment mats can effect the flatness of the turf. Make sure you get all the plugs down flat as they can introduce a slight rise and movement in the putt. A straight putt will go between all of the pegs in my setup and it's not an issue. But, if I putt toward the left edge, where there are plugs every 1', there is a slight roll away from the that edge. This is ok for sim play because when I aim a 12' putt 4" left of the cup, the ball bends back to the cup.

• RJBoogie
          RJBoogie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the response Will. I'll be starting off with a radar unit (Mevo+) and that is the reason for my concern. It seems that putting is less of an issue for the Uneekor QED because it's capturing the movement at narrower pre/post impact positions. Hopefully I can move on to the Uneekor unit in my v.2.0 build

I have the EYE XO and use a CCE mat that sits up 3/4 inch above the surrounding turf. It works fine and the Uneekor reads putting and shots fine. The CCE is a great mat IMO. I have hit off others and I prefer the CCE. For the ones that are noticing the club digging too much in the turf, the CCE is designed so that you get this effect(yes it can be harsh at times). I wonder what your attack angle is or Dynamic loft is because I think your answer to the problem is going to show up in one or both of those data points. CCE is not forgiving on heavy shots but that is what they wanted. I agree for people that have a steep downswing or flip the club at impact this mat can be unforgiving at times.

Comment

When I first started with the CCE mat, the "sting" of fat shots did have some effect on the joints. However, after several months of use with the SIM and mat, along with some swing improvements, the CCE mat has been a very nice mat. It does provide "feedback" on fat shots in the terms of feeling it in your joints, but when striking the ball well, the mat performs awesome. Translating this to the real course, my ball striking has never been better and scores are consistently lower than before. Unfortunately, if I continue to miss birdie putts, it is on me and not the mat. I now am a big believer in the CCE mat.

Comment

I have the Goriila Perfect Reaction mat which is supposed to be just like CCE. Everything said above about hitting fat and the response is accurate to what I get. I found my attack angle was so steep that is explained most of my mishits on the golf course. I have been working on fixing that so I don't hit the ball fat. Of course, now my miss hits are thin shots...so baby steps....I am sure right before I die, I will have found the perfect swing. What I am looking for is extending my 5x5 mat with maybe another one so I can have RH and LH players. Or just buy an entire new mat. One thing I was considering was placing a Fiberbilt hitting strip between two mats. Will this work? I need the mats to be mobile as it is in my garage and we do park cars in there.

Comment

Thanks, we plan on sticking with the CCE as is for now. We really like the seamless hitting area.

Comment

I actually just ordered a new mat from a company called HD golf. It is a 3 piece system with hitting stances on both sides of a center hitting strip. It is called Soft Strike. With my new Uneekor, I am playing so much more that the CCE style mat I have is starting to wreck me. The cost for the mat setup I got is basically simialr to a 5x5 CCE mat. Based on videos I have seen on Youtube and talking with people, it is in between the CCE and Fiberbuilt and works with a type of trampoline effect. Will have it is 3-4 weeks as I guess it is custom made and will post back after I have had time to use it.

Comment

• JKCapeCod
                  JKCapeCod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would love to hear your feedback, we are considering the SoftStrike.

• mpkelley20
                  mpkelley20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will definitely let you know how I like it. I will try and post of pics and stuff once I get it and play on it. My main issue before I bought it was how to keep the center piece from moving when hitting as my floor is not built up and I don;t want to screw the metal plate to the cement floor as I still need to use my garage for cars. But after talking with Scott at HD Golf, I asked if using Velcro strips (strong velcro) could work. Similar to tape. he thought it was a great idea. Then I remembered that I can just use my current CCE style mat in the front of the hitting mat to act as a weighted barrier so that is what I will be doing. Will give me more putting runway as well!

• Jnc10
                  Jnc10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i bought the soft strike and really like it.. You will definetly need to build a surround or platform as it will move if you do not. for now I just put the hitting strip in my Fiberbuilt base in hopes of building something out of OSB and 2x2's in the future. The FB strip is about 3 inches wider so i had to put a filler in to take up the space

Here's a good video of the Soft Strike mat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7KuwJpjpyM

Comment

• mpkelley20
                  mpkelley20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I have been working with Jay on my recent setup with Uneekor and E6. He has been very helpful in answering a million questions for me and so far everything is working great.

I have EYE XO also and am currently using the Soft Strike mat. I purchased the SS mat with both stance mats. The hitting mat has spring action on the shots and it DOES save your wrists and elbows compared to other 'harder' mats. The SS mat sits slightly above the stance mats after I recessed it into my setup. I purchased from Lowes a 3/8" rubber squares (12x12) to place under the stance mats. After placing those under my stance mats, the hitting strip and mats are perfectly aligned creating a much better experience.

Comment

• mpkelley20
                  mpkelley20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good to hear it does what it is supposed to do. Jay Lasco hit so many golf balls I had to think it was a good mat! And good idea on fixing the gap. Scott from HD sent me the specs and the hitting mats and softstrike are supposed to be the same thickness. If I have a difference with it setup on my concrete floor, I will look to something like this. I have seen those mats of all different thicknesses and they can be very helpful. Hopefully my setup won't need it!

Would any of you be willing to share the price you paid for the SoftStrike? Also, what's the total height of the mat as I'm wondering if it would stay flush with my current setup. Thanks!

Comment

This is what i received when I inquired.

The soft strike itself is 10” wide by 46.5” long by 1.5” height. We then offer stance mats for either side in black or green that are 53.5” wide by 46.5” long by 1.5” height. The cost for just the soft strike hitting mat is $275 USD. The cost for the soft strike hitting mat + stance mats for either side is $450 USD. Shipping cost will be based on your location.

Originally posted by airbaker View Post
                  Would any of you be willing to share the price you paid for the SoftStrike? Also, what's the total height of the mat as I'm wondering if it would stay flush with my current setup. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X